t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Are the Grizzlies on the verge of falling apart?

3 straight embarrassing losses... Rudy Gay trade rumors (god only knows why)... Team has drastically cooled off since a great start.

Still a very good record but there's something wrong with this team. I have no idea why they would dangle Rudy Gay as trade bait. They have no one else on the team that can create his own shot.

This team was on the rise after their playoff run in '11. Haven't been the same team since however.

Are the Grizz about to collapse?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

maybe good time to start fading them! but alas, i keep NBA betting to a minimum

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Guess they are still a 6th to 8th seed team.

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

They have had a rough schedule the last two weeks...I think they'll be fine.

davopnz
    davopnz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

have been fading them since they scored 2 points in the paint in the 2nd half against philly at home.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Gay rumor got to be hurting team chemistry. Plus he's a big part of their offense.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I have no idea why they would dangle Rudy Gay as trade bait.
    Do you really think they can afford to sign him after this year?

I don't think their owner wants to spend the money.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Love to see Gay in a bulls uniform. Been begging for the Bulls to grab him or Batum

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Look at it this way.

They lost mayo and vasquez both huge guys off the bench last year. and replaced them with who? ellington and bayless? no chance. remember when I kept saying even when they had best record in the nba they're not the same team. they don't have the offensive punch.

Trade Gay? This team will completely collapse. Like you say they have no one that can create their own offense on this team on the perimeter except for Gay. Tony Allen and Connoley can't get shots off in the 4th quarter. Gay can create his shot at any time, even against a double team. There is no replacement for a guy like that, especially in the playoffs where you need at least 1 guy on your team that can play 1 on 1. Randolph can do that obviously but take out Gay and you're done in the first round unless you get a houston type matchup.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    Love to see Gay in a bulls uniform. Been begging for the Bulls to grab him or Batum
    and what they're gonna trade luol Deng? no chance. Gay can't play the 2 guard and neither can Deng.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

Quote Originally Posted by davopnz View Post
    have been fading them since they scored 2 points in the paint in the 2nd half against philly at home.
    sharp

t-wizzle

Randolph is not that good. Grizzlies would be foolish to think they can build around him. Randolph will be useless in a year or 2.

goldengreek

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Randolph is not that good. Grizzlies would be foolish to think they can build around him. Randolph will be useless in a year or 2.
    Randolph is a beast and a legit 22/ 12 guy..
    I agree he is about to start the downside of his carrer...BUT he is currently a top 5 Power forward and an ALL -STAR

goldengreek

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    and what they're gonna trade luol Deng? no chance. Gay can't play the 2 guard and neither can Deng.
    Either guy can play the 2 guard...Deng can play D agaisnt any 2 guard
    Last edited by goldengreek; 01-16-13 at 11:31 PM.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    Randolph is a beast and a legit 22/ 12 guy..
    I agree he is about to start the downside of his carrer...BUT he is currently a top 5 Power forward and an ALL -STAR
    Greek get a clue man. He's not that good anymore. Numbers are still good but watch the games. Nothing about his game scares me. He's in his 30s now anyway and coming off a major knee injury last year. He is not an all-star.

Aldridge, Lee, Bosh, Love, Jefferson, Duncan, Griffin (unfortunately), Horford, Josh Smith. All guys who are better than Z-bo.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Memphis' bench is complete garbage. Besides the starters they have no reliable scoring