4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nba champ bet to win the series dilema

I'm thinking the Heat lose game one and win game 2 like they did in Indy. Let the Spurrs come out at home, and get all their emotions out and win the first. Then they'll deflate, while Heat make the needed adjustments and win game 2, and take all the momentum down to south beach. Have been building a nice wad on the Heat to win it all since they were at +240 back on Feb 6th. Have some flo left to pound 'em, and so the dilemma for me is, do I just go all in now at a little better than even money? Or, wait for them to lose game 1, and if they do, what do you think Heat odds would go to with them now @ +115 if they go down 1-0? Would they go to +180? Higher? +200? Lower, +160? In any case, will be higher than +115.

If I wait 'til after game 1, the risk is of course if the Heat win game 1, they'll for sure become the fave.

jz833
    jz833's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6093

I wanna know what the series odds will be looking like as well if miami drops game 1. I'm in the same boat as you I wanna take miami right now but I rather wait. If miami wins game 1 I'm pounding them on the series!

johnbaek
    johnbaek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs will not lose again...

4seasons

My guess is vast amounts of disposable money is being wagered on the Spurrs, simply 'cause folks hate Lebron and want to route for Pop's team. If so, the line on the game going from -3 to -5, ML from -170 to -230, and Series line from Heat @ E to +130 means nothing. Heat/2-time defending champs would be odds on favorites if they had home court. So in addition to the Lebron haters/faders pumping the Spurrs, Spurrs are ONLY favored because they get games 1,2,5 & 7.

Spurrs on the road got waxed in OKC games 3 & 4, with at one point I think they were down 40 points. Pops had the bench emptied for like the whole 4th qtr, which is why Spurrs' bench has taken twice the shots than the Heat's bench during the playoffs. They got all that junk playing time. Anyway, do championship teams lose games by 35 points? These atrocious losses were to a team that doesn't even have half the bench Miami has.

Miami is undefeated at home, and with the Spurrs highly susceptible on the road, doesn't look like to me that the Spurrs will beat Miami in FL. And so that would simply mean that (as with any team without home court advantage), you have to win 1 on the road. That's it. Just 1, and then of course win your all your own 3 home games.

4seasons

CORRECTION above, Spurrs won by 35, NOT OKC!!!

So how about the Spurrs at HOME, well let's see:

Gm 1 against the weak ass Mavs, Mavs lost by 5, and then beat the Spurrs game 2 by 11!

4seasons

So, easy to think the Heat can win 1 in TX, if the Mavs could. The Heat have 2 games in TX to start the Series, and even if the Spurrs win both, after the Heat win their 2 games (3 & 4), Heat will probably have figured out how to win there by game 5, and if not they still potentially have another opp with a gm 7.

4seasons

When the Heat win the Series having to beat the Spurrs at least once in TX, then there will be NO doubt about there deserved greatness. Lookout, if the Heat stomp 'em game 1, they could sweep 'em 4 in a row!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13266

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    When the Heat win the Series having to beat the Spurrs at least once in TX, then there will be NO doubt about there deserved greatness. Lookout, if the Heat stomp 'em game 1, they could sweep 'em 4 in a row!
    There will be no sweep by anybody, and Spurs is spelled with one "r" not two.

4seasons

So being heavy on the Heat for the Series, I have the option of betting the Spurrs ML for game 1. Should the Spurrs win game 1, the Heat Series Line will head to at least +160 is my guess, and then all that then can pound the Heat some more at what could very well be the last chance you get the Heat as a dog IF, they don't win tonight that is. If I do this & Heat win gm 1, I can be virtually assured of cashing my Heat Series' tix which is my main focus.

Or, again, can just put what I got left on Heat @ +130 for the 3-peat right now, or wait to see if Heat lose gm 1, or maybe even split it. Any thoughts out there on this?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10524

I can see this sir.

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    There will be no sweep by anybody, and Spurs is spelled with one "r" not two.
    Sorry about the wild double r's, and with the sweeps at like 12:1 odds, don't expect it either. Just things we don't expect to happen in sports OFTEN happens.
    :

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by jz833 View Post
    I wanna know what the series odds will be looking like as well if miami drops game 1. I'm in the same boat as you I wanna take miami right now but I rather wait. If miami wins game 1 I'm pounding them on the series!
    For me, I pound when the Heat lose. Like in the market, look to buy low and sell high.

4seasons

Taking the Heat ML for the game, as can't pass on this team getting +200 no matter who and/or where they play. If they lose, whatever I got left will be on that rising Series line.

4seasons

The only way the Heat could've lost in a more nightmarish way, is if Lebron went not just down for the game, but down for the whole Series. Thanking the good Lord in advance, for Lebron's stellar return tonight. Of all the players who played, to think that the King of all players would be the one to go down in the end like that, is sick. That +200 ML for the last game was just too dreamy. Not getting +200 tonight brothers, more like (SBR quoting books currently from +140 to +170) +150 current Vegas odds on the game.

Series line is way down from that lusciously lofty +200 too (Hope you all got in on some of that ... my not taking the Heat more for the Series at +120, and losing on the game ML, will more than graciously be made up on my +200 pounding), to as low as +165 I see now at blodog. Just need to win 1 on the road friends, just 1! Basically, all we need tonight is some AC, the King, and better than Diaw +30 / Lewis -20, thank you very much. GO MIAMI!!!

When the Series goes 1-1, will the Heat become the odds on favorite on the Series Line?

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

Love it how all you guys just assume Miami automatically wins game 2 I must be missing something here? What will the series line be if Miami losses and goes down 0-2?

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by oChRoNiCo View Post
    Love it how all you guys just assume Miami automatically wins game 2 I must be missing something here? What will the series line be if Miami losses and goes down 0-2?
    If you're not going to assume that you're going to win, then I assume that you shouldn't wager.

Had the Heat lost, down 0-2 in the Series, I don't think it would've went to +300, but +250 for sure I'd say.

4seasons

From the nightmare game to the dream game, thank you good Lord! That'll pretty much do it folks for the Miami 3-peat. When Bosh, LJ & Wade are all clicking, there is no better team on the planet. Diaw to -5 / Lewis to +8; that's what I'm talking about, coach making the adjustments. Spurs' big old 3 don't have the legs crunch time, so it's adios time for the Spurs who are dubious on the road, and again they're beyond their prime: Miami's big 3 ages:30-29-32 & Spurs 38-32-36. Every disposable penny on the Heat to the bank.

4seasons

Another nightmare. First of all, where is Mario Chalmers? While Parker goes 8-15 in EACH of the 1st 2 games and scores 15 pts in the last one, the Heat have been playing without an effective point guard to say the least. Chalmers just 1 for 3 with 3 pts, 1 asst, 5 turnovers, 5 fouls in 17 mins game 1. Though game 2 was better in the win playing 31 mins with only 1 turnover, sill only 5 points and 4 assists. Then the $4 million dollar man goes 0 for 5 with 2 points, 3 turnovers, 4 fouls in 21 mins at home. Disgusting! His dumb offensive fouls to boot have cost the Heat serious momentum at those points in the game, and now in the Series. How many point guards do you see run carelessly into defenders like this chump? How hard is it to simply drive to open space to the hole and try to get a shot, and while drawing defenders to perhaps foul you, you kick it to James & Co? Perhaps Cole should start, and let Mario come off the bench like Manu.

If Chalmers is going to start at the point, or no matter who does, you need to play D, score, assist, and do not turn the ball over. How hard is that for a man being paid millions to play this game? If he starts, the first play should be for him to score. If not, give Cole the opportunity, and also think about not starting Lewis too who has been weak on D. Could be Battier or Haslem or even Birdman starting instead of Lewis, so we're not giving up 40 pts in a qtr. Need to switch this bring in Ray Allen, Cole and Birdman off the bench late in the first and for early 2nd q routine. Spurs are on to that and it's not working. Chalmers isn't working. Lewis isn't working. Need Allen fresh late in the game, so he shouldn't be getting all those mins early. Coach has many options, and he needs to figure something out.

Am thinking starting Cole, and bring Mario in when Manu comes in. I like the Cole/Parker & Mario/Manu matchups better too, or it's close enough to consider. Need to counter when Manu comes in, as to me he's the Heat's biggest problem. Give Mario that assignment I say, and perhaps coming in off the bench will take some pressure off him. Of course James, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers & Lewis all opened the last game like they were taking a dive, and the Spurs romped em with ease. So all cylinders seem to be either clicking in high gear or low gear game-to-game. I trust that pattern will hold true tonight. Safe to say that the Spurs can't play that good on the road, nor the Heat that bad at home. Heat did click for a few mins to start the 2nd half, and that needs to surface from the first min of the game.