SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Nuggets +3 at Wizards

Nuggets +3 at Wizards

Game Time: 12/13/2006 7:00:00 PM

By: Marc Lawrence
    Marc Lawrence's Playbook: Free and Guaranteed Picks

The Denver Nuggets and the points are the best play tonight when they travel to the Verizon Center to face the Washington Wizards.

The Nuggets journey into the nation's capital knowing they are 6-1 straight up and against the spread in this series and 9-2 versus the numbers in their last 11 games on this court.

Denver, 12-7 on the season and 6-3 away from the Mile High City, is 1-1 on their current 5-game road trip and coming off a 100-87 win in Atlanta last night. Carmelo Anthony scored 26 to lead the Nuggets in that win while Marcus Camby dragged down 17 rebounds as Denver opened up a close game with a 29-17 edge in the final quarter.

Washington is 9-11 overall and won two games on the road in impressive double-digit fashion at the Knicks and Sixers last week before dropping a 114-109 contest at home to Houston on Saturday. Gilbert Arenas, the team's leading scorer at 27.8 per game on the season, has been hot lately averaging over 37 per game in the last four.

We'll grab the points with the better team here tonight and take Denver.

Play: Nuggets +3

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too like the Nuggets tonight. However, I feel playing the ML the better way to play this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Wizards tonight. Washington is a completely different team at home compared to the road.