sungus77
    sungus77's Avatar Become A Pro!

ugh. the nba is so frustrating.

is it just understood by the refs that they will keep a team like the lakers in a series by just sending them to the line over and over again while ignoring hacks and fouls on one end? unbelievable how crappy the suns can look on offense after being unstoppable.

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can blame the refs all you want, but Phoenix can't go flying into the lane out of control and expect to get calls the whole game. Look at Game 2 the Lakers tried that and didn't get the calls if you are going into the lane out of control then you aren't going to get the calls. Just blame the thing that truly cost Phoenix the game and that was turnovers and bad execution down the stretch. Phil put a trap defense on the Suns that they had no answer for expect D'Antoni to be better prepared for it next game, but today Phil had a gameplan that was just perfect and the role players for the Lakers stepped up

sungus77
    sungus77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    You can blame the refs all you want, but Phoenix can't go flying into the lane out of control and expect to get calls the whole game. Look at Game 2 the Lakers tried that and didn't get the calls if you are going into the lane out of control then you aren't going to get the calls. Just blame the thing that truly cost Phoenix the game and that was turnovers and bad execution down the stretch. Phil put a trap defense on the Suns that they had no answer for expect D'Antoni to be better prepared for it next game, but today Phil had a gameplan that was just perfect and the role players for the Lakers stepped up
    maybe there is some validity to what you say, but i saw barbosa absolutely mugged under the basket, hacked on the arm... no call. the free throw differential was just obscene for this game. what game are the refs watching?

as for the suns offense, like i said, unreal how poorly nash compared to other games and the shot selection of marion and stoudamire down the stretch. some really ugly shots with no prayer of going in.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

How can Iverson drive to the basket and draw heavy contact 20+ times in a game and not shoot a single free throw?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I started keeping track when it became a little too obvious the Suns weren't playing a home game: Suns had 4 free throws with 23 seconds left in 3Q. Two of those free throws were for defensive three seconds. So only two normal ones. Lakers, at that time, had 22 free throws.

Memories of 2006. http://static.flickr.com/47/139856740_8debb50da9.jpg

I don't think I know of another sport where the refs are so consistently bad. Tonight they absolutely killed the game. Also by calling about a hundred travels that most refs let go.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 04-27-07 at 04:01 AM.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poor officiating indeed. The Suns blew a lead but got robbed by the men in stripes. The officials, in my xperience, tend to show bias toward the home court.

TheProphet
    TheProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!

always true that they show bias towards the home court and that is in large part to the fans when they get up and are yelling about bad calls and going crazy the refs start to think maybe they are right it is a human nature thing. I am not going to blame the refs for Phoenix completing sucking at the end though and blowing a 17 point lead. I can more understand the complaint when Wade was in the finals driving to the basket last year and getting a bail out foul to clinch the game at the FT line officiating like that bugs me let the players decide the end of the game. The players had a shot in the game last night Nash had 3 turnovers in the final 3 minutes not to mention horrible shot selection by everyone Barbosa was about the only Phoenix player that didn't look bad at the finish.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course LAL were going to shoot a lot of free throws last night, they drove to the basket on virtually every possession. The only call that stands out to me as horribly missed was when Stoudamire blatantly goaltended, which led to a Phoenix layup.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sungus77 View Post
    is it just understood by the refs that they will keep a team like the lakers in a series by just sending them to the line over and over again while ignoring hacks and fouls on one end? unbelievable how crappy the suns can look on offense after being unstoppable.
    I think the refs were more vocal in the Detroit/Orlando game last night opposed to this game. Look how many times the Pistons got "T'ed" up last night. That was just unheard of, because I've never seen that many "T's" issued without any ejections.

chigoldcoast27
    chigoldcoast27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sungus77 View Post
    maybe there is some validity to what you say, but i saw barbosa absolutely mugged under the basket, hacked on the arm... no call. the free throw differential was just obscene for this game. what game are the refs watching?

as for the suns offense, like i said, unreal how poorly nash compared to other games and the shot selection of marion and stoudamire down the stretch. some really ugly shots with no prayer of going in.
    Dude with like a minute left. Kwame and kobe, that mad me F*cking sick. That could have changed the whole game. He got absolutely hammered. Refs definately did a piss poor job, you can say all you want they were sucking LA's dick. With b*tch ass odom complaining about every f*cking play. I am shocked phoenix lost that game. You could tell by half that things weren't going to go to well 2nd half. Lakers are a bunch of pussies, i hope kobe dies he is such a dickhead. They are a bunch of losers who do nothing but complain, while phoenix was just shrugging off the horrible calls.