Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please talk me out of playing the

Celtics +9.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll try Razz

The Celtics have already packed it in this year, and that team is way too banged up too boot.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I could try. Here goes:

Don't play the Celtics +9.
    Wait for +10 or better.

Try harder? Well, the Spurs did cruise tonight more or less, so the minutes were fairly light (though Duncan did log 37).

But I like the Celts as well.

Razz

Thanks guys.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks good Razz, I am on the Celts tonight myself.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm staying way off this game, GL to those of you taking Boston. But I think this line is just about right. If you're thinking about how San Antonio was terrible ATS for a few years on the second game of back-to-backs, that isn't the case this year. Their coach was aware of the problem and tried to make adjustments. San Antonio has not had problems at all this year beating crappy teams on the second of back-to-backs, even by this kind of margin. In Dec/Jan, they played 5 2nd of back-to-back games, all of them on the road. They beat Denver by 9, and blew out New Orleans twice and the Clippers once. They did lose one game to Minnesota outright. Even back in Nov, their 3 road second of back-to-backs resulted in wins by 9 and 12 (over Portland and the Knicks, 2 crappy teams), and an outright loss to Golden State (a team of similar caliber to Minnesota).

Yes Boston got Delonte West back, and may also have Szczerbiak back for this one as well. That helps, and the Boston youngsters are hungry, so if I had to bet a side, I guess I would take Boston, but I don't see value with them as an ATS pick.
    Last edited by The HG; 01-22-07 at 04:22 PM.

Razz

Strange game, but that's the norm in the NBA I guess. Unfortunately I made it a bare minimum play, but a win's a win.
    Thanks for all the responses, and congrats Illusion and Jay.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

That 4th quarter saved our butts, but like you said, a win is a win.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nice call...