t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Boston again in Philly

Stay aboard the fade train with the 76ers. Boston will continue to be an up and down team. Right now they are on an upswing. I know a lot of people think they will be a bad play coming off an OT game tonight but Philly should not be giving Boston 5.5 here. That is a joke and I am not buying it one bit.

Tomorrow night is a full slate. Going to take a hard look at these games and decide what I like.

DO NOT TAKE THE 76ERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I'm taking the Sixers. More so to fade Boston on a b2b (not really about OT). Judging by the line, books like Philly as well.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    I'm taking the Sixers. More so to fade Boston on a b2b (not really about OT). Judging by the line, books like Philly as well.
    Now is not a good time to back Philly. They typically give Boston a tough game but that is always as the underdog.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Celtics are probably the worst team ever on a road B2B

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Celtics are probably the worst team ever on a road B2B
    agreed but I would be hesitant to fade these guys over the next week or two.

This period is make or break for their season.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    agreed but I would be hesitant to fade these guys over the next week or two.

This period is make or break for their season.
    Agreed.

demens
    Square -910

Celtics have lost (ats) 4 in a row on b2b (1-3 su), they were ok earlier in the season but i think they are pure fade material for the rest of the year. They are picking up some momentum with this win streak but these are tough close games they are winning, they are not really playing lights out. I dont think this period is make or break for them cause they have enough breathing room to get into the playoffs, noone is catching them and thats all that matters. I dont think they care about seeding as they will have to face Chicago/Heat at some point anyway if they plan on going far, maybe even better to get them early.

Philly is slumping for sure, lost a bunch in a row to 500+ teams at home. They are too good to continue that trend imo, and this is a good spot for a win. Line is damn high for a slumping team as well.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    Celtics have lost (ats) 4 in a row on b2b (1-3 su), they were ok earlier in the season but i think they are pure fade material for the rest of the year. They are picking up some momentum with this win streak but these are tough close games they are winning, they are not really playing lights out. I dont think this period is make or break for them cause they have enough breathing room to get into the playoffs, noone is catching them and thats all that matters. I dont think they care about seeding as they will have to face Chicago/Heat at some point anyway if they plan on going far, maybe even better to get them early.

Philly is slumping for sure, lost a bunch in a row to 500+ teams at home. They are too good to continue that trend imo, and this is a good spot for a win. Line is damn high for a slumping team as well.
    And yet the public is still going to be hung up on the philly from the early part of the season. I don't know what the public percentages will be but I bet you there will be plenty of philly backers.

Tomasaurus
    Tomasaurus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7965

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    And yet the public is still going to be hung up on the philly from the early part of the season. I don't know what the public percentages will be but I bet you there will be plenty of philly backers.
    I would think that the reason the public will be on philly would be because the celtics are total dog shit as oppose to being because people are in love with philly

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Sorry, I cant buy this. I'm likely fading Boston tomorrow.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not having faith in the Celtics is one thing, but betting the Sixers, laying -5/-5.5 is not smart here. I'm on the fence regarding the Celtics in this game, as I expect Philly to come out swinging early.

Speedy88

Philly 1H may be a really good bet tomorrow. Philly tends to come out fast and early. And their rested legs could really jump on the Celtics fatigued legs. Then you also avoid the massive Philly 4th quarter collapse.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Public can get the C's at +5 and you think they'll be on the Sixers? Doubt it.

panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

Im going boston ML tomorrow.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Public can get the C's at +5 and you think they'll be on the Sixers? Doubt it.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Philly has no closers.
    They always lose close games in the end.
    I cannot pick a side, here.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Speedy88s Philly 1H play.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

I disagree, this one could get real ugly, 15 pt win wouldnt surprise me.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

I like Efes Anadolu to cover -10 against Hacettepe (TBL Turkey) more than this Phila pick

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Take Philly. Should be a blowout. Celtics have not won a road game, on the 2nd day of a b2b, in about two years.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Take Philly. Should be a blowout. Celtics have not won a road game, on the 2nd day of a b2b, in about two years.
    They won a b2b road game in Philly last year in December. Still like Philly tho bc that Boston team was playing a lot better at that point than this one is.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I was exaggerating, but those wins do come rarely.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Boston has a habit of playing total stinkers on the road when the timing is right. Like the timing when they laid an egg in Toronto and got blown out from the opening tip playing half speed after playing the Lakers the night before ( i talked about how the crappy Raptors would win that one). Also getting blown out in New Orleans the night after playing Miami. Playing half speed yet again and giving the game away without a care in the world right from the opening tipoff.

Boston has won 5 in a row ( 4 of them at home). And they play a rested and "young" hungry Sixers team on the road on a b2b (sixers lost 2 in a row to the Bulls and Bucks and will be ready for Boston you can be sure of that). I don't see the Celtics wanting to run with the young legs of the Sixers in Philly. The Celtics won 5 in a row after the all star break, and after losing 4 in a row right before the all-star break. I see the C's loafing tomorrow night with another half ass effort preparing to play Portland at home 2 nights later.

Also, watch out for the 17th when Boston travels to Denver on a b2b. Easy money there. Also go for the athletic Clippers next week against the Celtics, a night after the Celtics give it their all against their rival Lakers on their west coast swing..

Last month Boston got totally creamed by almost 20 pts in Dallas on a b2b. Lost by 10 to the bulls on the road in a b2b. Got their asses kicked in Toronto on the road on a b2b losing by DD... etc

This is a condensed season and the old fogies on Boston pick their spots to show up. They just won 5 in a row, mostly on a 4-game home stand. They are coming off an overtime victory and travelling to play a young athletic talented team that's hungry for a win. This is a spot Boston usually decides to play half ass. I am going 1u on Sixers 1st Q and another u on Sixers 1st half. If they don't cover the half, I'm going double on sixers 2nd half at halftime. That's when you'll see the old legs on Boston show their effects after an overtime win tonight

It has to be Philly or no bet for this one.

the Celtics are a team that defines the term "situational betting"
    Last edited by PR9; 03-07-12 at 02:02 AM.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Boston has a habit of playing total stinkers on the road when the timing is right. Like the timing when they laid an egg in Toronto and got blown out from the opening tip playing half speed ( i talked about how the crappy Raptors would win that one) Also getting blown out in New Orleans the night after playing Miami. Playing half speed yet again and giving the game away without a care in the world right from the opening tipoff.

Boston has won 5 in a row ( 4 of them at home). And they play a well rested and "young" hungry Sixers team on the road on a b2b (sixers lost 2 in a row to the Bulls and Bucks and will be ready for Boston you can be sure of that). I don't see the Celtics wanting to run with the young legs of the Sixers in Philly. The Celtics won 5 in a row after the all star break, and after losing 4 in a row right before the all-star break. I see the C's loafing tomorrow night with another half ass effort preparing to play Portland at home 2 nights later.

Also, watch out for the 17th when Boston travels to Denver on a b2b. Easy money there. Also go for the athletic Clippers next week against the Celtics, a night after the Celtics give it their all against their rival Lakers on their west coast swing..

This is a condensed season and the old fogies on Boston pick their spots to show up. They just won 5 in a row, mostly on a 4-game home stand. They are coming off an overtime victory and travelling to play a young athletic talented team that's hungry for a win. This is a spot Boston usually decides to play half ass. I am going 1u on Sixers 1st Q and another u on Sixers 1st half. If they don't cover the half, I'm going double on sixers 2nd half at halftime. That's when you'll see the old legs on Boston show their effects after an overtime win tonight

Good to have you back PR, where have you been? Agreed with pretty much everything you've said. I love fading Boston on the road on b2b's, almost as much as I love fading the garbage Lakers on the road.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Good to have you back PR, where have you been? Agreed with pretty much everything you've said. I love fading Boston on the road on b2b's, almost as much as I love fading the garbage Lakers on the road.
    I'm just making around 5 bets a night on NBA (including halves, quarters). Mostly posting on covers as there's more discussion there (had mavs tonight posted there etc etc). I haven't been playing NBA as much lately as I usually do just because I've been concentrating on NCAA tournament season making a killing there. College hoops has been fukking great the past couple weeks and I'm usually on covers ncaa forum, lately

Speedy88

I'm just making around 5 bets a night on NBA (including halves, quarters). Mostly posting on covers as there's more discussion there (had mavs tonight posted there etc etc). I haven't been playing NBA as much lately as I usually do just because I've been concentrating on NCAA tournament season making a killing there. College hoops has been fukking great the past couple weeks and I'm usually on covers ncaa forum, lately
    Yeah I just started posting at covers the other day because of the low activity here on SBR. Ever since the "remodel" here on SBR, there has been way less traffic. Good luck the rest of the way, I'm looking forward to the tournament as well.

This is the best part of the year, Conference Tournaments, then March Madness, and then NBA Playoffs.

demens
    Square -910

54-46% philly so far, pretty even split and line up to -6 now. I gotta go check how these teams do in 1H, i remember last Boston b2b vs the Bucks at home, and Boston totally blew the 1st half, came back to win it but did not cover. Maybe 1H play would be smart here.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stay aboard the fade train with the 76ers. Boston will continue to be an up and down team. Right now they are on an upswing. I know a lot of people think they will be a bad play coming off an OT game tonight but Philly should not be giving Boston 5.5 here. That is a joke and I am not buying it one bit.

Tomorrow night is a full slate. Going to take a hard look at these games and decide what I like.

DO NOT TAKE THE 76ERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
    Agree with your assumption but will probably layoff of it..............

shawnjohn5
    Always looking for a local!
    shawnjohn5's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are taking this game, take the under fella's.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11186

I'm on an epic losing streak so I'm fading myself here and taking the 76ers...

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Got 76ers 1st half. Looking good.

PR9

Boston has a habit of playing total stinkers on the road when the timing is right. Like the timing when they laid an egg in Toronto and got blown out from the opening tip playing half speed after playing the Lakers the night before ( i talked about how the crappy Raptors would win that one). Also getting blown out in New Orleans the night after playing Miami. Playing half speed yet again and giving the game away without a care in the world right from the opening tipoff.

Boston has won 5 in a row ( 4 of them at home). And they play a rested and "young" hungry Sixers team on the road on a b2b (sixers lost 2 in a row to the Bulls and Bucks and will be ready for Boston you can be sure of that). I don't see the Celtics wanting to run with the young legs of the Sixers in Philly. The Celtics won 5 in a row after the all star break, and after losing 4 in a row right before the all-star break. I see the C's loafing tomorrow night with another half ass effort preparing to play Portland at home 2 nights later.

Last month Boston got totally creamed by almost 20 pts in Dallas on a b2b. Lost by 10 to the bulls on the road in a b2b. Got their asses kicked in Toronto on the road on a b2b losing by DD... etc

1st Q easy money

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

PR9 nice call!!! 76ers 1st half going to hit too.

Speedy88

1H easy money! Some pissed I hedged my ticket for the entire game though. Got a little scared when I saw all the rotation shake ups for Phili. OH well, I'll take the the 1H cash!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

12 Last