Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

So I'm Watching The Pistons-Bobcats Game Tonight.....

.....and I can't help but notice that the Pistons have some pretty decent players on their team. I would think that this should be a playoff team in the Eastern Conference without much of a problem. Am I overvaluing some of these guys, do they have lousy coaching, bad chemistry, etc.?

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

monroe is a damn good player. Nobody else really sticks out

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Jerebko has his moments.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

They only have a couple good players.

Management has been lacking ever since the prior owner, Bill Davidson, became sick. Things have not improved since the team was sold.

Players don't respect the coach.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Too raw. But Andre Drummond is kind of promising.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Im a piston fan we need coaching and a damn player outside of monroe who get shit done if we had a jrue holiday or monta elis or james harden the MFer we shouldve traded for we would be the 3rd best team in the east

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

and it makes me sick cause that was our problem last decade we had to many great good players that played great together and not 1 superstar thats why we only got 1 ring and went to 6 straight eastern confrence finals dumb ass joe dumars is trying to re-create that but its not gonna work the pistons need a superstar who can carry the team point blank period enuff with this team shit that doesnt work in the nba THE 04 PISTONS WERE THE ONLY TEAM EVER TO WIN WITHOUT A STAR...IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN JOE DUMARS U DUMB MUTHA F#CKER

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    and it makes me sick cause that was our problem last decade we had to many great good players that played great together and not 1 superstar thats why we only got 1 ring and went to 6 straight eastern confrence finals dumb ass joe dumars is trying to re-create that but its not gonna work the pistons need a superstar who can carry the team point blank period enuff with this team shit that doesnt work in the nba THE 04 PISTONS WERE THE ONLY TEAM EVER TO WIN WITHOUT A STAR...IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN JOE DUMARS U DUMB MUTHA F#CKER
    U do realize no superstar wants to play in Detroit right? Therefore they can only be obtained thru draft or trades - Dumars is trying to do this but it's not easy esp when the team was frozen for the past 2 years with ownership sale - Drummond has real potential, the rest of the team is pretty much role players including Monroe

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

ok slow down a lttle bit your right about everything u said except monroe being a roles player he's a star in this league put him on bos or mia or la instead of gasol and he would be the reason they won a ring i mean how many big men besides lebron can get 20pts 10rebs and 7ast monroe already has a triple double this year and comes close to 1 every other night he plays center and Fn takes the ball up the court and runs the damn off at times in the gm i mean wtf kind of shit is that he's a great player who i hate to see leave but he is and he's gonna be a superstar on a contender

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    ok slow down a lttle bit your right about everything u said except monroe being a roles player he's a star in this league put him on bos or mia or la instead of gasol and he would be the reason they won a ring i mean how many big men besides lebron can get 20pts 10rebs and 7ast monroe already has a triple double this year and comes close to 1 every other night he plays center and Fn takes the ball up the court and runs the damn off at times in the gm i mean wtf kind of shit is that he's a great player who i hate to see leave but he is and he's gonna be a superstar on a contender
    I just think he puts up numbers b/c he's the best player on a bad team - he's like a 3rd option a good team kinda like bosh in Miami IMO - but that justs me...

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL. You were watching the Pistons/Charlotte game!!! LMAO.

What a kidder.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Worst coach in the NBA. Hands down. Bar none.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by nammertl View Post
    LOL. You were watching the Pistons/Charlotte game!!! LMAO.

What a kidder.
    It was actually a pretty entertaining ball game. I had it on as a buffer before the Suns-Grizzlies game. Never made it to the 2nd game.