Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seatle ML

Seatle +280

Who's with me on this? I think the books will make a kill tonight. The unsuspecting betting public will pound Pho RL, Pho ML and Over, out of which only Over might cash, if at ll.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

I don't know, with 3 key starters out for Seattle they could have trouble keeping up with Phoenix. And Phoenix has something to play for - the best record and home court over Indiana if they meet in the Finals.

Wilforth
    Update your status

It's even good that Seatle has 3 starters out. That'll increase public confidence on Pho. Just watch what will happen tonight. Those replacing the starters will put in 150% effort. Just watch.

RoagBettor

I'm not on the game, so if you're playing Seattle I hope you hit it. Your analysis is sound, there usually aren't any free chicken dinners!

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I think you are onto something. Just like last night Minnesota was missing their key player last night. Noone wanted to bet on them cause she was not playing. Well you are right some teams play better when their star player is out, other players have a time to shine!

jasont
    jasont's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Wait until tipoff, we should get a great line on Seattle tonight.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jasont View Post
    Wait until tipoff, we should get a great line on Seattle tonight.
    Thanks very much. I'm thinking same too. The public may drive the spread to 9 by tipoff.

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Wow bold pick Wilforth. All 3 all-stars are out for Seattle. Seattle struggled with the Lynx. Phoenix is fighting for 1st place. I think Phoenix will definately get it done tonight.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SportsTerminator View Post
    Wow bold pick Wilforth. All 3 all-stars are out for Seattle. Seattle struggled with the Lynx. Phoenix is fighting for 1st place. I think Phoenix will definately get it done tonight.
    That's exactly what the books want us to think. Some of the things we think don't matter to the players. In the NBA, the Lakers also wanted first place when they kept losing here and there. Tonight, I see a game that'll go in this fashion:

1) Pho lose the 1H by about 5 points in a low-scoring affair
    2) The books set a 2H line of about Pho -6 and a 2H total of about 88
    3) The whole world pounds Pho ATS 2H and Over 88
    4) Pho still trail at the end of the 3Q and goes on to lose.

In the end, these bets will end up as losing bets:

Pho -7
    Pho -4 1H
    Pho ATS 2H
    2H Over 88
    Pho/Sea OVER 172

Wilforth
    Update your status

The line is beginning to move. The spread is now at 7.5 with Sea ML @ +290. People have begun falling into the trap. We'll be able to get Sea +320 at tipoff.

RoagBettor

I don't see it, but good luck. Once again, Phoenix is battling Indiana for the best record. They can blow Seattle out even if the Storm were at full strength. And Seattle has played like crap without Jackson, now take out Bird and they're worse than the Monarchs.

RoagBettor

Phoenix leads the season series against the Storm 2-1, and the Mercury already won 101-90 in overtime at Seattle on Aug. 4. The Storm had their three stars healthy in that game, but they couldn't keep up with Phoenix in the extra session, when Penny Taylor scored seven of her 18 points in her second game back from ankle surgery.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Another thing to consider is that Seattle's best bench player Geralds is out and the starters all played heavy minutes this year. Agler has stated that the starters would be rested the next two games, which means heavy minutes for newly aquired players A'Quonesia Franklin and La'Tangela Atkinson to go along with Suzy Batkovic, Ashley Walker and Ashley Robinson who were not even good enough to get five minutes per game. Could be wrong but I think Phoenix get's it done.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    Phoenix leads the season series against the Storm 2-1, and the Mercury already won 101-90 in overtime at Seattle on Aug. 4. The Storm had their three stars healthy in that game, but they couldn't keep up with Phoenix in the extra session, when Penny Taylor scored seven of her 18 points in her second game back from ankle surgery.

We said something similar the day the Celtics played in Portland. Remember Portland played without Roy and the whole world went crazy on the Celtics. People pounded Celtics ML from -170 to -240.
    Ok, recall what the Rockets did to the Lakers without Yao? Let me give you the full results of tonight's game:

Sea ML
    Pho/Sea UNDER 172.5
    Sea +4 1H
    Sea + points 2H

We see these things everyday!

Indiana will lose in Chicago to neutralize the anticipated Phoenix loss. Then they'll start all over again from there.

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

In the NBA, role players will usually step up when one of the star players is out, but the WNBA is a different story, the talent gap between role and star players is just too much.

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you think Seattle will win this: Why you don't just only wager HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY on Seattle +7,5 ?
    7,5 points of insurance looks great, doesn't it?

RoagBettor

Quote Originally Posted by scholesy View Post
    In the NBA, role players will usually step up when one of the star players is out, but the WNBA is a different story, the talent gap between role and star players is just too much.
    Bingo. That is a very prolific comment.