moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Stephen Jackson

Police: Pacers' Jackson hit by car, fires shots after fight outside Indy strip club
    Updated 10/6/2006 9:30 AM ET E-mail | Save | Print | Subscribe to stories like this Subscribe to stories like this
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana Pacers player Stephen Jackson was hit in the mouth, struck by a car and fired a gun outside a strip club early Friday, police said.

Jackson, 28, told officers he fired his 9 mm pistol four or five times in the air in self-defense after he was punched and hit by a car outside the club, said Sgt. Matthew Mount, spokesman for the Indianapolis Police Department.

Jackson went up onto the hood of the car, Mount said.

There were no reports of anyone being struck by the gunfire, and police did not make any immediate arrests. Police are looking for the car that hit Jackson and others involved.

An argument involving patrons, Jackson and other members of the Pacers began inside the club, Mount said. The players said they left the club, but patrons followed them outside.

"At some point when leaving the club, a verbal altercation ensued that turned into a physical altercation," Mount said.

Jackson was limping but refused medical treatment at the scene, Mount said. He conferred with a Pacers trainer and sought medical treatment at a hospital.

The other Pacers at the scene were Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels and Jimmie Hunter. Tinsley and Daniels also had guns in their cars, and all three players had permits for the weapons, Mount said, although Daniels' permit was issued in Florida.

The Pacers planned to release a statement about the incident later Friday. The Associated Press left messages seeking comment with Jackson's agent, Dan Fegan.

Jackson joined the Pacers in 2004 and averaged 16 points last season. He was among Pacers players who threw punches at fans at the end of a nationally televised Indiana-Detroit game in 2004. He pleaded no contest to misdemeanor assault charges and was sentenced to probation and community service.

Last year, Jackson often argued with officials, complained when he was taken out of games and said he didn't care whether the Pacers traded him. But during a recent news conference, Jackson hugged head coach Rick Carlisle and sat by his side to answer questions — an impromptu gesture the Pacers hoped would be a symbol of improved team chemistry this season.

Daniels played for the Dallas Mavericks last season.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

quite an introduction for daniels

if anyone finds a line on whether the pacers will trade jackson this year let me know cause he is gone guaranteed

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4795

They all had guns in their cars. I guess this means to not fcuk with the Pacers.

Stephen Jackson involved with another altercation. No surprise.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

what really kills me is that there still were no charges filed over this one yet.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    what really kills me is that there still were no charges filed over this one yet.
    I live just outside Indy and believe me, pacers run amok often....

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stephen Jackson is a douche

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the NBA so I am not really surprised.