Tim Duncan
    Tim Duncan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Free money?

Bovada has an NBA futures bet for MVP... LeBron is at 7/5. Is this not free money? What am I missing here? Injury risk? Dude is built like a tank. Voter fatigue? I mean, he was pretty much the first unanimous MVP ever. Tell me what I'm missing. I'm not a veteran of sports betting at all, but I do know quite a bit about the NBA and this seems like stealing it's such an easy bet.

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

no player has ever won three mvp's in a row. Yeah it is lebron but i think if durant can put up the kinds of numbers and performances he did last year and the thunder remain a top 2 team in the west he could get there

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by burkestar View Post
    no player has ever won three mvp's in a row. Yeah it is lebron but i think if durant can put up the kinds of numbers and performances he did last year and the thunder remain a top 2 team in the west he could get there
    Larry Bird won 3 in a row

Tim Duncan
    Tim Duncan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Larry Bird won 3 in a row
    Have you placed any NBA futures bets, rm18?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Pelicans to win the West pal.

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

My mistake how could I forget bird! Actually him wilt and Russell all achieved it but bird is the only one from the more modern era. I only thought as much cause this is what my bro told me when Nash missed out on a 3rd in a row, that they didn't want re-write the record books. Anyway I think Durant or even d rose could contest the MVP and surely are more deserving, in terms of value he makes that team what it is and carries them like a young clevelend LeBron did