SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vernon Croy: Suns -6½ vs Rockets

Suns -6½ vs Rockets

Game Time: 3/12/2007 10:30:00 PM
    By: Vernon Croy
    http://www.procappers.com

With good numbers against the numbers facing the Houston Rockets, lay the points on the Phoenix Suns tonight at home.

The Suns are the superior team here tonight at home where they are 4-1 against the spread as a home favorite of 6½-9 points this season.

The Suns are 19-7 against the spread after playing three consecutive home games this season and they are 7-2 against the spread against Houston the last three seasons. Four of the Suns' last five meetings against Houston went Phoenix' way by double digits, and I have the Suns covering this small number at home tonight.

Play: Suns -6½

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I agree. Suns should cover.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

HOU may be just what the doctor ordered to get Suns out of their funk. PHX loves playing against teams like the Heat and Rockets, with a big slow center. After a few trips up and down the floor, the big man arrives at one end just when the ball departs for the other. Suns have pretty much owned these two teams for the past three years.

Still, the Suns have been vulnerable recently. The air went out of their balloon after they lost ground to Dallas while Nash was injured. That took their motivation away. They got the number 2 spot in the West more or less locked up, so they're not quite sure what they're playing for right now, and look every bit like it. I would have to pass on this one.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phoenix is the only way I could play this, but I am passing on that and taking the under.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Rockets in this game myself guys.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

phx ML here

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4783

I'm going to lay the 6.5 and take the Suns tonight.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great game from a fan's standpoint, due to all the unknowns. Terrible game IMO from a bettor's standpoint, for all the same reasons. Phoenix has truly been mailing it in recently, but on the other hand, they have beaten Houston 5 stright times by an average of 16 points. GL to all who took Phoenix, but it does strike me as a treacherous play.