dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

Anyone who claims to be making money betting on basketball is a liar

basketball is the worst sport to bet on. i know a lot of people lost $$$ on the bulls today even if you go on a 5 game winning streak, your just going to end up going on a 5game losing streak and give all that money right back and then some. The book is the only winner when it comes to basketball betting...save your money people and wait for football season to start. stop chasing your loss, your only going to dig yourself deeper in the hole. I hope this message reaches at least 1 person

BrUno0
    BrUno0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

i think playoffs is a lilttle diff, there was one poster in one of the think tank threads who said books gamble on games...i think only some games (?), not all, but usually have a good idea what some lines will draw public or something like thaty. Not positive, would have to reread the thread, but if i'm recalling correctly i truly believe him

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Sorry to rain on your parade. But there are and always will be plenty of people who say the same thing during the football season and say to wait until the nba.

Profits can be made. You have to practice sound money management and accept the high variance that comes in sports betting.

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

You can DEFINITELY make money on NBA. It's my best sport. Check my spreadsheet. 8-1 L9 and 55% on almost 250 picks...Of course you are gonna win 5/lose 5. It's the same in every sport. Money management, picking your spots etc. will help you win LONG-TERM tho. GL man!

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtycash66 View Post
    basketball is the worst sport to bet on. i know a lot of people lost $$$ on the bulls today even if you go on a 5 game winning streak, your just going to end up going on a 5game losing streak and give all that money right back and then some. The book is the only winner when it comes to basketball betting...save your money people and wait for football season to start. stop chasing your loss, your only going to dig yourself deeper in the hole. I hope this message reaches at least 1 person

You're about as bright as a black towel.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

cream rises and boys get the fukk out

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30054

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENSFAN View Post
    You can DEFINITELY make money on NBA. It's my best sport. Check my spreadsheet. 8-1 L9 and 55% on almost 250 picks...Of course you are gonna win 5/lose 5.
    8-1 last 9 means literally nothing. 55% on 250 is solid but there is still more than enough variance that your theoretical true win rate could easily be below the ~53% profit point. simple statistics. it's possible you're a profitable NBA bettor but you offer no compelling argument for the fact. since so few are profitable, it's probably more likely that you're in the break even category if those are the best numbers you can provide

RAVENSFAN

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    cream rises and boys get the fukk out

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

The old if I can't do it then it can't be done.

RAVENSFAN

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    8-1 last 9 means literally nothing. 55% on 250 is solid but there is still more than enough variance that your true win rate could easily be below the 53% profit point. simple statistics. it's FACTUAL you're a profitable NBA bettor THIS YEAR but you offer no compelling argument for the fact
    FYP. I agree it's not outstanding overall, nor does the last 9 mean anything. Just saying he was complaining about NBA playoffs/NBA and I am doing well in the playoffs so far and have had a great season. It IS possible to be profitable on a season as many have proven. 250 picks is a small sample still but not unrealistic for a season's worth of bets.

RAVENSFAN

Also blanko, I don't really think your argument is very compelling either....variance can go both ways....I could EASILY be 57% just as EASILY as I could be 53%.

RAVENSFAN

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    8-1 last 9 means literally nothing. 55% on 250 is solid but there is still more than enough variance that your theoretical true win rate could easily be below the ~53% profit point. simple statistics. it's possible you're a profitable NBA bettor but you offer no compelling argument for the fact. since so few are profitable, it's probably more likely that you're in the break even category if those are the best numbers you can provide
    How am I broke even if I am 55% and +21 units?

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I'm 48-26 regular season, 16-9 on 2 teamers, and 6-10 on 3 teamers. Parlays are for idiots I understand, but I guess I've been lucky this season and sadly I love the action. I started with $1200 and have cashed out just under $2000 in profit so far. But I see ur point as last year I was down $800 on the year, so I guess in the end it balances out. My #1 problem is money management, seem to win the bets I bet less on and lose the bigger ones just shootin myself in the foot, I'm pretty sure I could actually turn a small longtime profit if I wasn't greedy.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

i totally agree.....nba is the hardest but anything can be done