fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

"NO OVERNIGHT LINE" - Does it have an impact?

A number of the games I've considered betting on recently have come up "NO OVERNIGHT LINE". I've considered several of these games to be relatively easy picks (like Portland sans Randolph at New York which must win tomorrow, there's no overnight line).

It got me to wondering, does a "NO OVERNIGHT LINE" game get less action because people have less time to handicap it? If these games get less action, the "NO OVERNIGHT LINE" games may sometimes be a ploy of misdirection to get less bettors to focus on those games.

What do you think?
    Last edited by fearless; 03-22-07 at 06:07 AM.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14521

The given reason(s) for nol will be things like questionable status of a key player. So in some cases it's understandable and arguably in both parties' interest to suspend betting.

If over the long haul a book is deploying nol as an action deterrent, I would think over time it was lose clients who would go to other books that have the overnight lines with more regularity.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a little strange that it's 9 AM on the east coast and we still have no lines for two out of five NBA games. I would hope they put up those lines in the next hour.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, what's the big freakin deal about?