BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Who's the NBA coach of the year? Mike Woodson, Mark Jackson, or George Karl?

To me these 3 guys have to be the front-runners for the award. And they are all deserving of it.

I'm going to go with a homer pick and say Woodson gets it. And I will be the first to admit I was wrong about this guy.
    I was irate when they gave him an extension without looking at anyone else. I remembered his tenure in Atlanta and wasn't impressed. He couldn't get those guys on the Hawks to show up every night. But I guess it may have just been impossible, as they are still the most unpredictable team in the NBA night in and night out.
    Woodson is about to get the Knicks to 50 wins, something they haven't done since the Ewing Era probably.
    The Knicks have had injuries all year long like any other team, but have only had the combination of Stoudemire,Chandler,Felton, and Melo on the court together for about 12 games maybe off the top of my head.
    I came into this season saying lets win 45 and try and get past the first round of the playoffs, and build on that for next year. But was I wrong? Can this team make a run at the Heat???

Mark Jackson and the Warriors have had an amazing year for a team that has pretty much been non-competitive since Baron Davis and even then they were barely what I would call successful. If I had to guess I'd say this team made the playoffs one time in the last 15 years? How long ago was Webber there?
    Anyways Jackson has some good young talent on the team obviously and has done a great job getting them to buy in and actualy believe they can win.
    He's got the NY swagger and an old school approach, and I think will be a good coach for many years to come.

George Karl is a guy who may sneak up and win this. Without a star on the team, This team has been on an unreal tear. They lost Iguadola for a while, then Gallinari missed some time, but really did anyone think this team could be the #2 or #3 seed in a pretty stacked Western Conference? How did they do it?

All 3 guys is deserving of the award and have done amazing jobs with their squads this year. I haven't researched too hard about who else can get it, I'm sure there are 3 or 4 others.
    Popovich? The Indiana guy (Drawing a blank on his name and don't wanna look it up lol)?

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Knicks suck ... George Karl or pop

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Not pop this yr
    gotta go with George, nuggets been hot literally all season

Mark Jackson had this completely locked up but they went through a pretty rough stretch I believe after the all star break. I still like what he's doing over there, but Karl gets my vote.

sploofdogg
    sploofdogg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1217

Lionel Hollins

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Not pop this yr
    gotta go with George, nuggets been hot literally all season

Mark Jackson had this completely locked up but they went through a pretty rough stretch I believe after the all star break. I still like what he's doing over there, but Karl gets my vote.
    Why not pop? I'm curious.

Pop or Karl. Vogel too should be in the conversation IMO.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Jackson or Karl would be my vote. The East is not good enough to give it Woodson.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Bulls coach you idiots. Look what that dude has did with injuries this year. George Karl lollllllll

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

+1 on George Karl

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Mike D'Antoni

No but for real, Karl should win it. The Nuggets are a perfect example of how a team should look and play, and he doesn't have any superstars to revolve a game plan around. Plus they won 13 or so games in a row at one point in the Western Conference, which is very impressive.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

They will likely give it to Spoelstra because of the winning streak

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    They will likely give it to Spoelstra because of the winning streak
    \

Lol yeah right. 0% chance for him to get it. That team doesn't even require a coach.

ZP3
    ZP3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Spoelstra wins it...100%

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

why Kar? denver has always been a play off team. dont know what have they done differently this year. for me, bulls coach because of no stars. When u have carmelo scoring 50, u dont need a coach.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Spoelstra doesn't even draw plays off of timeouts. Grind! Focus! lol.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Pop should win it every year IMO, it be nice to see Karl win it though

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

spolestra should get it everyone tries to run this guy out when they have a 2 game losing streak and everyone thought the guys wouldnt listen to him since he wasnt riley.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

vogel or thibs

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    Bulls coach you idiots. Look what that dude has did with injuries this year. George Karl lollllllll