MakinItHappen
    MakinItHappen's Avatar Become A Pro!

MakinItHappen's NBA Picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brief intro I'm a tennis bloke, my speciality lays there having competed @ a fairly high level, but I've recently gotten into Basketball and have discovered I'm not too bad @ reading match-ups in the NBA.

I'm going to start recording my calls to jus see how I do and I'll do this using thorough analysis, both technical and psychological. All feedback is welcome.

PS: Will be setting up my tennis selections thread in the new season.
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-19-12 at 02:36 AM.

MakinItHappen

The Golden State Warriors are one of the most under-rated teams in the NBA and additionally one of the most dangerous. Efficiency is what essentially wins basketball matches and that is what this side excel in. A well oiled and well drilled unit, they play with a system in-place that means they get the points over a consistent basis in a method that has proven to be consistent and reliable. It may not look pretty but they are a team who are not dependent on one or two player's and that makes them difficult to overcome. Certainly a team that will not beat themselves or be their own worst enemy. That's the sort of team they have in-place this season.

The bobcats are a decent side @ home but nothing spectacular, they are a very erratic side throughout matches, they're on a 7 game losing streaks which in they've conceded an average of 110 points and even prior to their defeats they've been a team struggling to limit opposition to under 95 points.

Golden State Warrior @ Charlottes Bobcats

Golden State Warriors Match Result @ 1.61 with MarathonBet (3 units)
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-10-12 at 04:43 PM.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5457

Why not just take the spread?

MakinItHappen

Great start.

MakinItHappen

Net's are a solid team @ home but they lack that cutting edge to overcome a side with the broad class Knicks have and with the momentum the Knicks have going ATM, it's hard to see them letting up anytime soon. With their eyes firmly on NBA Championship glory they are intent on keeping this run going as long as they can.

Net's struggled to score against a resolute Bucks defence with one of their main guys, William, showing a distinct lack of form and confidence.

Knicks have scorers everywhere and they also have the star men to produce that spark in tight moments.

Knicks @ Nets - Knicks ML @ 1.91 with Bwin (3 units)

MakinItHappen

2/2

MakinItHappen

Not quite understanding why the spread here would be in the relative favour of Philadelphia here. Bulls are a more talented side with more player's who can go on hot streaks and they operate better as a unit. The 76ers have shown their vulnerabilities @ home and any side with a decent attack can get to them, they can go through patches @ home where they struggle to get points predominantly because of the pressure their player's feel from the crowd.

Bulls more talented, experienced and with the bigger momentum should take the win here, but I'm taking the + spread as it leaves a little margin for error.

Bulls @ 76ers - Bulls +3 @ 1.9 with Paddy Power (3 units)

Golden State Warriors are get severely under-rated here, severely! The pretty style and aray of talent the heat have is there to be seen but they have been making a full blown 5 course meal of lesser teams than Golden State and they will pushed every bit of the way here.

Curry is on fire, knocking off 3's left, right and center. Golden State are also a big side and with the lack of 3 points heat score it's not going to be straight forward for them to continuously notch of 2's and if they're struggling they might jus need a couple.

Golden State Warriors @ Miami Heat - Golden State Warriors +8.5 @ 1.9 with Paddy Power (3 units)

MakinItHappen

Cavs have Irving back, which will not only help them contributively on a points scale but also as an overall moral team boosting scale. The stats have the pacers down as the worst offensive side in the NBA. To beat any team by 10 points for them is difficult to beat a team with a player of Irvings ability in it, dreadfully difficult.

Cleveland Cavs @ Pacers - Cleveland Cavs +9.5 @ 1.76 with MarathonBet (3 units)

MakinItHappen

4 wins - 1 loss

MakinItHappen

...and the cavs can suck my my mother fking balls. Characterless bunch of composure-less tools... somany awful 3 point attempts.

MakinItHappen

Well drilled unit with heaps of chemistry, they showed that counts for more than 1-3 star players whom don't have as much chemistry with their win over the heat 2 days back.

Magic are a weak side and way too dependant on 3 point plays.

Golden State Warriors @ Orlando Magic - Golden State -3 @ 1.82 with MarathonBet (3 units)

The gulf in class here is there to easily be seen, the Wolves are a very solid outfit and with Kevin Love slowly playing himself back into decent basketball they should beat the Hornets with a bit to spare here.

Timberwolves @ New Orlean Hornets - Timberwolves @ 1.6 ML with MarathonBet (3 units)

MakinItHappen

Lakers look to be finding their feet slowly, against the Knicks their coach had them adapt their style and slow their offence down. Kobe is on fire ATM, World Peace is motivated and looked in good form and Howard's showing some promising signs. I'm liking them to cover this spread, they will draw confidence from their efforts tonight and will look to really turn the corner with a dominant win over the Wizards.

Lakers @ Wizard Warriors - Lakers -5.5 @ 1.93 with 10bet (3 units)

MakinItHappen

The Celtic's are a struggling side ATM, they've been shown recently to be too dependant on Rondo, Pierce isn't having it all his own way and not performing to the level he can. The Celtic's main problem is in transition, they are taking too-many rash and rushed shots and ATM they have no one who is really in the sort of shooting form to be doing that.

The Rockets are always a sort of side that can produce really high quality basketball @ home. The crowd really lift their game and with the sloppiness the Celtic's have been showing away from home and the quite patent disharmony within the team, I expect the Rockets to come through a relatively close game with a big 4th quarter play.

Boston Celtics @ Houston Rockets - Houston Rockets ML @ 1.75 with MarathonBet (3 units)

MakinItHappen

3 wins 1 loss for today.

MakinItHappen

Will do the calculations in a bit for units.

7 wins 2 losses overall so far though.

MakinItHappen

The Bobcats are a team in struggles ATM and they really are desperate for the win, every match that goes by without one makes the next a competition final. They produced a courageous display against the Clippers in their last home match and I believe they'll have enough about them in terms of intensity and an overall desire / passion to win to eek this one out over a side who pretty much rely on good 3 point shooting. Magic will be slightly weary also from their match tonight and this match won't have as much riding on it or as importance and meaning to them it will the Bobcats.

Orlando Magic @ Bobcats - Bobcats ML @ 2.01 with Pinny (3 units)

emriaz
    emriaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who do you like for tomorrow? I was thinking
    wizards +13
    warriors +6
    Min -5

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by emriaz View Post
    Who do you like for tomorrow? I was thinking
    wizards +13
    warriors +6
    Min -5
    I was thinking Wizards on the spread too, I am jus not sure the heat won't feel they are obliged to spanking them after their loss away @ the Wizards a week back. Hmmmmmm. It's a difficult one.

Timberwolves is prob the best go to, I'd prefer something shorter though. -3 or -4

emriaz
    emriaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

You think the clippers luck continues tomorrow against the bucks?

MakinItHappen

Wolves are on a roll ATM, very intelligent and experienced group of player's who know what plays to play @ the respective times. They have been comprehensively disposing of decent to poor level teams away from home and @ home don't seem to be having too much trouble either.

The Mavs are a decent outfit, that possess capable player's and they can go on runs of 3 point shooting but I jus feel the Timberwolves are going to carry the momentum they have from their wins recently on here and win with a bit to spare.

Dallas Mavericks @ Timberwolves - Timberwolves -4 @ 1.80 with Pinny (3 units)

MakinItHappen

Quote Originally Posted by emriaz View Post
    You think the clippers luck continues tomorrow against the bucks?
    They should win with 5 or so, but I wouldn't take it, they've been winning too much and they're bound to get complacent soon, plus the bucks seem to be getting decent results.

MakinItHappen

1.83 + 2.73 + 2.7 + 2.7 - 3 - 3 + 1.8 + 2.79 + 2.25 = 10.8

Staked: 27 units
    Profit: 10.8 units
    Return on Investment: 40%
    Win rate: 77.77%
    Wins: 7
    Losses: 2
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-15-12 at 12:41 AM.

MakinItHappen

Bulls are way too strong @ home and have players in better form and they are also fresh unlike the nets who had to come through a double over time victory last night. Should meet the spread.

Brooklyn Nets @ Chicago Bulls - Chicago Bulls -3 @ 1.61 with Bet365 (1 unit)

MakinItHappen

Wolves -4 - Win
    Nobcats ML - Loss
    Bulls -3 - Loss - Pointless / meaningless penetrating 3 pointer from Williams < Dickhead

-1 unit for the day coz of that stupid 3.
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-15-12 at 11:12 PM.

MakinItHappen

The Portland trail blazers are a young team blossoming ATM, with Lillard, the rookie of the year firing on all cylinders and the entire team jus developing a whole type of magical chemistry. At home the atmosphere is huge and it really inspires the team.

Hornets are on a dismal run and despite the return of their best player Anthony Davis, they jus lost 3 of their other regular starters... one being an important cog in their wheel ... Jason Smith ... Portland should run away with this and you would think this spread would be unlucky to not be made.

New Olean Hornets @ Portland Trail Blazers -4.5 handicap @ 1.79 with Pinny (3 units)
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-16-12 at 01:21 PM.

MakinItHappen

The Sacs are jus out of their league here, Denver on a roll from a big win @ home and I feel the quality between the two sides will be a telling factor here.

Denver Nuggets @ Sacremento Kings - Denver Nuggets -3 @ 1.81 with Pinny (3 units)

MakinItHappen

Raptors are missing their go to player's whilst the Rockets have picked up a little bit of momentum recently. They haven't played a lot of away games and so will be adamant on making a positive start to proceedings.

Houston Rockets @ Toronto Raptors - Houston Rockets ML @ 1.61 with Paddy Power (1 units)
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-16-12 at 02:46 PM.

MakinItHappen

Lakers ML - 1.69 with Pinny (3 units)
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-16-12 at 03:29 PM.

MakinItHappen

Houston ML 1 unit - Loss
    Lakers ML 3 units - Win
    Nuggets -3 3 units - Win

Not bad so far. Jus need portland to cap of an all-round successful day

MakinItHappen

This is a beautiful spread, the Pistons are @ an all time low after giving their absolute heart and soul into getting a win over the nets 2 nights ago. Unfortunetely the nets squeezed the win with a clutch last second 2. The Pistons really fell flat after that, falling the very next night to the worst offensive team in the NBA, the Indiana Pacers by 11 points. Albeit the Pacers have one of the best defences in the league, to only score 77 against them @ home is poor. Now the Clippers are @ the top of the table for the number of steals in the NBA and their defence is pretty tough too. They also have offensive qualities @ all ends. This should be a fairly comfortable win for the Clippers and the line is a beauty @ the given price.

Los Angeles Clippers @ Detroit Pistons - -6 Clippers @ 1.84 with Pinny (3 units)

MakinItHappen

This spread is way too big, the Spurs are a force within the NBA and granted OKC are on a remarkably good run it doesn't really mean to suggest they are going to blow away a team full of experienced and seasoned NBA player's who've been there and done it before.

The OKC are yet to run into a team with a really big set of player's really this season and I believe they'll struggle to be as dominant as they have been with how capable Spurs are from defensive and offensive rebounds.

Spurs @ OKC - Spurs +6.5 @ 1.66 with Bet365 (3 units)

MakinItHappen

1 win 1 loss

Similar pattern emerging

MakinItHappen

Bulls have been absolutely shocking offensively as of late, whilst the Celtics, although struggling in the 4th quarter of games are still playing to a sufficient enough level of basketball offensively to outscore this rather mediocre bunch of players for the bulls.

The Celtics are also well rested as opposed to the bulls .. so I am, with a degree of confidence going to take the Celtics on the ML here.

Celtics @ Bulls - Celtics ML @ 2.00 with Paddy Power (3 units)
    Last edited by MakinItHappen; 12-17-12 at 10:02 PM.

MakinItHappen

They have seasoned pro's and Lee is on absolute EFFICIENT FIRE! Hornet's only possibly chance to keep it close would be to get it to Anderson as much as possible, but you can bet your money that the Golden State are going to be onto him as quick as anything ... well I am betting my money......

Hornets @ Golden State - Golden State -6 @ 1.71 bet365 (3 units)

MakinItHappen

The Wizards are no mugs @ home and they come out to play, they become lifted by the crowd and can produce some really solid and actually @ certain times INSPIRED BASKETBALL. This was proven when Miami went there and I fully expect a close fought, intense counter here with the Hawks.

Atlanta Hawks @ Washington Wizards - Washington Wizards +7 @ 1.78 with Pinny (3 units)

12 Last