Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Horace Grant Makes Slams The Heat

Former Chicago forward Horace Grant said this week Jordan’s Bulls would have destroyed James’ Miami.

"The Heat wouldn’t have had a chance. We would have locked them up. Especially with the rules today, Michael would have had a field day,” Grant said.

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

I like this....

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I actually wish all these has beens would STFU. You aren't playing any more, fade into obscurity please. Didn't he run away to Orlando anyways?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

Blah blah blah no one cares

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Not a slam when it's the truth.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hard to compare bit bulls back then would be -170 over heat in a series price

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hard to compare bit bulls back then would be -170 over heat in a series price
    How in the fukk the Bulls are going to play the Heat in the NBA Finals since they are both in the East?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

What else would he say?

The media loves to create drama out of nothing.

Duncan says the Spurs are going to win and ESPN goes nuts.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

kids today simply dont understand how the rules were different... how jordan would shoot 20more ft's today and how real defense was played

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    kids today simply dont understand how the rules were different... how jordan would shoot 20more ft's today and how real defense was played
    Very true. It was more physical game. If Lebron tried to go to the rim vs the Bulls he would have been physically exhausted and won't be called for fouls. Lebron without FT's is useless because he can't shoot at a high percentage unless he drives to the rim.

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

These wouldas are pointless, when it comes to comparing Miami to the Bulls. He was never a 1st or 2nd violin in the Finals, all the rings he got, were made by MJ/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe. Even Doc Rivers once said, he was the 'cancer' of the Orlando team.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

Cant say hes wrong...MJ with the hand check rule averages another 5-7 fts/pts a game.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I actually wish all these has beens would STFU. You aren't playing any more, fade into obscurity please. Didn't he run away to Orlando anyways?
    who cares

its not like he called up a newspaper and say i have some important info

he was out somewhere, a person asked his opinion and he gave it.

if he said no comment to any questions you fukks would be saying unreal. this guy is done playing and he still cant even form his own opinion

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

The "Jordan Card" is usually pulled when all attempts to destroy the greatness of Lebron's ability fails. At first it was that he would had never been in a dunk off because he was scared...even though his pre game dunk routine dwarfs most all star dunks.....then it was the "He would never win a ring"...which failed...then it was "He's not better than Kobe"...then Kobe failed miserably despite having Dwight Howard and Gasol...while Lebron went on a 27 game win streak and won back to back titles...

The Jordan Loyalists got fed up and played the "Jordan Card"....which usually ends the conversation they know most teams and players don't stack up to the 90's bulls...I think Lebron should take it was a compliment...he went from "Bum who will never win a ring" to "but he's not better than Jordan"....in only a space of 3 years...

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

“Horace Grant makes slams the Heat.”

Lol…Thought we had Sarunas back! Anyone remember that guy?

cdaniels24
    cdaniels24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

It would be vice versa for MJ. He pushed off so much he would average 3 offensive fouls in today's rules. And plus Horace Grant sucks. There will always be somebody better. It's inevitable

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

The players of today should not be penalized because they were born in a different decade...Jordan was beaten to a bloody pulp while the Pistons, Celtics and Lakers dominated...once Isiah, Bird and Magic left....nobody was allowed to breathe on Jordan...why do people not remember this?...The Knicks were allowed to knock him down in certain games, usually early in the series...and then in the later games..the refs simply took over and you could not look at Jordan without drawing a foul....He had free reign for 6 straight years...his competition was the Knicks...as far as physicality goes...How on earth is Oakley going to stop Lebron James? at his size? Lebron would have dealt with it the same way Jordan did...with the refs in his back pocket....

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    These wouldas are pointless, when it comes to comparing Miami to the Bulls. He was never a 1st or 2nd violin in the Finals, all the rings he got, were made by MJ/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe. Even Doc Rivers once said, he was the 'cancer' of the Orlando team.
    Bulls without grant for first run and Rodman for second run don't win titles. He averaged almost 10 rebounds per game during Bulls' run so while he wasn't 1st or 2nd - when they were playing you couldn't just be 2 deep like you can today. You had to have a lot of good role players and he was one of those
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SharkAA

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

How could no one mention championship sealing block on Kevin Johnson in 93?

raydog

in jordans day, you could hand and body check guys anywhere on the floor you wanted them to go.. that meant Away from the lane, in most cases, and there was no call... today, you cant breathe on a player who is driving because you get called for the foul...

as much as the kids, who never saw jordan/bird/magic/dr j etc., dont want to admit it, there are so many good players today who would have only been avg. players back then... and yes, lebron is one of them... you take away the driving pts. in the paint and the garbage pts. from lebron and you have a guy who you cant even put in the same sentence as jordan and the others... he simply wouldnt flourish like he can with todays rules...you are right, its nobodies fault when they play, but its a fact that the kids cant accept...

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

in jordans day, you could hand and body check guys anywhere on the floor you wanted them to go.. that meant Away from the lane, in most cases, and there was no call... today, you cant breathe on a player who is driving because you get called for the foul...

as much as the kids, who never saw jordan/bird/magic/dr j etc., dont want to admit it, there are so many good players today who would have only been avg. players back then... and yes, lebron is one of them... you take away the driving pts. in the paint and the garbage pts. from lebron and you have a guy who you cant even put in the same sentence as jordan and the others... he simply wouldnt flourish like he can with todays rules...you are right, its nobodies fault when they play, but its a fact that the kids cant accept...
    That might be top 3 dumbest comments I have EVER read
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Guinser

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Pistons destroyed bulls too.

Game got soft after Stern passed the belt to Jordan.
    Hard to lose when you can't.

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    That might be top 3 dumbest comments I have EVER read
    lolz... okay buddy... only dumb because you dont have a clue.... but in case you needed me to prove my point

you are welcome...
    Last edited by raydog; 06-05-14 at 03:42 PM.

raydog

you take the lane away from lebron, like they would have done, and you dont have a guy who gets thrown into ANY goat conversations... not even close... and the guy only shoots .75% from the line
    Last edited by raydog; 06-05-14 at 03:41 PM.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

James has a better 3-point % then Jordan?

A bit shocked.

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

lolz... okay buddy... only dumb because you dont have a clue.... but in case you needed me to prove my point

you are welcome...
    So Lebron has a higher FG% in the paint than anywhere else on the floor, just like every other player. And if you think Lebron would be an average player back then, you're even dumber than I thought.

raydog

gummo, jordan was heavily guarded all over the court ,with or without the ball... the game was so much different...

its just a small sample chart from a series with dallas i think, but you get the overall idea... garbage pts. and lane drivesfor pts in the paint are lebrons bread and butter... can you imagine how many more fts. jordan,bird, magic, and so many others would have gotten with todays rules... perhaps lebron could adjust... he is an amazing athlete, but we will never know...

raydog

cane, you are a clueless heat homer who thinks spo is a good coach...that, alone, kills any idea of anything you posting making any sense at all... please let the adults debate...thanks kid

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

gummo, jordan was heavily guarded all over the court ,with or without the ball... the game was so much different...

its just a small sample chart from a series with dallas i think, but you get the overall idea... garbage pts. and lane drivesfor pts in the paint are lebrons bread and butter... can you imagine how many more fts. jordan,bird, magic, and so many others would have gotten with todays rules... perhaps lebron could adjust... he is an amazing athlete, but we will never know...
    I understand what you're getting at. At the end of the day Jordan will probably, in most peoples eyes, be ahead of Lebron. But you could shuffle any of the other guys around --Magic, Bird, and LBJ and make an argument on who is better.

It's just weird to me that so many fans can't sit back and enjoy how good LBJ really is. Instead, Jordan backers constantly feel the need to be anti-James.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

that was in my day , I would take the bulls

cane

cane, you are a clueless heat homer who thinks spo is a good coach...that, alone, kills any idea of anything you posting making any sense at all... please let the adults debate...thanks kid
    You think Lebron would be average, and I'm the clueless one? LOL, that's some funny shit kid

cane

you take the lane away from lebron, like they would have done, and you dont have a guy who gets thrown into ANY goat conversations... not even close... and the guy only shoots .75% from the line
    In last year's finals, that's exactly what the Spurs did. They packed the lane, and when Lebron was being guarded, whether it was by Leonard or Diaw, they would play off him, basically forcing him to shoot mid range and long jumpers, and after struggling for the first couple of games, Lebron realized how he was being defensed, and proceeded to knock down those open jumpers that the Spurs were giving him. If memory serves, that ended up working out pretty well for Miami.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    The players of today should not be penalized because they were born in a different decade...Jordan was beaten to a bloody pulp while the Pistons, Celtics and Lakers dominated...once Isiah, Bird and Magic left....nobody was allowed to breathe on Jordan...why do people not remember this?...The Knicks were allowed to knock him down in certain games, usually early in the series...and then in the later games..the refs simply took over and you could not look at Jordan without drawing a foul....He had free reign for 6 straight years...his competition was the Knicks...as far as physicality goes...How on earth is Oakley going to stop Lebron James? at his size? Lebron would have dealt with it the same way Jordan did...with the refs in his back pocket....
    Jordan got knocked down every time he drove. It was hard for him to get to the lane because of hand checking and you could use your forearm. Jordan would out up 60 a night today. Pippen only played 44 games in the last 62-20 championship season. Pippen was overrrated. Here's the only way to stop Jordan and they did it every time he drove.

Last edited by raiders72001; 06-05-14 at 06:42 PM.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15360

and they could use an arm bar to push you around.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

FACT: LeBron would dominate in ANY era

12 Last