Philly-Pride33
    Philly-Pride33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

The hardest thing I've ever had to do......

I will begin with saying I'm crushed right now.. My heart is on empty.. I love my Philadelphia Eagles more than anyone could ever imagine.. sometimes in life you gotta go back..to move forward.. 1980.. I was living in the suburbs of Philadelphia, I was 9 years old and I loved sports and didn't really understand the game of football, even though my friends and I played sports all day long once we got home from school everyday. I remember my dad telling me the Eagles were in the Super Bowl.. I was instantly excited even though I didn't really quite know how much that meant at the time.. Sure, I watched the games but I was also a kid who loved being outside and I always wanted to be a Philadelphia Eagle. I'd day dream about it all the time and before bed I'd picture myself catching the winning touchdown and everybody goes crazy.. Ahh..to be young again... I was really good at sports.. football then baseball.. I played all my high school days and never was good enough to go to a big time college, however I did walk on at Boston College as a wide receiver.. played 4 years and that was it... I graduated with a Communications degree and went on to work in Radio at a small Philly station.. I worked for Jerry Blavat..the Geator with the heater.. guys from Philly will know who I'm talking about. I worked at 1540 AM Geater Gold for 4 years.. I got tired of talking on the radio and decided to try out for my Philadelphia Eagles.. I was in tip-top shape and I had a buddy who worked in the locker room as a towel guy.. he managed to talk to a player who then in turn asked a coach how someone could try out for the team.. Back then there were open calls to try out.. 2 weeks later I was at the Vet, ready to show my stuff.. I think I had a pretty good workout.. the Eagles didn't agree... Anyway to say I was saddened is a huge understatement.. I wallowed in my own misery for months to come.. I was out of work.. never should've quit the radio job without another one.. I'm impulsive at times in life.. I met a woman and moved to Texas.. I met a man at a bar I worked at, we bonded and that's the man who taught me everything about betting sports.. His name was Rudy, and I was enthralled about every word he spoke... I called him late last night, he is in his 70's now but we still talk once a week. I told him about my 2 crushing losses last night and he could tell my heart was torn to pieces.. truth is I care more about my Eagles losing the game then the money..sure, I care about losing that much, and my cousin and 2 best friends losing as well..but between you and I.. it hurt worse than when I got stabbed in Texas a while back.. I know I can make dough in this world.. but I long and live for football and my dream was to have my Eagles win a Superbowl one fine day.. I asked Rudy if I could see him.. I took a flight to Texas ...just me, my cohorts stayed back at the hotel and cried their eyes out.. I told each one personally... I will make this right..we're not leaving Vegas until I get all our money back and then some! I cried for 2 hours off and on to Texas.. All I could think of was what did I do and how can I get out of this mess.... I was worried more about how to ask the man I look up to for help... I got there and he Rudy was waiting for me at the airport.. I can always count on him to be there for me in life.. I would do anything for him if he asked...guess now its my turn... he loves coffee, drinks it all day long, so we got back to his place and we sat at his kitchen table and his wife came down when she heard voices.. she is a very sweet woman about 12 years older than him, but a good woman and I gave her a hug and she went back to bed..We talked about our horrid night and everything in between.. he said now what.. I finally just said it.. Rudy, I care about you a lot and I would never ever ask for anything from you if I didn't need it badly..his eyes perked up a bit and his lips were pursed..not sure how he would react.. I said I need a loan.. he sat back in his chair and just stared at me with a blank face.. I didn't know what to say.. he finally spoke.. Sammy, I like you..always have from the first day I saw you at the bar and you were the new guy in town and the guys always gave you a hard time from being from Philly and being new here.. You helped me when I needed it the most.. ( side not) Rudy had a major drinking problem and I got him the help he needed and saved his life and his marriage and his relationship with his 4 children. I know how hard it is to ask me for a favor.. so don't... I want to help you anyway I can... how much are we talking he says.. $ 200 K.. now Rudy was an Oil guy back in the day...he said he struck oil back in the late 70's and made a killing.. funny thing is I never knew that until after I moved back to Philly from Texas years ago.. he always said he was a blue collar guy that worked on the railroad as a conductor going through Rio Grand to Alpine... He didn't even blink an eye when I said the amount... He told me no problem.. we went to bed soon after and when I woke up this morning I walked down stairs and there was an envelope on the kitchen counter on it.. He says.. take it, its yours.. I was in shock, didn't think he had that much dough in the house.. I know he is before old school.. not going to ask why he keeps his dough in the house.. I thanked him over and over and finally he said.. now get back to Vegas and get my our money back! I was so excited I called the guys and told them everything. I'm on my way back now..should be there within the hour.. I'll be back later with my larger than life plays.. One in the NBA and the other in NFL.. trust me on this.. TONIGHT I WILL GET OUR DOUGH BACK AND MAKE A FORTUNE AND PAY BACK RUDY!!!

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

alekim
    PM ME
    alekim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

what..

DAytrader408
    DAytrader408's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

��

EasyPicks
    EasyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

what kind of drugs are u on when writing here?

if u r really 42, u have an illness......if u r 20 u need to grow up fast!

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

This will be hard to do, but let's all agree to stop feeding Sammi's air-betting ego and stop commenting in his threads. (Yes, I'm aware of the irony of my post)
    Points Awarded:

Catch77 gave Mocknroll 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LRKontroll
    LRKontroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

The best thing about the text of your post is your avatar.

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

You lost me at "I will begin"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: innn

Cornelius
    Cornelius's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't wait for sammy sunshines play. Gonna put I have on w.e sammy plays later. That's how much I trust sammy! Lets get this sammy! Make rudy proud!

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Call the priest!

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Can't wait for sammy sunshines play. Gonna put I have on w.e sammy plays later. That's how much I trust sammy! Lets get this sammy! Make rudy proud!
    Thanks C! I know some here trust and still have robust feelings for me..

IGotKidsToFeed
    Sic 'Em
    IGotKidsToFeed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9795

Philly-Pride33

We're in our hotel suite.. waiting.. wanting...hoping..praying.. for the outcome.. I filled the guys in on my Texas retreat... They've never met Rudy and I told them he just saved me from disaster.. Here's what I just bet.. LA Lakers ML @ + 120 for $ 91,000 dollars. After this hits it'll pay me $ 109,200 With my winning NFL play that pays Rudy back... win this and my 3 buddies and I get our initial dough back plus a little more.. In the end this trip might not have gone the way I wanted it to.. but at least nobody will have lost your hard earned dough.. Sammy will rise again like the late great Derrick Smith and Harry Kalas!!!

colout
    colout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Denver it is.. THANKS!!

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

ballsy bet....in jodie meeks we trust

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Did anyone even read his post?

His post =

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0
    Gopi-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

The best bull$h1tter in the world is still here???

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by colout View Post
    Denver it is.. THANKS!!
    You'll really regret that womanly phrase after the sun sets in LA.............

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by Gopi-1 View Post

The best bull$h1tter in the world is still here???
    Aint easy being the best!!!!!!!!!! in my real wide world.. money is green and my supple skin is sassy...

f3lis0
    f3lis0's Avatar Become A Pro!

Actually it does not look as a bad bet. Is a very tough match. But by the way this piece of man is doing ... the lakers will fall. GL to all!

thevault13
    thevault13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2278

Give it up you fraud.
    how bout you put 2k on a handicapping contest with me pal.
    or is it you only gamble with hundreds of thousands these days?

huccubs
    huccubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Cool story bro!

Philly-Pride33

Sammy just won his 109K bet on UNDER 46 PACKERS-49ERS!! Now Lakers ML and we got it all back and ten a lot extra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! NEVER EVER THINK I WILL LOSE WHEN EVERYTHING IS ON THE LINE.. RUDY THAT WAS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thevault13

Quote Originally Posted by Philly-Pride33 View Post
    Sammy just won his 109K bet on UNDER 46 PACKERS-49ERS!! Now Lakers ML and we got it all back and ten a lot extra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! NEVER EVER THINK I WILL LOSE WHEN EVERYTHING IS ON THE LINE.. RUDY THAT WAS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are a joke, go home to your mum and cry!

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

This.....is..................AWESOME!!!! I am amazed and baffled by your commitment.

My favorite part was when you said "money is green and my supple skin is sassy."

f3lis0
    f3lis0's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denver 2 nd half -2.5 is the play.

flyingcarbs
    flyingcarbs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Sammy why are you always wearing the same shirt in your videos?

huccubs
    huccubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Not looking good for the Lakers. Gasol gone cold. Looks like you need to borrow more money.

thevault13

And lakers are gone!

thevault13

Quote Originally Posted by huccubs View Post
    Not looking good for the Lakers. Gasol gone cold. Looks like you need to borrow more money.

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by Philly-Pride33 View Post
    We're in our hotel suite.. waiting.. wanting...hoping..praying.. for the outcome.. I filled the guys in on my Texas retreat... They've never met Rudy and I told them he just saved me from disaster.. Here's what I just bet.. LA Lakers ML @ + 120 for $ 91,000 dollars. After this hits it'll pay me $ 109,200 With my winning NFL play that pays Rudy back... win this and my 3 buddies and I get our initial dough back plus a little more.. In the end this trip might not have gone the way I wanted it to.. but at least nobody will have lost your hard earned dough.. Sammy will rise again like the late great Derrick Smith and Harry Kalas!!!
    In Vegas in my bed watching this awful game.. I'm calling it now.. LA Lakers ML for 91K LOSER I should of just put it all on Packers under but I made a 2 bets. I won 109 K and lost 91 K.. I can't go back home like this. I owe Rudy 200 K, going to stay tomm and bet 1 game for everything and then come back to Philly with dough in hand.. Good nite Sammy is going to bed

BB_Mariners
    BB_Mariners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by huccubs View Post
    Wondering who will he call now to borrow $400K? Trump? Warren Buffet? Or Bill Gates? Maybe he will find out that Steve Jobs was his uncle and left him big bucks.

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

you shouldn't be allowed on this forum

Philly-Pride33

Making a $ 209,000 bet tomm.. Then I pay back Rudy and win back for my cousin and 2 besties. After all I didn't come all the way here to lose...

Philly-Pride33

Quote Originally Posted by smarotta09 View Post
    you shouldn't be allowed on this forum
    856 posts and this is all you have to show for it... Please find a hobby or read a book...

12 Last