Romerowned
    Romerowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2811

How is Portland so good?

33-49 record last year. 13-2 this year. Only team to beat San Antonio so far. Wtf is going on this year.

totallypsycho
    totallypsycho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4904

they finally got a shotblocking center in robin lopez and solid bench scoring. i expected them to be a playoff team this year but not to make this big of a jump. when the mccollum kid comes back watch out

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Overachieving. They have a good chance to be a 6-8 seed though. Think Warriors last year.

Also they weren't as bad as their record showed last year. They lost like 10 or 12 in a row to end the season and 3 of their starters were out during that period.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Seto nailed it.... kind of.

The lack of a center and a bench were absolutely the problems last year. Overachieving this year? To some degree I'll say yes but they are a good team. Without being too much of a homer (I'm a life long Portland resident) I'll say they are a 4 or 5 seed.

The "gods" of the west have some problems.

SA - old but still plenty worthy
    OKC - okay, these guys are good
    LAC - good but with problems. Teams with good defensive bigs crush them. The "punk" factor is high. Will they keep listening to Doc?
    GSW - Curry's health? great team but not invincible. Bogut's health?
    HOU - good but Harden is hurt a lot so far and will D Howard continue to be happy?

So, there are 5. Chances are one will fall off and Portland is already ahead of 4 of them.

Others:

MIN - About equal to the Blazers IMO (ironically Adelman is coach)
    DAL, DEN, MEM, NOH?? Dallas is probably the best of the bunch but their best asset is a washed up Dirk. MEM just lost Gasol. DEN is overachieving this year - losing George Karl kills them. NOH are young and inexperienced.

I just can't see the Blazers finishing below 6 at the worst unless they just crumble. And quite possibly much higher.

RIP CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtofell

oops... duplicate. How do you delete a post anyway?

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Easy schedule so far

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Overachieving and just chucking 3s and hitting. A good D will shut them down but a lot of those guys have played together for a few years now..maybe now that the pressure is off they'll finally do something with all that talent.

NYC_StudMuffin
    NYC_StudMuffin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Are you kidding me? This is an elite team ! They have 2 all stars on that team! Last time I checked , if you have 2 all stars on a solid team, you are not overachieving so stop with the hate . They are a easily a top 3 team in the west. Morons. Watch the game and examine it instead of talking out your stinkin asses

mtofell

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    Easy schedule so far
    They gave SA their only loss

Reign Man
    Reign Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    Easy schedule so far
    only team to beat San Antonio so far this year was Portland so give them some credit

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Quote Originally Posted by NYC_StudMuffin View Post
    Are you kidding me? This is an elite team ! They have 2 all stars on that team! Last time I checked , if you have 2 all stars on a solid team, you are not overachieving so stop with the hate . They are a easily a top 3 team in the west. Morons. Watch the game and examine it instead of talking out your stinkin asses
    Easily a top 3 team in the west? Lets not get carried away now. Thunder, Spurs, and Warriors would all beat them in a 7 game series and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Rustyglobes
    Rustyglobes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

They actually have a bench this year and not a power forward playing as the centre. They are very well balanced side that's for sure