Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

NBA revealing bias ? C's comment on 'beat the heat' t-shirt

MIAMI — As if the Boston Celtics need any added motivation heading into tonight's Game 7 against Miami, the C's got an unexpected assist from the NBA.

For a few hours on Friday, there was a link to the NBA.com store in which Oklahoma City Thunder t-shirts were being sold that had the words, 'Beat The Heat,' across the front.

The problem?

Game 7 had yet to be played.

Celtics guard Keyon Dooling said that the team was well aware of the t-shirts.

"Extra motivation" was how he described their impact on the C's heading into tonight's game.

This wasn't the first time the Celtics have gone into a game with added incentive based on an assumption - a tangible assumption - that they had already lost a game they were about to play.

Dooling noted how this Celtics team in many ways is similar to the 1969 C's team that won an NBA title with a Game 7 win at Los Angeles.

"We heard about the great story in the (L.A.) Forum where they had balloons at the top and (Bill) Russell and those guys saw that and used it as motivation," Dooling noted.

Before tip-off of the 1969 Game 7, then-Lakers Jack Kent Cooke put flyers in all the seats indicating that balloons would drop, "when, not if, the Lakers win the title."

The C's got wind of the letter and circulated among themselves.

"I even heard Russell went as far as telling (Lakers great) Jerry West, "see those balloons over there? They're not coming down tonight, not on our watch."

Dooling added, "so we got a little extra motivation."

Snowball

and then you got NBA.com calling for a Heat/Thunder finals in their top editorial
    unreal

For true basketball fans, Heat-Thunder is Finals heaven

Posted Jun 8 2012 7:52PM

MIAMI -- There are certain favors you ask at great, great risk. Such as: Borrow large sums of money. Help move a piano. Take care of your dog that still hasn't gotten the hang of housetraining.
    And root for the Heat.
    This may come off sounding like an anti-Celtics story. But it's not. It's just a simple and direct basketball plea, that's all. A request to the basketball gods to give us Miami vs. Oklahoma City in the NBA Finals, especially after what we've all been through since last summer. Don't you think we deserve it?
    Look. The Celtics, at this point, are many things: Noble, for sure. Proud. Fighters. Gamely geezers. Gritty, determined, resourceful. All that.
    And they're also something else: In the way.
    For the sake of Heat lovers and haters, the Celtics need to step aside Saturday so we can witness a big buildup to an event that just might meet the hype. If the Heat win Saturday, basketball wins.

cont: http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Snowball

FU Stern
    FU Silver

Celtics gonna shoot 65%

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

The fix is in guys

Bet accordingly.....s'all I gotta say.

Snowball

Stern and his Appointed Successor Adam Silver
    both New York high powered attorneys

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Snowball, can we win this fuckkkin game???? i figured if we didn't win game 6 we we're finished...I'm scared

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

bettilhesajoke says theres no such thing as a bias from the league in a game like this

then if the c's shoot lights out and the heat choke he'll say there's no such thing

i really dislike the c's but i already feel sorry for c's backers for the 4th quarter officiating (not that i remotely like the heatards either)

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Not that people should've needed extra convincing in the first place...but by now, not a single person on this planet should bet/believe Celtics are winning this game.

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Stern is such a joke.. So is his little shit helper. Silver.. Bunch of crooked politicians.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    Snowball, can we win this fuckkkin game???? i figured if we didn't win game 6 we we're finished...I'm scared
    actually i never felt good about Game 6.
    This team is psycho. They wanted this.
    They are mental cases.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

prediction- celtics shoot 60% yet Lebron goes to the line 38 times and the heat win by 7.

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

would be so funny if celtics demolish heatles today

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Celtics fans already getting excuses into place. Everyone knows how this game will end and it won't be because the game is rigged, it's because the Heat are better and playing at home, in a game 7 with the best player in the world.

But whatever makes you guys feel better.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

You guys don't honestly believe this is indicative of the NBA rigging games do you? I mean really???? How many championships have you watched where they bust out the T-shirt right after the game? They get them ready for each team, regardless of who wins. If they didn't have the "Beat the Heat" shirt ready by now they wouldn't be able to sell a ton right after this game is over (assuming the POSSIBILITY Miami wins).

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    You guys don't honestly believe this is indicative of the NBA rigging games do you? I mean really???? How many championships have you watched where they bust out the T-shirt right after the game? They get them ready for each team, regardless of who wins. If they didn't have the "Beat the Heat" shirt ready by now they wouldn't be able to sell a ton right after this game is over (assuming the POSSIBILITY Miami wins).
    it's not the fact they were printed, it's the fact they were for sale
    on NBA.com last night which ticks the Celtics off.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

OKC/MIA finals.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami ML allin,

Boston ATS allin,

Under 178.5 allin................

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Two sinister members of the Tribe. They may as well send the NY Knicks to the finals every year and have them win, lol. Silver looks like a horseface and Stern has a fat head.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Stern and his Appointed Successor Adam Silver
    both New York high powered attorneys

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Seeing as all games are fixed, it blows my mind that the NYK and Lakers arent playing in finals. I just dont understand it.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    it's not the fact they were printed, it's the fact they were for sale
    on NBA.com last night which ticks the Celtics off.
    NE did this in 2007 when they were 18-0, they had shirts printed and party flyers in peoples mailboxes already.............how did that turn out? I am leaning C's +8 and ML.