Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Raptors get no respect, and I'm sick and f'n tired of it

Anyone who watched the game knows exactly what I'm talking about. Amir Johnson gets absolutely raped on a putback with 2 seconds left.......and no call is made. Absolutely raped!

I recall a game 2 weeks ago in Philly, up 2 with 5 seconds, Jose Calderon inbounds, and a Raptor (can't remember who) gets pushed two hands to his back as the pass was in the air, and the ball goes out of bounds, NO CALL. Of course Philly hits a layup, and then wins in OT.

2 days earlier against Chicago.....down 2 in OT, Amir Johnson drives down the lane and gets hacked by Noah with less then 2 seconds to go. Refs call the foul, but say the thing was on the floor. After the game being reported by a Toronto broadcast, Noah says "ya, I definately got away with one there".

The refs own way too much control in this league, and can change the outcome of games, as they have for the Raptors in the 3 mentioned games in a 2 week stretch.

Im absolutely sick of it. If these plays involved Durant, Westbrook, Lebron, Kobe, etc. etc. etc. the right call would have been made.

Regul8er
    Wordd

If you missed last night, check it out at the end of the video!

http://www.nba.com/games/20130130/TORATL/gameinfo.html

Regul8er
    Wordd

It was actually Derozan, not Amir last night at the end who got mugged. Derozan deserves a little bit of respect.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

I agree.

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

its honestly reaching absurd levels. You cannot bet raptors ML with this sort of shit going on.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

If you are a raptors fan then you should well know that they are always folding in the fourth. I agree that they should have got the call but maybe the refs just assume what's going to happen down the stretch. Same mentality as Jeter taking strike 3 on the corner and the umpire doesn't call it vs a rookie that gets sat down. Respect has to be earned.
    Last edited by innovation; 01-31-13 at 08:57 AM.

Regul8er
    Wordd

It makes me sick to my stomach. You fight and claw for 48 minutes, and the game comes down to the officials not making an obvious call.
    Im almost to the point where I'm going to stop watching and supporting this league.

Regul8er
    Wordd

innovation.....I think Derozan is at the point where he deserves a little bit of respect in this league.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Did you bet em ml? Or a fan?

Derozan is known for bein a dunker, not a player.

Lowry and Gay should get some respect.

Toronto needs legitimate big men, like Aaron gray? His ass blew at Pitt.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Im a fan........a fellow Torontonian.
    Unfortunately I've been watching this for 15 years. When we are in the game down the stretch, I know it's going to take a miraculous effort, because generally we are going against both the opponent and the officials. I hate being that guy, but I've seen it too many times now.

Say what you want, but Derozan is slowly becoming a star in this league. He's becoming a very productive player as his numbrs are all improving year after year. Here's a guy scoring over 17 point per game, bringing down 4.3 boards and 2.2 assists. Also shoots 82% from charity stripe. He deserves more respect then Lowry in my opinion.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Message to the OP:

Can I splurge a nut in your inner ear?

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Losers blame officials

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

I agree yesterday was just one of those days that dog hunters wish they taken the day off. You see these kind of days every now and then.

I am just saying it obviously wasn't suppose to happen. Pacers at Nuggets had same scenario they got mauled and no call yet with half a second left the refs call a foul on the inbounds in favor of Nuggets 102-101. I lost my shorts and was pissy for a day. lol

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

raptors covered, nothing to see here

Regul8er
    Wordd

All I ask for is consistency. Obviously it does, but it shouldnt matter what name is on your back.

Even when Bosh started turning into a star, he couldnt get a call down the stretch of games....he used to openly talk about it. I bet he gets the calls now in Miami.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Losers blame officials
    Sure. But then why is NBA keep sending apologies to Raptors for their officials blowing the calls? Not just any calls, but game winning plays in the 4th quarter?
    I know this is a star driven league, and Lebron or Durant gets that call 10/10 times. But at least some sort of consistency would be good. Getting an apology from the league is nice, but it doesn’t alter the result. A loss is a loss.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You want to come to the Highlight Factory and get calls? LOL
    Last edited by pavyracer; 01-31-13 at 12:37 PM.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Anyone who watched the game knows exactly what I'm talking about. Amir Johnson gets absolutely raped on a putback with 2 seconds left.......and no call is made. Absolutely raped!

I recall a game 2 weeks ago in Philly, up 2 with 5 seconds, Jose Calderon inbounds, and a Raptor (can't remember who) gets pushed two hands to his back as the pass was in the air, and the ball goes out of bounds, NO CALL. Of course Philly hits a layup, and then wins in OT.

2 days earlier against Chicago.....down 2 in OT, Amir Johnson drives down the lane and gets hacked by Noah with less then 2 seconds to go. Refs call the foul, but say the thing was on the floor. After the game being reported by a Toronto broadcast, Noah says "ya, I definately got away with one there".

The refs own way too much control in this league, and can change the outcome of games, as they have for the Raptors in the 3 mentioned games in a 2 week stretch.

Im absolutely sick of it. If these plays involved Durant, Westbrook, Lebron, Kobe, etc. etc. etc. the right call would have been made.
    agreed. that's why i never bet on basketball. too fukking based on ref's foul calls and discretion. hockey's been equally as pathetic early on with penguins having the same record apparently as the leafs.

football is the only consistent year to year.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

The NBA is fixed, and this just proves it even more.

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

You see, from fellow torontonian to torontonian, the raps aren't worth the money, time, energy, or bets placed on them. I went to a game last week and seriously the shit they pull feels like a slap in the face as a fan.

I don't like this team and fukk em if they're not getting the calls anymore. Maybe its time they fold completely, become WORSE than charlotte (they're not far off) and pull a bluejay's move in the offseason.

Buckeye
    Buckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9997

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Toronto will never matter in the scheme of things for NBA purposes!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Buckeye.....your bearing news that I dont already know.

I'm a hopeless fan, as much as I hate the franchise, management, etc the patriotic side of me will always root for them.
    Just like I've been for the Blue Jays over the last 20 years. I'm glad management finally decided to make an efort to brining a winner north of the border.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

unbelievable non-call...

even nba video went over it 10 times..

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

They need to bring back Vince Carter to legitimize their brand name as a team. One last hoo-rah.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

was a blatant foul. refs are dicks.

Buckeye
    Buckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9997

I appreciate your enthusiasm as a Cleveland fan!

Regul8er
    Wordd

The Raptors received a 3rd apology from the NBA office.
    Just curious how often these get issued? 3 in half a season seems like WAYYYYY too many.

Giogeorge
    Giogeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

Raptors and hornets covering machines love all the extra points they get

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

because the raptors are a shitty team .. dont even deserve to be in the NBA

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks for your contributions to the thread Youmadbro.