Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

Houston Rockets have it EASY

no way in hell blazers win the series

wonder what the series price will be 4v5 seed

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why not? 4 vs 5 is a toss up. Explaine why rockets will Irwin and why blazers will lose please

farmhouse1

You could be right. Blazers very inexperienced and rockets have harden & Howard who've been to the finals before. Chandler parsons won championships in college b2b I mean they have lots of experience in playoffs.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    You could be right. Blazers very inexperienced and rockets have harden & Howard who've been to the finals before. Chandler parsons won championships in college b2b I mean they have lots of experience in playoffs.
    Portland had a nice season... but its over

I see you have a thread stating Blazers over Rockets... I didn't see it. I guess we are on opposite sides. GL pal

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I'm not impressed with Houston at all. Dwight Howard is a complete joke. Not the dominant player he should be. Houston plays ZERO defense. They aren't winning anything this year. Portland has every chance in the world to win this series.

farmhouse1

Okay? So did the rockets, they had a nice season. You haven't explained why blazers will loose and rockets will win. Please elaborate
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Portland had a nice season... but its over

I see you have a thread stating Blazers over Rockets... I didn't see it. I guess we are on opposite sides. GL pal

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20382

How do they have it easy? I actually think Portland will win the series. Lin stands no chance on defense against Lillard. Terrence Jones is going to get abused by a top 3 post player in LaMarcus Aldridge. Batum and Mathews are strong physical defenders who can slow down Harden. Lopez is one of the bigger starting centers, he will matchup fine on Dwight. Don't forget that Houston has one of the worst home courts, and Portland has one of the best.

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Portland's only defence comes from Lopez, Portland does not have an interior defence at all. How long do you imagine Lopez will hold without fouling those vicious drives of Harden? Portland only relies on perimeter shooting, which ultimately will lead nowhere. The main reason, why Houston will take this in max 6 games, is Portland's inability to guard paint.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
    Portland's only defence comes from Lopez, Portland does not have an interior defence at all. How long do you imagine Lopez will hold without fouling those vicious drives of Harden? Portland only relies on perimeter shooting, which ultimately will lead nowhere. The main reason, why Houston will take this in max 6 games, is Portland's inability to guard paint.
    Portland have a good rim protector (Lopez) and good perimeter defenders (Batum, Wes). They should be able to contain Harden fine if his jumper isn't falling.

The Lopez/Howard matchup will be a bit of a problem in the odd game or two where Dwight somehow goes off but I don't expect it to be a consistent problem.

JAnthony

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Portland have a good rim protector (Lopez) and good perimeter defenders (Batum, Wes). They should be able to contain Harden fine if his jumper isn't falling.

The Lopez/Howard matchup will be a bit of a problem in the odd game or two where Dwight somehow goes off but I don't expect it to be a consistent problem.
    Again, you are just emphasising my point - Lopez is the ONLY one who can protect rim there. How exactly he will contain Harden, who is the best foul drawer in the league? Houston is the second best scoring team in the paint (more than 50 points per game), Portland is fifth (if I remember correctly) worst in points allowed in the paint, to top it all Portland also can't score in the paint either. They will win a game or two thanks to high percentage outside shooting, but that is not how you win playoff series.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

it should be a hard fought series. harden will get lit up on defense as usual. jeremy lin will turn the ball over on some jump passes and will get yelled at by mcchale in front of national audience, as per usual. and lin will get smoked on defense, time and again by mo williams.

farmhouse1

Vicious drives? Bro, the guy flops his way to the foul line like a sassy girl. Flares his arms in the air and yells at the referees to call a foul. Ohh yeah real vicious p, more like cowardly drives the lane and then flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post

JAnthony

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Vicious drives? Bro, the guy flops his way to the foul line like a sassy girl. Flares his arms in the air and yells at the referees to call a foul. Ohh yeah real vicious p, more like cowardly drives the lane and then flops.
    Man, I really don't care how he gets to the foul line, but he gets there and he will get there. I apologise for using that particular adjective, if that offended you, but I won't elaborate on this since all the counter-arguments are purely subjective.

Anyhow, I do not support any of these two teams, since both of them are nothing more than entertainers not real contenders. I am just trying to stay objective here and look at the facts as they are.