sav10rself
    sav10rself's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Is the NBA really fixed?

Please forgive me, I'm new here. But ever since I've started betting and lurking these forums I believe it more and more. It would make complete sense - just like the WWE has their big name heroes to bring in the big money, David Stern would do the same. But, I want to know everyone's opinions on the matter, like how the fixes work...refs and players in on it? I dunno, maybe I'm going crazy, I'd like to hear arguments for both sides...

jubjub
    jubjub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

NO. It most definitely is not. Or at least not on a daily basis like some guys on here will have you believe. Just a copout excuse used by bitter gamblers after many a bad beat. Don't be a sheep, make up your own mind. We all see the same games, it's just a matter of your own interpretation. I see and bet on just as much nba as the average joe on here, i'm yet to witness a fix. Crazy shit happens in basketball. Deal with it.

sav10rself

True. Glad to see someone on the other side of things. Although I have lost some pretty painful/close bets over the past couple weeks, as a huge fan of the game I really don't want to believe my favorite sport is rigged..

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

In one word: yes. In three words: yes it is.

Kira
    Just as planned
    Kira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

there's no fix in NBA. I bet you love to donate money to your bookies.

and Miami Heats are the cleanest team in NBA

sav10rself

I'm up about $300 in the two weeks I've been betting, don't know where you got that from. and I don't understand the sarcasm (?) in your second remark.

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some days it's the nba some does its college... If the World Cup, the biggest sport spectacle in the world, was being fixed, how would the us sports not be fixed? Not ALL games are fixed tho

baldur
    baldur's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm sick of these kind of threads. what answer would you like to hear?

rookie1001
    rookie1001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

IMO, I think Las Vegas has some actions toward the result of all sports, especially when those game with live bet available. It is true that the percent of game being rigged is really small but most of the time it happens in the game with the most money involve in it (for example SuperBowl and live bet games).

sav10rself

Quote Originally Posted by baldur View Post
    i'm sick of these kind of threads. what answer would you like to hear?
    I want to hear people's honest opinions. Maybe you would be more helpful by actually contributing instead of adding a useless grumpy comment.

rookie1001
    rookie1001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

One more thing I forgot to mention! Did u guys see what happens during the SuperBowl game? Power down during the game? Are u serious? They had been prepared for SuperBowl the whole year and it happened in the game day???

baldur

Quote Originally Posted by sav10rself View Post
    I want to hear people's honest opinions. Maybe you would be more helpful by actually contributing instead of adding a useless grumpy comment.
    then, my thought is close to no.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

If the players were in on it don't u think @ some point in time one of them would have come clean & went to the media about the whole scheme?? Of course eventually one of them would. Yet, it's never happened. Yes there is an occasional fix in but to think the whole league is involved on a nightly basis is so retarded its unfathomable. If the whole league was in on it how much do u think it would cost to pay everybody off?? You're talking about some players that make upwards of 20m per & that's just one player. You have to pay off 24 players per game + coaches plus officials plus upper management + the league. What do you think, Stern has a bookie that takes 20-30 million dollar bets on every game & gets beat on every game every single night?? Stern pounds the bookies for a couple hundred million a night then pays every body off. And the bookie just keeps taking his action & forks over 200-300m per night??

Anybody that thinks the NBA is rigged on a nightly basis by all parties involved is beyond stupid.

baldur

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    If the players were in on it don't u think @ some point in time one of them would have come clean & went to the media about the whole scheme?? Of course eventually one of them would. Yet, it's never happened. Yes there is an occasional fix in but to think the whole league is involved on a nightly basis is so retarded its unfathomable. If the whole league was in on it how much do u think it would cost to pay everybody off?? You're talking about some players that make upwards of 20m per & that's just one player. You have to pay off 24 players per game + coaches plus officials plus upper management + the league. What do you think, Stern has a bookie that takes 20-30 million dollar bets on every game & gets beat on every game every single night?? Stern pounds the bookies for a couple hundred million a night then pays every body off. And the bookie just keeps taking his action & forks over 200-300m per night??
    Anybody that thinks the NBA is rigged on a nightly basis by all parties involved is beyond stupid.
    this is the penetrating most logical comment i have ever read in sbr.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3388

The draft lottery Maybe. The games NO. There may be an exception to that, but overall it is what it is. On any given night team A can beat Team B.

Blinky Bill
    Blinky Bill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only degenerates claim the NBA is fixed.

Butterface
    Butterface's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

Idk man, European soccer is doing an investigation on games being fixed as we speak..wouldn't be surprised if the NBA was fixed

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

NBA is a scam, superstars play by their own rules, and homecourt advantage is ridiculous.. It's AMAZING what gets called for some of these hometeams, and it's a nightly thing..

NBA players and coaches get FINED for complaining about bogus officials! That's gotta say something right there

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Even before I read Tim Donagy's book I believed certain playoff games were fixed.

2002 Western Conference Finals Lakers vs Kings (MVP = refs). Stern sent orders to send the series to 7 games.
    2006 NBA finals. From my own home, I was called for several flagrant fouls, blocking fouls, and handcheck fouls for looking at my television while Wade had the ball. This was the most blatant sports fixing I had ever seen. Worse than the tuck rule, worse than the 2006 Steelers vs Seahawks Super Bowl, worse than anything, EVER. Bennett Salvatore should NEVER referee an NBA game after his two games of reffing this series.

2013 NCAA Alabama vs Notre Dame...the refs didn't do anything to help Notre Dame stay in the game!!! FIXED!!!

FIXED WORLD EVENTS- Every war, the creation of every fake religion, the death of every significant musician or political leader with any love/peace in their soul (JFK, Princess Diana, MLK, Malcolm X, etc..., 9/11, sinking of the Maine, Sandy Hook, Aurora, etc...

chevy6
    chevy6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

man ur crazy bama was 100000000% better than nd your a biggggg dummmmyyy

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

ppl like you are the reason the NBA continues to get away with fixing gms smh...the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    ppl like you are the reason the NBA continues to get away with fixing gms smh...the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist
    god and the devil only exist in your head. go see a dr if you believe in fairy tales and chronicles of narnia bullshit.

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

So, if ur getting paid that much money n ur boss says lose this game, u wouldn't do it? They don't get paid extra for it, they just get to continue to have a paycheck

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

There is no way someone is telling MJ, Kobe or LBJ to lose games and then they're doing it just to 'continue' to get paid. Complete nonsense. These guys are too competitive to have that happen.