ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wguan2 View Post
    Why would you think people are going to be bankrupt after a short bad run? If you think that then obviously your bankroll management is shit. Relax buddy, we're all trying to make money. Even if you're on the other side, what does the negativity really provide for you?
    Starting to wonder if Daimo saw Sando consistently winning and decided to tail one day and go all in with the rent money... It explains the anger and emotion perfectly, which to the rest of us seems confusing and unjustified. It also explains his previous post.

Moral of the story is if you're going to tail you need to tail on the bankroll management too otherwise you risk losing big. Sorry for your losses Daimo you'll bounce back, last night got you a few of those units back. Just try to let it go, it's not Sando's fault.
    Points Awarded:

HockeySB gave ShotgunRua 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

vancityswag
    vancityswag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

Sooo...for sando to not be a fraud he has to end up in the green every day? Sando...you're a fraud...thanks for all the money you won me though.

vancityswag
    vancityswag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

O and btw sando, I know it was you who made the cats blow their 18 point lead.

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys i know you think your doing the right thing but wouldn't it be better not even mentioning daimo...he may crave the attention he always gets here..i'm not chipping in about him anymore until he starts his own pick thread daimos special" or similar

ShotgunRua
    ShotgunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe this is a stupid question, but isn't this forum moderated in any way? I'm sure anywhere else if someone was dropping in for no other reason than to insult another poster they would be banned.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

This is not an in game thread. It makes it more difficult to surf and find Sando's posts when posters come in ever few minutes and give us a play-by-play of what's happening. Don't turn this into that type of thread. Settle down daimoshack it's not that deep, relax, breathe, the world is still moving.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Tough week. Stay focused. Long season. Keep grinding.

1-2 Today in the NBA -2.22
    Units

NBA YTD 81-55-6 (+32.97 Units) 59.6%

(NBA ATS/ML 61-42-4 YTD) 59.2%

(NBA totals 20-13-2 YTD) 60.6%

All time SBR Picks
    Tennis 31-25-4 (+17.16 Units)
    Rugby Union 7-7
    (+2.97 Units)
    Rugby Sevens 14-12-1 (+0.62 Units)
    MLB 4-1
    MMA 2-0

Above record based on picks posted at SBR forum.

**All m/l picks are almost always dogs. I will hardly ever play a favorite at the m/l and if I do it is no worse than -115.

NBA

LA Lakers @ Houston

Rockets m/l (+118 Pinnacle) 1x

Houston have won 5 in a row at home now with notable wins over the Knicks, Bulls and Jazz. All the focus on this team was always going to be on the guards with high profile Harden and Lin manning the 1-2 and yet surprisingly the Rockets front court has been quite formidable, especially at home. Asik, Patterson and Parsons, many fans would struggle to give you any name on the Rockets list outside the guards, and their front court should not be as good as it is, but yet it is so. Let's not forget the Rockets have had arguably the toughest schedule in the whole league so far and their record (8-8) needs to be taken into context with their losses coming against the likes of OKC, Memphis, Miami, Utah etc (no weak teams) whereas the Lakers have a worse record at 8-9 despite a predominantly home schedule and yet they have managed to lose to the likes of Orlando and Sacramento in recent times and lets not forget the Lakers have a miserable road record at 1-4. Ths Lakers them has the potential to be great, possibly even Champions, but potential is not reality and the reality of the situation is they are currently 3-4 under (the saviour) D'antoni, they lead the league in turnovers, they get crushed on the fast break every game, seem to lack chemistry, have zero consistency, an injury list that is getting worse not better (add Gasol to the list) I could go on. Without Gasol the Lakers size advantage over the smaller rockets front court is neutralised, Kobe and Harden will probably cancel each other out, and Lin should be too crafty and quick Off the dribble for Morris who is clearly down on confidence and Duhon needs to go play in the D-League. Until the Lakers prove they can play on the road how is there value on them as favorites playing an under-rated team who is a very tough out at home?

Minnesota @ Philly

76'ers -3 (-101 Pinnacle) 1x

*Yes I am well aware that Love and Petkovic could have a field day against an undersized Philly front line, however on the flip side Minny is completely out matched from 1-3 even if Nick Young doesn't play as that simply means more minutes for quality players (Turner, T-Young and J-Rich).

OKC @ Brooklyn

OKC -4 (-109 Pinnacle) 2x

No Lopez and no Evans is a lot of blocks and rebounds missing from the Nets core strength, which is thier defense. In fact I expect OKC to turn the tables and dominate the rebounding today although Humphries will hustle and do his best. OKC red hot and rolling at the moment, scoring 100+ in 9 straight games. They are also on a 6 game winning streak and have covered ATS in 8 of their last 10 games, including covering large lines of -8.5, -9.5, -9.5, -10.5 and -11.5 with ease on each occasion.
    Sefolosha the perfect guy to help keep Johnson in check, which leaves even more work for D-Will, Blatche and Wallace offensively.

NBA Total's

OKC @ Brooklyn

Over 191.5 (-109 Sportingbet) 1.5x

Wow. Since I posted this pick and locked it in at 191.5 it has been smashed out to 196! I had this total set at 196-197 and figured the total was lower than it should be as the books were over-compensating for the Nets having their leading scorer out (Lopez - 18.5 ppg), but it is a moot point on a team such as this, as those points can be easily assimilated by Humphries, Johnson, Wallace and D-Will, this is a team that is currently known for its defence but there is no shortage of offensively gifted players on this list. OKC is the league's most potent offence, averaging over 105 ppg and having hit the 100 mark in 9 straight games, so assuming OKC hits around their average (as Nets are weakened defensively without Lopez) of 105, that would require the Nets losing by 20 points with a score of around 85 for the over not to hit, highly unlikely. More realistic is a score of something like 102-97 (OKC) in my humble opinion.

LA Lakers @ Houston

Over 212 (-108 Pinnacle) 1.5x

I expect tempo from both teams, early shot's, plenty of fast break opportunities for the Rockets, a lack of defence, and plenty of points. The perfect two teams to play out an over ATM.
    Last edited by sando; 12-04-12 at 03:45 PM.
    Points Awarded:

ShotgunRua gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

usfunca gave sando 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Joab101 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ak57 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cody4548 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

grassgenius gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Crowing Capers gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mikmik gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

humble gave sando 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tblues2005

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Where is the summary??? Afraid to show the negative units??

sando

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    What do you want from me Daimo? I keep an accurate record, I update it everyday. Why all the hate? Is it because we used to trash each other in Roxxy's WNBA thread? Do you want me to stop posting my picks, is that it? If I'm such a fraud then surely you could make money fading my picks on a daily basis?Congratulations on the Hornets pick, good call, you should have made it an SCS play.

yankeefan1024
    yankeefan1024's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    I have a question. I'm pretty new to this forum, but I feel like the reason people (or at least I personally) follow these threads is to see how handicappers are doing, to pick up on trends and either follow their picks, or make more educated decisions about my own.

It's hard enough to make money in sports betting as it is, yet so many people seem to have the time to come on these forums and BASH people like Sando who are clearly putting in so much effort into his picks, and seems to actually care if people win / lose based on his recommendations.

But at the end of the day, that's all his picks are- recommendations. Sando is not asking you or anybody else bashing him to follow his picks every day, or even to read this forum. So to waste your time coming on this forum looking for people who are putting in an effort to help us all make some $$, then bash them for doing so is far from productive both for the purpose of the forum, as well as yourself.

Just my two cents.

tdotknight
    tdotknight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

I agree with YankeeFan, I've been checking out these forums for over a year and never posted in a while but i thought I'll take part because the hating gotta stop. Sando is not forcing anyone to bet, just giving us his analysis. Its your choice to follow it or not. But why hate on him? I don't get it. Open up your own thread with your own picks.
    Last edited by tdotknight; 12-04-12 at 09:15 AM. Reason: typo

RatMAn2787
    RatMAn2787's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

You guys are just feeding into him. He is what we call a 'troll', get his rocks off by busting balls and getting responses. Yankeefan and tdotknight are what you call 'lurkers', myself included.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Quote Originally Posted by 23Edler_Salo6 View Post
    Lets do some basic arithmetic, shall we?

Sando:
    NBA YTD 80-53-6 (+35.19 Units) 60.1%

(NBA ATS/ML 60-40-4 YTD) 60%

(NBA totals 20-13-2 YTD) 60.6%

Daimoshokage on his last 11 "SCS" plays:

2-9 (minus a F%&K ton of units)

=

STFU

you're a gold mine son, you could bury the entire forum with your plays
    Thanks for the facts there Sando. I think this clown needs to go. Your doing well in the long run. 35 units ahead before Christmas is pretty good no doubt. Remember if you were wagering $100 a unit you would be ahead $3500. I don't think Daimo can touch that. Daimo is good fade material. 2-9 is terrible.

tblues2005

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan1024 View Post
    I have a question. I'm pretty new to this forum, but I feel like the reason people (or at least I personally) follow these threads is to see how handicappers are doing, to pick up on trends and either follow their picks, or make more educated decisions about my own.

It's hard enough to make money in sports betting as it is, yet so many people seem to have the time to come on these forums and BASH people like Sando who are clearly putting in so much effort into his picks, and seems to actually care if people win / lose based on his recommendations.

But at the end of the day, that's all his picks are- recommendations. Sando is not asking you or anybody else bashing him to follow his picks every day, or even to read this forum. So to waste your time coming on this forum looking for people who are putting in an effort to help us all make some $$, then bash them for doing so is far from productive both for the purpose of the forum, as well as yourself.

Just my two cents.
    I totally agree with you. You aren't being forced into making these plays no doubt. He is doing well overall also which is really good. I don't understand after a day or two that clowns would want to bash a person like this or the seer. I am shocked that he isn't bashing Brock Landers or others that are not so good.

HockeySB
    HockeySB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

FYI.... Sports interaction is at +130 for houston

tblues2005

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    What do you want from me Daimo? I keep an accurate record, I update it everyday. Why all the hate? Is it because we used to trash each other in Roxxy's WNBA thread? Do you want me to stop posting my picks, is that it? If I'm such a fraud then surely you could make money fading my picks on a daily basis?Congratulations on the Hornets pick, good call, you should have made it an SCS play.
    I would like to understand it also Sando. Everybody runs through a tough spell throughout the year and I guess this clown don't understand that. Sando just keep it up your still up over 30 units which isn't bad at all. I know who's good at the NBA and who isn't.

wguan2
    wguan2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Sando, would like to hear your reasoning for the two picks. BOL

king_danilo92
    king_danilo92's Avatar Become A Pro!

love the houston-laker over.. good call

usfunca
    usfunca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Gasol out tonight. Lines off the books at my local. Wonder what will happen to the totals.

Pacu
    Pacu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers line 214 at the moment. Sando, would you take over 213 @ 1.80?

Btw, OKC line 195.5 now, glad we took 191.5.

sando

A large number of plays in proportion to the size of today's card I know, but it's just the way it works out. Sometimes you like the card and sometimes you don't. After the dissapointing results recently (I am still shattered by the Charlotte game which rarely happens to me after 15+ years of sports betting) I have put a lot of work into tonight's card and am quietly confident of a winning day. Usually I don't like to play two sides in the same game (as in the Rockets and OKC games) but once again it's just the way it works out. Really like the over in the Houston game and if we didn't have a seperate bet on the Rockets m/l would have played it for 2 units.

No more plays today.

***On a side note, some may find it interesting to know that whenever you get a total over 210 and you blindly play the over, and conversely when you get a total under 180 and you blindly play the under (notice in both cases our play is counter-intuitive to the general public) you will come out ahead in the long run even accounting for vig, although I can not tell you the exact win % nor can i quote you my source as it was so long ago that I worked this out.

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Missed the boat, although TAB has the O191.5 @ $1.60

Tim Gerry Mander

A large number of plays in proportion to the size of today's card I know, but it's just the way it works out. Sometimes you like the card and sometimes you don't. After the dissapointing results recently (I am still shattered by the Charlotte game which rarely happens to me after 15+ years of sports betting) I have put a lot of work into tonight's card and am quietly confident of a winning day. Usually I don't like to play two sides in the same game (as in the Rockets and OKC games) but once again it's just the way it works out. Really like the over in the Houston game and if we didn't have a seperate bet on the Rockets m/l would have played it for 2 units.

No more plays today.

***On a side note, some may find it interesting to know that whenever you get a total over 210 and you blindly play the over, and conversely when you get a total under 180 and you blindly play the under (notice in both cases our play is counter-intuitive to the general public) you will come out ahead in the long run even accounting for vig, although I can not tell you the exact win % nor can i quote you my source as it was so long ago that I worked this out.
    So by your reasoning, should we hit the under in the Chicago/Indiana game? It is sitting on 180 atm.

Lakers still worth it at 214.5?

Shoomakie
    Shoomakie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by usfunca View Post
    Gasol out tonight. Lines off the books at my local. Wonder what will happen to the totals.
    Off on Bovada as of 5:11pm EST.

southmadejd
    southmadejd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 830

Good luck tonight sando.

julio_cat
    julio_cat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Good Luck today Sando.
    Please everyone just ignore Daimo.
    I would like to hear a comment abour Kobe's warning to his teamates a couple of days ago. Will it make the Lakers improve or will it fracture the team?

MTM
    MTM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 485

214 sounds like a lot of points. I feel one side needs to play defense for a quarter or a couple shooters need to go cold and it's out of reach.

It's "square" but I like OKC -4. I think Brooklyn's strength when there's no Lopez is quick ball movement to create an open shooter. okc defend well and the main threat in Johnson will ,like you said, be guarded by the lanky Sefolosha. So that leaves wallace, CJ watson, stack house to step up from the perimeter. And that's where I think they will have to score the most. Okc to shut down the frontcourt. I think the line is close cos Brooklyn is hot at home but that won't be enough

Doh, lined moved to 4.5. I still hit it up though for 3 units
    Last edited by MTM; 12-04-12 at 04:25 PM.

tblues2005

Good luck tonight Sando. I think things will get back on track for you. Don't let the idiots get to you too much because they certainly can do it.

TC Woods
    TC Woods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Don't waste your time on that fukken moron!

tblues2005

TC Woods I agree some. That guy makes new people think that Sando isn't good and he is doing well so far. I am just glad I am not the one doing picks and doing well and getting blasted every time I have a bad day or two. I would be telling that moron to take a hike.

Tim Gerry Mander

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gerry Mander View Post
    So by your reasoning, should we hit the under in the Chicago/Indiana game? It is sitting on 180 atm.

Lakers still worth it at 214.5?
    That under is looking good - Should have spanked it!

king_danilo92
    king_danilo92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gerry Mander View Post
    That under is looking good - Should have spanked it!
    not really.. on pace for 206.. rockets will heat up and the over will hit.

usfunca
    usfunca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

And Houston comes through. I unbelievably bought the totals down from 214 to 212 at a cost of -150 juice. So glad I bought it all the way down... from now on I'll just lay off it. Great call on that game!

lagosu
    lagosu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 357

Good call on the m/l rockets. As much as i opposed it, I tailed you anyway and it gave me a winner. Keep it up Sando!

Tim Gerry Mander

Quote Originally Posted by king_danilo92 View Post
    not really.. on pace for 206.. rockets will heat up and the over will hit.
    I meant the bulls game

First ... 40414243444546 ... Last