bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

How many businesses and individuals in Cleveland did Lebron put out of business?

I mean seriously do ppl even go to Cavs games anymore, I imagine the bars and the downtown businesses operated in the red until Lebron packed the house 60 nights a year for 7 years.

Pretty amazing that one superstar athlete can have as big an impact on a city as Lebron did on Cleveland. Cleveland literally fell off the map after Lebron left!

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

TELL THE OWNER TO GO OUT AND BUY SOME FREE AGENTS IF THE F-CKING GUY WASNT POCKETING ALL THE PROFITS HE COULD BUILD A TEAM WITH FREE AGENTS LIKE THE CELTICS DID.

DOES ANYBODY REALLY GIVE A F-CK ABOUT THE PEOPLE OF CLEVELAND IF THEY DONT LIKE IT THEY SHOULD MOVE

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Gilbert focked up

all he had to do was spend on one free agent, and get one draft right, after Lebron.....

Cleveland had no business anyways....They don't deserve winners.

look at the Indians now.... they have a contender and the fans ignore them or are too broke to go to games....

when it was "Jacobs Field" and new, and the economy was booming. They sold out every game...

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

CLEVELAND HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CITY OF LOSERS SO WHY WOULD LEBRON STAY IN THAT SHIT CITY

WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO SOUTH BEACH OR THE SLUMS OF CLEVELAND END OF DISCUSSION

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

I mean yea I agree with his decision but that rubbing salt in the wound with that "The Decision" broadcast was disgusting, Lebron's too dumb to realize athletes only do those big decision announcements if they are staying not if they are fuckin over all their fans

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Cleveland has the rock n roll hall of fame!

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have any of you ever stepped foot in Cleveland ? You'd be shocked if you did. Stop basing your view of a city on 30 year old punch lines.

To address the question of Cavs fan support since Lebron left. They still rank in the top 15 of attendance, and maybe even more importantly, They had the 5th highest TV ratings in the league,all season

Now, as for the comment on Indians fans. It's amazing people even go down there, period. You guys see first place team and assume the place should be rocking. Now, if you were an Indians fan, or had even the slightest bit of knowledge of the situation, you would understand that this owner came in 10 years ago, and completely ripped apart a perennial contender. He let Manny and Thome walk away in their prime, he has traded away 3 Cy Young winners. 2 of them in back to back years (Sabathia,Lee) And they got next to nothing in return. Sabathia and Lee have netted them 1 starting player, and he is average at best. (Michael Brantley) It has been a decade of trading off our best players, not one single significant free agent signing, and penny pinching moves at every corner. This same owner had the audacity to publicly say "When the fans start coming back, I can spend more"

And you expect people to go pack the place every night ? If this was a shitty sports town like Miami, there'd be 500 people down there. not the 20+ K they have been getting.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ThaTopMoron

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Cleveland should take its talents to South Beach...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by BEANTOWNJIM View Post
    CLEVELAND HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CITY OF LOSERS SO WHY WOULD LEBRON STAY IN THAT SHIT CITY

WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO SOUTH BEACH OR THE SLUMS OF CLEVELAND END OF DISCUSSION
    I've lived in Cleveland and Miami and I can tell you emphatically that Miami is a horrible city to live in. Outside of south beach there is NOTHING to do in Miami... Nothing but get carjacked. Half the city is in a foreign language and housing sucks.

Cleveland is a hidden gem. The only thing negative about Cleveland is the winter. There is a ton of stuff to do in Cleveland, much more than Miami. Cleveland has the theater, music, art, science, museums. Miami, not so much. Cleveland has amusement parks, history, medical centers. Miami, not so much. Cleveland has down to earth folks that you can sit down and have a beer with. Miami has a bunch of low IQ folks and others that fake and shake trying to be something they're not. People in Miami don't even like living in Miami. Find me someone happy living in Miami? You think the economy is bad in Cleveland, try Miami. Try finding work in Miami.

Quit watching TV. Miami has the beach and beautiful latin woman and malls. That shit gets old real quick. If you're serious about business, Miami is not the place.

Mac4Lyfe

Cleveland has higher paying jobs and the cost of living is much more affordable than Miami. Housing is more affordable and you have better access to healthcare. Much more technical jobs in Cleveland while Miami is built on tourism. Oil and Gas is about to be a huge boon to Ohio as thousands of new jobs are coming down the pipe. Why do you think I got the hell out of Miami...

http://economy.fizber.com//ohio/cleveland/
    Cleveland, Ohio economic and social conditions

The most actual economic information at Fizber. Investigate the Cleveland, Ohio economic profile at one place. Ohio unemployment rank is only 5.5%, which gives us permission to call Cleveland, Ohio a stable region. With relatively low overall cost of living of 79.3000 points out of 100 with 102.2000 points for food, 94.7750 for health and 99.6250 points for transportation Cleveland, Ohio is an affordable and stable to live in

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

best song ever

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post

best song ever
    Can't see the video. Say's embedded disabled...

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I imagine the bars and the downtown businesses operated in the red until Lebron packed the house 60 nights a year for 7 years.
    Step 1: Open a business and lose money with the hope that a single star athlete will arrive and stay forever.

Step 2: Get rich!

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Can't see the video. Say's embedded disabled...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgA...layer_embedded

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

glad he left

that video postivel cleveland is hilarious. I can show you some scenery that will blow your mind in Iraq.

Cleveland, the actual city limits, is full of rundown buildings. Been 5 years but I can't imagine much renovation since then.
    Last edited by brooks85; 06-22-12 at 03:57 PM.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    glad he left

that video postivel cleveland is hilarious. I can show you some scenery that will blow your mind in Iraq.

Cleveland, the actual city limits, is full of rundown buildings. Been 5 years but I can't imagine much renovation since then.
    Have you ever been to Miami? Hell, Miami is behind Detroit as the worst place to raise a family.

For all the people that bash the city of Cleveland, it's better than crime infested city of Miami. 1 out of 12 residents of Miami will be the victim of a violent crime. Fact...

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Have any of you ever stepped foot in Cleveland ? You'd be shocked if you did. Stop basing your view of a city on 30 year old punch lines.

To address the question of Cavs fan support since Lebron left. They still rank in the top 15 of attendance, and maybe even more importantly, They had the 5th highest TV ratings in the league,all season

Now, as for the comment on Indians fans. It's amazing people even go down there, period. You guys see first place team and assume the place should be rocking. Now, if you were an Indians fan, or had even the slightest bit of knowledge of the situation, you would understand that this owner came in 10 years ago, and completely ripped apart a perennial contender. He let Manny and Thome walk away in their prime, he has traded away 3 Cy Young winners. 2 of them in back to back years (Sabathia,Lee) And they got next to nothing in return. Sabathia and Lee have netted them 1 starting player, and he is average at best. (Michael Brantley) It has been a decade of trading off our best players, not one single significant free agent signing, and penny pinching moves at every corner. This same owner had the audacity to publicly say "When the fans start coming back, I can spend more"

And you expect people to go pack the place every night ? If this was a shitty sports town like Miami, there'd be 500 people down there. not the 20+ K they have been getting.
    this guy knows what's up, so if you don't live in Ohio then STFU about the Indians because you DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. fukkn idiots

i am glad though that when I got into following the 3 big leagues the NBA NFL MLB in 1995 to 96 that the Browns were leaving town, so thankful for that because i had to find a team to root for, so if the Browns never left CLE right when i was starting to follow the NFL seriously... I would be stuck as a Browns fan

i dodged that bullet

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Lotta truths here. Time to let my homerism out tho. Chicago > Cleveland + Miami lol

NY is good too if you can stomach the cost of living, but Chicago's "value" proposition as a big city is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I've lived in Cleveland and Miami and I can tell you emphatically that Miami is a horrible city to live in. Outside of south beach there is NOTHING to do in Miami... Nothing but get carjacked. Half the city is in a foreign language and housing sucks.

Cleveland is a hidden gem. The only thing negative about Cleveland is the winter. There is a ton of stuff to do in Cleveland, much more than Miami. Cleveland has the theater, music, art, science, museums. Miami, not so much. Cleveland has amusement parks, history, medical centers. Miami, not so much. Cleveland has down to earth folks that you can sit down and have a beer with. Miami has a bunch of low IQ folks and others that fake and shake trying to be something they're not. People in Miami don't even like living in Miami. Find me someone happy living in Miami? You think the economy is bad in Cleveland, try Miami. Try finding work in Miami.

Quit watching TV. Miami has the beach and beautiful latin woman and malls. That shit gets old real quick. If you're serious about business, Miami is not the place.

Last edited by reppin_the_847; 06-22-12 at 09:57 PM.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Gilbert focked up

all he had to do was spend on one free agent, and get one draft right, after Lebron.....

Cleveland had no business anyways....They don't deserve winners.

look at the Indians now.... they have a contender and the fans ignore them or are too broke to go to games....

when it was "Jacobs Field" and new, and the economy was booming. They sold out every game...

Larry Hughes did have a huge year before the got him, but they made a bunch of bad moves except for drafting varejeao