jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yao So Dominant Now

It was a matter of time, he is controlling games like Shaq did in his prime. If he and TMAC stay health we might be looking at the champs or the Utah Jazz.

justbet
    justbet's Avatar Become A Pro!

everyone seems to forget that the jazz started off hot last year and completely tanked halfway through the season. a couple bad teams are winning right now. that will change. but i agree that yao looks penetrating awesome

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yao is a decent center, although I wouldn't say he's dominant right now.

The reason the Jazz went into the tank was Andrei Kirilenko got hurt. Same thing applied/applies with T-Mac. Sometimes when a teams lose there key players, the teams usually just can't recover. The chances of T-Mac staying healthy this year is slim to none IMO. His back just locks up on him way too much to really consider the rockets as a true contender.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

He had a great game last night, but he is far from consistant coach.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

His #s this year are amazing so far (in 33min per game). Here are his stats per game average:

26.2 points, 9.3 rebounds, 2.3 blocks, 59.6% from the field and a not too shabby 86.7% from the charity stripe.

Illusion

There's noway he keeps those numbers up.

moses millsap

If he does, he will get serious MVP consideration. That would bring a big smile to Stern's face.

Illusion

If kept up that pace I would plead his case personally.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yao is nowhere if you run him off the court. It's funny seeing him against the Suns, running back and forth and just reaching one end of the court when the ball is going the other way again. Totally useless.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Yao put up those same type of numbers the last 30 games of last year, he is the 2nd best player in the league right now, I considered taking him at +4500 or so for MVP but layed off, I think he will have the best numbers in the league but probably not the team success to win the award

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

He's not an MVP...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4675

I will be very surprised if Yao can keep up this pace. I dont see it, but if he does, I will give him his props. But until then, he is still overrated to me.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't watch the NBA a whole lot but the guy seems pretty soft to me...

rm18, congrats on winning the $500 in B.T.P...

jjgold

Yao by far the best player in the NBA, you cannot beat height like this. All you have to do is get the ball inside to him and he controls the game and will be hard to beat Houston

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yao has finally become conditioned for the game both physically and mentally. I've never been overly impressed with his abilities until this year, but if Houston stays healthy they will most certainly challenge for supremacy in the West and Yao will receive a great deal of consideration for MVP.

moses millsap

The aggressive dimension he has added to his once rather passive game makes him nearly unstoppable nowadays. The fact that he's such a good passer only makes him that much dangerous.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I still say Duncan is 1 and Yao 2, Duncan more of a rebounder and defensive player, although pretty soon he will be the best no doubt.

jjgold

Yao looks heavier also, this guy now is the number 1 player in the NBA, you cannot beat height.

707782's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yao is a great player, nobody can put up 20/30 and 10 each and everynight, Lebron can't, Kobe can't, Jordan can't, Shaq can't, Yao can't also, it's just that simple.

Yao is arguably the best center last season, he is the best center in the NBA right now no questions ask, the scary thing is that he will only get better and better as time goes on...also, he's stamina condition has a huge improvement since last year, and it will get better and better.

A lot of people said that Yao is soft, but if you ask me, other teams would double even triple team him every time he gets the ball, he might look like soft, but it's not, it's just the way he plays, and the style of his game, everybody want him to play like shaq with the brutal force, but it's just not his game, he doesn't have the power shaq does, but shaq deesn't have the fine skill that yao has, it's just how he plays...and also the fact that he has a nice and humble personality...

jjgold

They did not go to Yao enough, Van Gundy a very bad big game coach