mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Should the Celtics trade Rondo?

I don't completely agree with the thinking that the Celtics are a better team without Rondo, even though their record and stats say otherwise, but I think they are talented enough to trade Rondo for another star or a few solid guys. Avery Bradley is proving himself as a very solid player for Boston and he's young, too.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Rondo is the future. Everything thats working now wont be around in a few years. Look at Rondo's playoff numbers and how many triple doubles he has. If they trade him they better get a lot.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Rondo is the future. Everything thats working now wont be around in a few years. Look at Rondo's playoff numbers and how many triple doubles he has. If they trade him they better get a lot.
    I do think Rondo is a hell of a player, but guys like Bradley, Crawford, Jeff Green, and Brandon Bass are legitimate pieces for a potentionally great team. You can't necessarily build a team around all of these guys, but if they could get a star for Rondo, they would be scary.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

Why can't they keep Rondo?

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

I wouldn't try to build around him.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
    Why can't they keep Rondo?
    They can, I'm just saying look at what they are doing without him. They could take advantage of having Avery Bradley and Rondo's high value right now to get either a star player of a few solid pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    I wouldn't try to build around him.
    Who, Rondo?

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

As a Celtics fan, I would gladly trade him for an All-Star Center or big man. He's a prolific player, but still has not developed a legitimate jump shot, so our offense is stuck playing 4 on 5 with him in a set offense.

He'll get you triple doubles, but he commits a lot of TOs, and is a crazy player. A brilliant, crazy player.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by Erock87 View Post
    As a Celtics fan, I would gladly trade him for an All-Star Center or big man. He's a prolific player, but still has not developed a legitimate jump shot, so our offense is stuck playing 4 on 5 with him in a set offense.

He'll get you triple doubles, but he commits a lot of TOs, and is a crazy player. A brilliant, crazy player.
    I wouldn't say you guys are down 4 on 5 on offense with him in there because he can beat anybody in the NBA off the dribble. But I do agree that Boston needs a great center to take it to the next level. They are stocked-up on solid wing players right now.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Erock87 View Post

I cant think of many guys who couldnt shoot that suddenly over years of hard work got to the point they were consitenly very good shooters....maybe some of you guys are more hardcore basketball fans and can name me some....but as ive said before...there was a reason he was drafted where he was...if he could shoot like paul or deron he would have been a top 3 pick too.......everyone knew he couldnt shoot....the guy hoists, i dunno between games, practices, shootarounds, side shooting sessions, how many jump shots a year??? and he hasnt gotten better at it...he wont...stop waiting.....he is what he is...take him for face value instead of waiting/hoping hes going to develop a facet of his game that is never coming.....guys that could shoot could always shoot well

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

He can beat people off the dribble, but when we run a set offense, his defender is positioned 4-5 ft off of him, essentially collapsing 5 in the box because he hasn't shown he can consistently hit a jump shot.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post
    They can, I'm just saying look at what they are doing without him. They could take advantage of having Avery Bradley and Rondo's high value right now to get either a star player of a few solid pieces.

Who, Rondo?

Yes. They had their run with him and even won a championship, but unless they can get some high caliber players to play along side him I think they would be better off trying to get something for him.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Yes. They had their run with him and even won a championship, but unless they can get some high caliber players to play along side him I think they would be better off trying to get something for him.
    I completely agree.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    I cant think of many guys who couldnt shoot that suddenly over years of hard work got to the point they were consitenly very good shooters....maybe some of you guys are more hardcore basketball fans and can name me some....but as ive said before...there was a reason he was drafted where he was...if he could shoot like paul or deron he would have been a top 3 pick too.......everyone knew he couldnt shoot....the guy hoists, i dunno between games, practices, shootarounds, side shooting sessions, how many jump shots a year??? and he hasnt gotten better at it...he wont...stop waiting.....he is what he is...take him for face value instead of waiting/hoping hes going to develop a facet of his game that is never coming.....guys that could shoot could always shoot well
    only ones that come to mind are jason kidd and avery johnson

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    only ones that come to mind are jason kidd and avery johnson
    good examples...i just think its pretty rare...the guys with great strokes like the curry family...reggie....the pure shooters have always had it.....i have a good friend who i used to play alot of pickup ball with....kid was a pretty good player...but he was very unathletic....didnt give good effort on d cause he couldnt really guard anyone and kind of knew it....but he was a fuckin deadly shooter(he used to go to basketball camps with vin baker and some other big name guys and these guys loved him...his name is scott and they would call him scotty brooks)....just always had a great shot.....

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Rondo is a much better player than a Curry -- not even really close. If they can get a top 15 player for Rondo then maybe trade him, yeah. Otherwise I wouldn't.

Getting rid of Allen and picking up Terry was one of the worst moves I've ever seen. Jason Terry is worthless at this point in his career.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Problem is they're not likely to get much value out of him, especially with the knee injury. Even if he recovers a 100% which certainly is a big "if", he's still not a great shooter and is TO prone.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Rondo is a much better player than a Curry -- not even really close. If they can get a top 15 player for Rondo then maybe trade him, yeah. Otherwise I wouldn't.

Getting rid of Allen and picking up Terry was one of the worst moves I've ever seen. Jason Terry is worthless at this point in his career.
    i dunno if they got rid of allen(another example of a great natural shooter) as much as allen had beef with rondo and kg to some extent and wanted to go play with the heat.....

and i was never comparing rondo to curry in terms of value...just saying...most guys that can shoot have always been able to

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

If they could get a big guy for Rondo wouldn't be a bad trade, but a young big guy.. but I don't see him going anywhere.

Goat Milk

i dunno if they got rid of allen(another example of a great natural shooter) as much as allen had beef with rondo and kg to some extent and wanted to go play with the heat.....

and i was never comparing rondo to curry in terms of value...just saying...most guys that can shoot have always been able to
    yeah, you're right, there was something wrong with allen and rondo. they were always arguing. rondo seems like a pretty annoying teammate to be honest.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Rondo would have stared down the heat tonight, and celtics would have won that game. Rondo would have put up a 19/15/12 triple double tonight and stole at least 6 passes and defended chalmers better than bradly.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Tony Parker's jump shot sucked and he worked on it and now has one of the best mid range games in the NBA ... If not the best .. So for all u ppl counting rondo out about him not developing a shot u dont understand basketball i guess .. These are professional players i think they could always develop a new part of a game

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Tony Parker's jump shot sucked and he worked on it and now has one of the best mid range games in the NBA ... If not the best .. So for all u ppl counting rondo out about him not developing a shot u dont understand basketball i guess .. These are professional players i think they could always develop a new part of a game
    maybe i dont understand it...im just sayin....how many shootarounds, games, practices, side shooting sessions, has he been involved in since he went to kentucky...hell even before that....the guy has been playing ball for years....i just think if he had the capacity to shoot well he would have found it by now......are you saying hes just lazy and doesnt care? that he has his style and isnt going to change it? youd think hed love to add a jump shot to his arsenal...his potential would be limitless......

Goat Milk

rondo will never develop a consistent jumper. never. it's all mental. dwayne wade never had a jumper. the guy is probably the 4th best shooting guard in nba history.

You mad bro

maybe i dont understand it...im just sayin....how many shootarounds, games, practices, side shooting sessions, has he been involved in since he went to kentucky...hell even before that....the guy has been playing ball for years....i just think if he had the capacity to shoot well he would have found it by now......are you saying hes just lazy and doesnt care? that he has his style and isnt going to change it? youd think hed love to add a jump shot to his arsenal...his potential would be limitless......

It took tony Parker a while also and hes one of the best point guards in the NBA .. Chris Paul developed a 3 point shot which he never really had .. It could happen

You mad bro

rondo will never develop a consistent jumper. never. it's all mental. dwayne wade never had a jumper. the guy is probably the 4th best shooting guard in nba history.
    Wade 4th best sg in NBA history? Lmfao wow

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Unless Boston is getting back CP or Kyrie only a moron would swap Rondo. He is young, relatively cheap contract and has been the best player in playoff series'.

Just a typical Boston media headline to run off a great player.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    It took tony Parker a while also and hes one of the best point guards in the NBA .. Chris Paul developed a 3 point shot which he never really had .. It could happen
    I doubt Parker was as bad as rondo shooting the ball. Rondo has been in the nba 6 years. He still can't hit a jumper consistently. Also can't hit a FT either. A free throw shud not be something an NBA pg shud be deficient at.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I doubt he would ever be a really good jump shooter but can still create and drive to the basket and should be able to do that a few more years

mcduggly

This post makes zero sense to me.

jontebond
    jontebond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6770

Rondo is a useless clown, trade him for a T-shirt.

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Hes got a bad attitude... Ship him off to some shitty ass team. That's where he deserves to play

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Dont be surprised if he becomes a Laker eventually...

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Dont be surprised if he becomes a Laker eventually...

He is flashy enough to be a Laker. The best point in Lakerland since Magic if it happens.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post
    This post makes zero sense to me.

Ignore him ..he is a moron

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

rondo kind of a loner and a head case. not that popular with the other players. could they possibly get the smalller ty lawson for him? maybe if they throw in an expiring contract. lawson would be a great fit in boston.

12 Last