Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 554

There Are Quite A Few Half Filled NBA Arenas Tonight

Watching on NBA League Pass. Other than Miami and Boston, there are a lot of seats available in the arenas tonight. Not a very good sign.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I'm watching the Phoenix/Charlotte game. No one is there in Charlotte. Can't really blame 'em though.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Horrible product.

I don't blame them.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rather watch shit sliding down a wall then the NBA..

If the 98' Bull were playing in my front yard I wouldn't watch..

If I had free seats so close LeBron had to dribble around me and my posse I wouldn't go..

Ya' dig?

Bunch of weed smoking black dudes actin' gangsta trying to throw a ball thru a ring.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8798

over priced

fuk the NBA

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

82 games is a joke and everyone knows it after last season playing 60 games

night to night means nothing when you're playing teams like sacramento and minnesota

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

hard to pay 300 bucks for tickets, fight traffic, have to worry about car being broke into while there or you being robbed, pay 30 bucks for parking just to go in and watch a bunch of overpay players to say tonight i am going to half ass it and decide they dont want to play defense because they are too tired from drinking last night. Season is too long, playoffs are way to long.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I think 1 game a year is more than enough. Maybe with a date or something. Too expensive otherwise. All games free on the radio anyway.

Is not the NBA losing money?

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Fukin Obama!

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    hard to pay 300 bucks for tickets, fight traffic, have to worry about car being broke into while there or you being robbed, pay 30 bucks for parking just to go in and watch a bunch of overpay players to say tonight i am going to half ass it and decide they dont want to play defense because they are too tired from drinking last night. Season is too long, playoffs are way to long.
    i agree 100 percent

k13

90% + of the players are horrible. Teams shooting like 30%.

Rather watch College Ball. At least they have to try more.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

less than half full here in milwaukee tonight, like usual other than big games or sat nights.
    i can see your arguments guys, but i grew up in a big nba city here so that stays with me.

to me its still a more fun game to watch in person than mlb or nfl where there is about 15 minutes of action over the course of 3 hours

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Utah crowd looks good

all white as well mormons

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

nba only popular in places like huge cities and small markets with nothing else like utah.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

fantasitic place to watch a game
    its like 20,000 mitt romneys in 1 place
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Utah crowd looks good

all white as well mormons

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ufc, nba, nfl you name it all these games are better being watched from my living room and for the price of a Laker game tix i can buy league pass etc. Unless you just like saying you were at the game really no reason to go anymore.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Not uncommon and not new to this season. A lot of NBA seats are corporate these days. Announced attendance and actual attendance two completely different things.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

I have had people give me Heat tickets several times and I never went. Not much about the league or players impress me. I would rather lay on the beach smoking cigars and flirting with chicks.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Station View Post
    I'm watching the Phoenix/Charlotte game. No one is there in Charlotte. Can't really blame 'em though.
    i was there and you are right. it was only 1/3 full. I got 2 lower level seats for $45 total.

I kept saying to my self damn this would be cool to have seats like this when Kobe Bryant or Lebron James is here... but i'm sitting there watching Kemba Walker get swatted every time he goes up for a lay up.

and believe it or not some 7 foot white dude that looked like a Nazi for the Suns was the best player on the floor.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i was there and you are right. it was only 1/3 full. I got 2 lower level seats for $45 total.

I kept saying to my self damn this would be cool to have seats like this when Kobe Bryant or Lebron James is here... but i'm sitting there watching Kemba Walker get swatted every time he goes up for a lay up.

and believe it or not some 7 foot white dude that looked like a Nazi for the Suns was the best player on the floor.
    Gortat is probably the best Center in the league.

k13

How bad is the NBA?

Last year, there was only one "shooting guard" averaging 20+ ppg.

Is that for real?

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Station View Post
    Live in NC and occasionally i go to a Bobcats game b/c if you show up 10 mins after tipoff they will just hand you a ticket for free. Of course, cannot do this when teams like the Heat are in town.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    How bad is the NBA?

Last year, there was only one "shooting guard" averaging 20+ ppg.

Is that for real?
    Too many teams. Need to get rid of 2 teams from each conference

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Gortat is an awesome player. Orlando letting him go was the start of their downfall. Also a player on the opposing team of the Bobcas will always be the best player on the court.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Too many teams. Need to get rid of 2 teams from each conference
    Maybe they should learn how to shoot.

Just a bunch of guys shooting 40%, they had lots of teams many years ago and it was never this bad.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

We need NBA to be successful for betting reasons...remember last year, wait till christmass..saw the empty seats as well...hows the lakers attendance...do the beautiful people still attend

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Maybe they should learn how to shoot.

Just a bunch of guys shooting 40%, they had lots of teams many years ago and it was never this bad.
    Why would you ever want to learn how to shoot when you can dunk and do behind the back passes?

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

paid about $250 for 2 at this game last year,

had money on the raptors to cover +8 and of course they were leading into the 4th but lost by 12 at the end. had $100 that game or about 1 unit

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Why would you ever want to learn how to shoot when you can dunk and do behind the back passes?
    If you take away dunks/lay ups, NBA shoots like ~35% I read somewhere.

Applejax
    Applejax's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Watching on NBA League Pass. Other than Miami and Boston, there are a lot of seats available in the arenas tonight. Not a very good sign.
    ticket prices are too high

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post

The weather and transportation to the games has played a role. Talent level has lessened slightly also.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

New areans messed up a lot of the real fans....take last night game between cavs and gs...oracle is packed!......real fans...old building.......new arenas create phony fans so real fans don't like to go when ushers tell you to sit down because you cheering...people got money....the arena environment need to change

MFDoom013
    MFDoom013's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    New areans messed up a lot of the real fans....take last night game between cavs and gs...oracle is packed!......real fans...old building.......new arenas create phony fans so real fans don't like to go when ushers tell you to sit down because you cheering...people got money....the arena environment need to change
    I was going to mention Oracle. I'm from the Bay and our fans pack that place every night. One of the top 5 HCA's in the NBA for sure

hopefully it's the fans and not your old arena theory though.. Dubs get a new venue in a couple of years

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Is there anything more commonplace in sports than an NBA dunk? Yet, ESPN shows ten of them a night on their "Plays of the Day" segment. Who gives a crap? All these morons want to dunk now so they can make the highlight reels. Nobody can shoot. It's an ugly game.

Durrrr
    Durrrr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

baseball is farrr worse who gives a shit about a steroid abusing brute trying to bat a ball. And when there's a homer everyone goes homo, fuking queers.