Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14745

N.B.A. Picks Jan 14th 2013

Washington -2
    When I saw the lowly Raptors beat the Magic by 35 I decided that I would bet against Orlando for a while.
    I didn't make much because in spite of losing nearly every game after that Orlando has still managed to cover in their losses. In fact they have covered their last 3 spreads vs. Portland, Denver & The Clips. Orlando isn't being given nearly as many points tonight so I expect them to lose by double digits.

Charlotte +11
    This is the 1st time this season The Celtics have been asked to cover this type of spread. I can't see Boston running away with this one. They have a hard time covering 4-5 point spreads when they win.

Clips/Grizz under 181
    Simply because the majority of the Grizz games are under I am going with this unusually low under.
    When these two teams have played each other over the past 4 years the total is under more often than over.
    Memphis
    • Under is 6-1 in Grizzlies last 7 games following a S.U. loss.
    • Under is 9-2-1 in Grizzlies last 12 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
    • Under is 4-1 in Grizzlies last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
    • Under is 4-1 in Grizzlies last 5 Monday games.
    • Under is 8-2 in Grizzlies last 10 games following a ATS loss.
    • Under is 6-2 in Grizzlies last 8 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
    • Under is 9-3 in Grizzlies last 12 home games.
    • Under is 19-7-1 in Grizzlies last 27 overall.
    • Under is 8-3-1 in Grizzlies last 12 vs. Western Conference.

T-Wolves +6.5
    I've just never seen the Mavs play this badly this early in the season before. I like the T-Wolves money line too but, only for minimal units.

OKC-5.5
    I'm used to seeing the Suns get 9-10 points when playing real teams.
    I know they're on the road but the Thunder will have no problem dealing with Phx tonight. OKC has only lost one of their last five road games and I doubt they lose a second in Phx.

The Heat -2.5
    This would be my lock of the night, so likely this is the game I will get wrong!!!
    I think that the heat have been struggling lately but this Utah team has only been able to beat the worst teams in the league.

• Jazz are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
    • Heat are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 vs. NBA Northwest.

Good luck tonight.

I am playing with loonies. Hope you make cash tonight.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Given that this is the first LARGE spread this season for boston, it probably will hit......books trying to scare people into taking charlotte.

Bobcats just got slapped by TORONTO the other night....why is Charlotte worth anything. I know last time charlotte was a +11 was against Chicago i believe and they won SU....i've been analyzing today's games for about 2 minutes so take me with a grain of salt, for now.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14745

Didnt matter, the linemakers were all over that spread.
    As usual.

3-2-1.
    Not too good.