Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Clippers to win the West +800

5dimes line.

First off, I am fully aware Vinny Del Negro is their coach.

But other than that, surely this team has enough of a chance (12%+) to win the West that +800 has value? I'd take them in a series against anyone except OKC.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

That's pretty good value. Chris Paul may be the best closer in the Western Conference. He is the ultimate team leader and decision maker. West is wide open. I could see Spurs, Thunder, Clipps, or Denver coming out of the West. And all of them have a pretty equal shot in my opinion.

koch & balls
    my nipples r so sensitive
    koch & balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 405

Memphis will knock them out in the 1st round sorry bud. Last year Randolph and gay were hurt this year Randolph is healthy and it will be a different story.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    That's pretty good value. Chris Paul may be the best closer in the Western Conference. He is the ultimate team leader and decision maker. West is wide open. I could see Spurs, Thunder, Clipps, or Denver coming out of the West. And all of them have a pretty equal shot in my opinion.
    He has buried me so many times this year. I hate him for that but begrudgingly respect him as well.

Agree on the first three but no way Denver comes out IMO. I'd even give Memphis a better chance.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by koch & balls View Post
    Memphis will knock them out in the 1st round sorry bud. Last year Randolph and gay were hurt this year Randolph is healthy and it will be a different story.
    Gay was hurt? Now he's not there at all lol.

I like this Memphis team (in fact last year I thought they would beat LAC easily, and if they hadn't collapsed like that in game 1 they probably would have) but if you're relying on Mike Conley to close games for you...

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    5dimes line.

First off, I am fully aware Vinny Del Negro is their coach.

But other than that, surely this team has enough of a chance (12%+) to win the West that +800 has value? I'd take them in a series against anyone except OKC.
    lol.. this is madness... and just who is going to beat the Lakers?!

c'mon (Lakers go all the way) easy

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    lol.. this is madness... and just who is going to beat the Lakers?!

c'mon (Lakers go all the way) easy
    OKC most likely. They have an easy schedule. If Spurs lose tonight in Denver OKC has #1 spot 90% wrapped up.

Aaron McCrevice
    Aaron McCrevice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

#4 seed they'll probably need to win 2 rounds on the road against better teams

do the math before you make this bet unless you like losing $$$

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron McCrevice View Post
    #4 seed they'll probably need to win 2 rounds on the road against better teams

do the math before you make this bet unless you like losing $$$
    Maybe even 3 without homecourt. As it stands memphis has homecourt due to a better record despite the Clippers having the #4 seed as division winners. Doesn't bother me but yes I maybe would get better odds by playing them in each individual round. Gotta think about this one. It also is not a foregone conclusion they will meet #1 and #2 seeds in conference semifinals and finals if they advance.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

I expect them to lose in the 1st round. Anytime this team faces adversity they cave.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    I expect them to lose in the 1st round. Anytime this team faces adversity they cave.
    Did they cave last year after giving back homecourt to Memphis? No they won a game 7 on the road. They got swept by the Spurs who were on an unbelievable roll and they were banged up. They had no shot.

If you're talking about caving in regular season games who cares about that. Means nothing.

Seto

FTR I despise this team. Would hate to root for them all playoffs long but if I think the value's there I'll bet it.

Aaron McCrevice
    Aaron McCrevice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

didn't mean to dissuade you

but given injuries to Parker, Lawson & Gallinari I still think you need at least 10:1 to breakeven

anybody know what the payoff on this bet was before the season?

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron McCrevice View Post
    didn't mean to dissuade you

but given injuries to Parker, Lawson & Gallinari I still think you need at least 10:1 to breakeven

anybody know what the payoff on this bet was before the season?
    I'm not worried about denver at all. I think they're frauds. If I make this bet would much rather lac play denver than memphis.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    That's pretty good value. Chris Paul may be the best closer in the Western Conference.
    Over Kobe and Durant? I love Chris Paul but he isn't near the closer those guys are.

I hear Denver hype every year and then they lose in the first round. I'm not a believer. They don't have someone to goto in the clutch.