Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Why doesn't the NBA reseed like everyone else??

The NBA doesn't reseed teams so if Philly wins their series then they'll play the Atlanta/Boston winner while the #2 Heat play the #3 Pacers. It doesn't seem fair to have the 4/5 winner play an 8 to make the Eastern finals and I'd like to see my Pacers get homecourt for another round but it is what it is. Pacers aren't that good but why should Boston or Atlanta get homecourt 2nd round while the Pacers could win 1st round and not have homecourt?

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    The NBA doesn't reseed teams so if Philly wins their series then they'll play the Atlanta/Boston winner while the #2 Heat play the #3 Pacers. It doesn't seem fair to have the 4/5 winner play an 8 to make the Eastern finals and I'd like to see my Pacers get homecourt for another round but it is what it is. Pacers aren't that good but why should Boston or Atlanta get homecourt 2nd round while the Pacers could win 1st round and not have homecourt?
    The 4/5 seed 99% of the time should not be playing the 8... they will usually be playing the 1. just like if somehow the knicks beat the heat, then your pacers will have home court in the 2nd round.