meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Spurs just keep getting better every year. Spoelstra has clearly been outcoached in the series thus far. He's made a couple nice adjustments but has failed in that he has not played Haslem or Battier at all. These two guys are necessary to win a series like this, and I fully expect them to be in the rotation at some point. Lewis is playing too many minutes and getting burned defensively. The key thing Spoe is doing is putting Wade on Parker for long stretches.

I said Spoe should have done that last year with a big backcourt lineup. Took him 1 extra year to figure out what I already knew last year

The key thing is... Miami just looks bored. Especially Wade. He looks as if he wants to be in a hole to climb out of. I can't say I've ever witnessed this in pro basketball, but you see it in Tennis all the time, especially with Andy Murray. Almost like the guy is more comfortable when he's down, and in fact, wants to play from behind. There's a fire in guys like that. I expect Wade and James to dominate both these games. Both are getting to the paint pretty much at will and with the Spurs rarely missing any 3s, you can expect a lot more fast break points in games 4 and 5 from Miami. For games 4 and 5, Wade and James will combine for an average of 55+. Book it. Bosh is getting his open looks and Miami's pg's have to come out of a funk at some point or else they're gonna be spending a lot more time on the bench and that means more time with Wade on Parker.

Ginobli and Duncan are both playing great and its obvious revenge is on their minds. Leonard is a good player but I don't see anyway the Spurs are gonna win either of these games unless he plays at the same high level he did in game 3.

Miami defensively is gonna be in full force in these games. They won't lose control of this series. Watch is gonna be a straight clinic from the Miami stars in the next 2 games (considering Ray Allen a star too).

Shaq says you can't experiment against the Spurs and he's right. Spoe has been experimenting and its worked a bit but he needs to go with his money players at this point. There's no reason why Battier can't guard Boris Diaw. Lewis is spending way too much time on the court. Lots of small adjustments to make but Miami will play a turnover free fast break style game on one end and just get the Spurs in a half court game in the other and it's really that simple.

If Miami doesn't turn the ball over the Spurs are not gonna win this series. All of their forced turnovers if you think about it have been sloppy plays by Wade and James. They haven't been getting strips or steals, just straight up uncharacteristic plays by those two. That will not continue, trust me.

Parlaying this.

GL and GN.
    While I like Battier as a role player, Diaw would own him in the post. Then what? Double down and watch the Spurs knock down open 3's? Good luck with that match up.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by meyer0416 View Post
    I'll take lebron with his back against the wall at home against a team that shot literally a record high percentage anyday..
    This.

Thought Miami might show up and try to steal game 5 too...but after seeing goat's prediction...guess not.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs just keep getting better every year. Spoelstra has clearly been outcoached in the series thus far. He's made a couple nice adjustments but has failed in that he has not played Haslem or Battier at all. These two guys are necessary to win a series like this, and I fully expect them to be in the rotation at some point. Lewis is playing too many minutes and getting burned defensively. The key thing Spoe is doing is putting Wade on Parker for long stretches.

I said Spoe should have done that last year with a big backcourt lineup. Took him 1 extra year to figure out what I already knew last year

The key thing is... Miami just looks bored. Especially Wade. He looks as if he wants to be in a hole to climb out of. I can't say I've ever witnessed this in pro basketball, but you see it in Tennis all the time, especially with Andy Murray. Almost like the guy is more comfortable when he's down, and in fact, wants to play from behind. There's a fire in guys like that. I expect Wade and James to dominate both these games. Both are getting to the paint pretty much at will and with the Spurs rarely missing any 3s, you can expect a lot more fast break points in games 4 and 5 from Miami. For games 4 and 5, Wade and James will combine for an average of 55+. Book it. Bosh is getting his open looks and Miami's pg's have to come out of a funk at some point or else they're gonna be spending a lot more time on the bench and that means more time with Wade on Parker.

Ginobli and Duncan are both playing great and its obvious revenge is on their minds. Leonard is a good player but I don't see anyway the Spurs are gonna win either of these games unless he plays at the same high level he did in game 3.

Miami defensively is gonna be in full force in these games. They won't lose control of this series. Watch is gonna be a straight clinic from the Miami stars in the next 2 games (considering Ray Allen a star too).

Shaq says you can't experiment against the Spurs and he's right. Spoe has been experimenting and its worked a bit but he needs to go with his money players at this point. There's no reason why Battier can't guard Boris Diaw. Lewis is spending way too much time on the court. Lots of small adjustments to make but Miami will play a turnover free fast break style game on one end and just get the Spurs in a half court game in the other and it's really that simple.

If Miami doesn't turn the ball over the Spurs are not gonna win this series. All of their forced turnovers if you think about it have been sloppy plays by Wade and James. They haven't been getting strips or steals, just straight up uncharacteristic plays by those two. That will not continue, trust me.

Parlaying this.

GL and GN.

meader99

This is not going to end well for Goat or the Heat.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Goat is still a good guy. Cut him some slack. He is a solid forum contributor. We all miss picks at times

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Goat is still a good guy. Cut him some slack. He is a solid forum contributor. We all miss picks at times
    Are you serious or being sarcastic?

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

He gets what he deserves, cockiest poster here. I guess Mr. Know-It-All doesn't actually know that much.
    Points Awarded:

meader99 gave KRIT 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

I/O gave KRIT 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

I'm serious. Give goat another chance. I appreciate all members who posts no matter if we disagree.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

At least Goat does write ups that are well thought out. The other 90% just posts picks without any backing.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Points Awarded:

BCC585 gave crustyme 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

I/O

nothing like a good pity party

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    Haha funny stuff right there crusty. Good movie too.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

I don't remember him starting a winning thread in the playoffs. No wonder he is scared to keep a record now.

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    He gets what he deserves, cockiest poster here. I guess Mr. Know-It-All doesn't actually know that much.
    Have to agree with this and hence a hatred around here for the guy I guess.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    At least Goat does write ups that are well thought out. The other 90% just posts picks without any backing.
    Brandon Lang does write ups too. Just sayin'.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Now what do you guarantee?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

should of known the Heat wager was toast as soon as this idiot proclaims his guarantee. Goatcum about as sharp as a butter knife.

jaykarrels
    jaykarrels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Ouch

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24938

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Brandon Lang does write ups too. Just sayin'.
    Who the hell is Brandon Lang?

Look, I don't know Goat that well. I don't follow his picks. Maybe you guys have a legit reason to pile on. I'm not telling you how to feel. I'm just saying, that as a casual observer, every time I've read a Goat thread, it usually starts with a write up with some actual thought behind it. Win, lose, or push, that's more than I can say for the average poster at SBR. Even if I don't agree with someone's pick, if they make a valid case for their side, it's something to consider... and at the end of the day, that's what this board is all about.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

So does Lebron recruit Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, and Goat to coach them next season?

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    So does Lebron recruit Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, and Goat to coach them next season?
    LOL LeBron should just join the Spurs

I/O

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Goat shit must not watch ANY nba to take the heat at all vs a REAL team... what a joke

BigDofBA

Also, I can't believe this lost. Goat said it wouldn't. How is this possible.

Odds Goat coaches the Heat next season?

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post

Oh man...

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

terrible

BigDofBA

Also, I can't believe this lost. Goat said it wouldn't. How is this possible.

Odds Goat coaches the Heat next season?
    He does do great write ups.

"I told everyone team USA would win gold in the Olympics and we all know who won those debates"

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I guarantee that Goat has never, never ever, placed a bet against the Heat. Since the moment the Big 3 joined up, Goat has been nut hanging on the Heat, every game, in pre season, regular season, exhibition games, playoffs. He refuses to ever believe that the Heat can lose a basketball game. He got his ass handed to him that first season when the Heat looked like shit to start the season. He never takes in consideration long road trips, tired legs, guys sitting out, etc. He just blindly believes the Heat will win every game, anytime, anywhere. I challenge anyone to find a game that Goat said that the Heat would lose????

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Now what do you guarantee?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

buried

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Parlaying this.

GL and GN.
    had to log in just to mock this fukkn loser

BigDofBA

Didn't GOAT pick the Nets to beat Miami?

The Nets had the best starting 5 in NBA history so I don't really blame him on that one.

Pounding it down
    Pounding it down's Avatar Become A Pro!

So much for that guarantee....

First 1234 Last