cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Monday 3/2/09

Well first off, I would like to address the readers of this thread and the CK Mafia. I have been inundated with a ton of emails and PM's with people asking me just what the hell is going on. Why am I using the plays of others, why am I making more wagers than usual, where's my NBA swagger that I had before our trip to NCAA threadland, am I studying as much as I used to. Well the truth of the fact is that most nights now I am doing a lot of research on potential teams that will be playing in the NCAA Tournament, as well as trying to peep the baseball scene, which is incredibly mixed up right now. So far I like the Cardinals to win their division and to cash mega tickets this year. Of all the teams that i am researching, they seem to have the moest upside outside of the Dodgers if they sign Manny Ramirez. The Yanks and Rangers look to be a great teams to take the team total over on, and the San Francisco Giants are shaping up to be the best under team, as well as to take the under the team total for the 1st half (5 innings) ofthe opposition. With Randy Johnson in the fold, they can't miss for quick starts to their games. For the Tournament, I like Xavier, Memphis (to take it all) and Tennessee Martin to advance out of the 1st round, and I think that Washington will NOT make it out of the first round.

At any rate, I am no longer going to feature picks from others, although I did like Dexters' spin yesterday of putting a consensus on the plays of no tailers here. Good idea.

I apologize for my lack of focus the past couple of weeks. I have kind of fallen into te comfort zone just playing Secret Plays (which are killing the books right now) and JM plays (hitting at almost an untouchable streak except for the Raptors, lol), and not putting my full attention into my picks. Although I am funning it up, i have to be aware at all time s that there are people out there who are tailing me and would appreciate my hard work and consideration to be put into my work. II will get things back on the right foot with ease. I have put my full attention on the NBA last night so these two picks are sure to gt the job done. In the future I will put more into my picks and make write ups during the day, time permitting. With such a short board for tomorrow the pickins' will be slim. But for right now, I like these two teams for Monday's hardwood action.

Philly-1.5 (hook buy)
    Heat+4
    Spurs-8
    Baylor+8
    Last edited by cocknocker; 03-02-09 at 01:50 PM.

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice to see your input on your leans ck, I know I as well as others are appreciative. I agree with you on philly but could you explain miami?

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK,
    Do what you need to do homes.
    We need you on your a-game for the tournament, you crushed in NFL, and bowl games.
    The mad scientist is hard at work in the lab let ck have his air and leave him alone!!!!!

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

early leans

miami has done alright as a home dog against some contenders this year, with SU victories against the lakers and magic. Lebron rolls in off a stolen victory that sets him up for a let down against D-Wade, who you KNOW will be lighting it up. You know that the cavs will again be the public favorite here, but i'll take my 4 and sprinkle some ML

MIA +4/ML

The sixers have vengence on the mind against NO and are coming off a sour loss against the magic on national TV that was theirs until a 4th quarter collapse. They should take that out on the horny's who are on a back to back and should come out slothful after that poor 2nd half in which they let the nets climb back in for a back door cover. Should be a good game, but early line movement in favor of philly and the public will want NO.

PHI -1.5

still tenative:

I know durant is questionable for this game and the thunder have no desire to rush their star back to salvage a .250 season. but the thunder are building a team around him as well, led by young superstars in the making russell westbrook and jeff green. line opened up a half point below the key number making me think the books are encouraging an early influx of dallas money to keep the sharps from running game via the thunder.

OKC +5.5

(don't like MLing them, since they are a losing ball club, i prefer to take advantage of their great ATS record and leave it at that)

need to see the number here, but unless it's absurdly low, i'm really liking the under in the spurs clips game. Both teams coaches preach defense, and the spurs are prone to offensive lapses on back to backs while the clippers are prone to offensive lapses any time they step on the court, especially against solid defenses. Zach randolph should have fits trying to get around timmy, while the rest of the clippers will struggle to create their own shots. I really don't see the clippers winning this one, but i really expect the number in this one to be a little larger than i really want to trust the spurs with in a back to back here. (6 to 8 ish i'm guessing).

under 183 (guess)

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday 3/2-

the cavs will be on a btb (off a 48 minute hard fought win) and their 4th game in 5 nights vs a heat team who was off on sunday. miami has also won 3 of the last 4 su in mia vs the cavs. projected line of +4.

heat (big)

peetlui
    peetlui's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad you're on Philly Ck because that was my initial lean....helps to reinforce it but I will study further. No need to apologize to anyone for your busy schedule ...it is what it is we all have other lives outside of this thread. Lol I'm sure Dex can attest to the fact that maintaining this thread is a monumental undertaking, especially day in and day out. Every once in a while you need to step back and catch your breadth.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats what i like to see....wang and ck (2 of the best nba cappers around) on the heat with me.

lets get it. good to have you back ck...no more playing others plays - i like that. just hit us up with them pc plays just like the good ole days -

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good to see you back CK. I'm not having a good start this March and would need the help of you and the Mafia to get back on the winning track wagering-wise.

line: ah@ww+4.5
    pick: ah-4.5

Trends:

- The Hawks are a decent 17-14 ATS on the road this season.
    - The Wizards are 18-27 ATS as underdogs this season.
    - The Wizards are 12-19 ATS at home this season.
    - The Wizards are 2-10 ATS against division opponents this season.
    - The Wizards are 16-26 ATS when revenging a loss this season.
    - Head to head, the Hawks are 5-0 in the last 3 seasons.

Keys to a Hawks cover:

1. Hawks are healthy.
    2. Hawks lost by a squeaker today and will be seeing red tomorrow.
    3. Hawks are #4 in the east and holds a slim lead over Miami.
    4. Wizards have yet to win ATS against teams above 0.500 this 2nd half of the season.
    5. Wizards are at last place in the east and looks forward in staying there to get a shot at Ricky Rubio.

schaapattack
    schaapattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best NBA play tomorrow is 76ers -2

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Got to agree with you, wangchiu. OKC is 4-0-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings with Dallas and they did take them to overtime the other day without Durant for virtually the entire game. FYI, Durant is out for sure tomorrow. They said he might miss up to a month. The public will be all over the Mavs but I think this is a great spot for the Thunder as Dallas is on a back to back and this will be their 5th game in 7 days. OKC +5.5 for me as well but might wait it out to see if it goes up.

The UNDER between the 76ers and Hornets is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. Average spreads have been set around 189 while the scores have averaged around 178. Also, the UNDER is actually 4-1 in the last 4 meetings in Philly. I know the 76ers want to run but the Hornets will definitely try to control the tempo with this being the tail end of a back to back and their 5th game in 8 days too. Going with the UNDER 189.5 tomorrow.

pho3nix32

miami and philly looks good early on....what's your lean shoe?

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

My lean for tomorrow will be the Wizards+4.5. I like the fact that the Hawks just played the Cavs close and won't get any rest. They have to leave right away for DC. They may get in late because of the storm. They are on a back to back and their fifth game in eight days, third game in five nights.
    I know Washington sucks but they had a day off and probably a light day of practice because of the weather. I know this may not bold well for a cella dwella but at least they can play a whole game and have enough to power past Atlanta or stay close.
    Atlanta is also on a three game road trip with stops in DC, NY, and Cha. Can't see them pressing in the first game with the Knicks and Bobbies waiting. I am thinking they play hard but finish this trip 1 and 2. They are not a good road team. Atlanta is 1-2 on the road as favorites laying points 3.5-6 points and Washington is 4-2 vice versa.

Sorry Pho3nix we are not on the same side.

pho3nix32

nice writeup adabarber, we will have a healthy competion tomorrow then

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pho3nix32 View Post
    miami and philly looks good early on....what's your lean shoe?
    I dont see anyreason not to..........Both opponents on b2b, cavs historically struggle in Miami........Philly might just run em out of the gym, there lack of defense worries me though.........

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry CK, didn't mean to call you out in yesterdays thread, I was just trying to say that I miss the days from earlier in the season when you would have those lengthy NBA write ups, which honestly were really helping the development of my capping. But in no way was I trying to impose any ideas on what you should be doing with your time or what sport you should be focusing on with your betting. Just wanted to make that clear.

Having said that, I came over here to post up my early leans and it seems all my favorite cappers are on the same teams (CK, Dex, wang). Don't know what I can add that hasn't already been said.

Miami +4 - Catching the Cavs on their 4th game in 5 nights, which were all on the road. Tonight definitely used most of Cleveland's energy up. Heat have played well at home since the break and D-Wade will be fired up for this game. Miami is also bringing in some serious momentum and confidence from the 4th quarter comeback against rival NY.
    Philadelphia -2 - Philly will be hungry after progressively playing better over the course of their road trip, only to let one slip away in the 4th quarter against Orlando at home 2 nights ago. The Hornets come in 0-5 ATS in their last 5 and on the tail end of a b2b where they barely squeaked out a win vs. the Nets. This will be a close game but down the stretch, the home team will benefit from the Hornets tired legs.

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

I already registered with Crazy Lou for the NCAA Bracket contest. Should be interesting, especially with the Machine and TPowell going for it. For some reason though I am at my best when in some type of post season. I hope to do the CK Mafia proud. I think that I am good and ready.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7942

i like the heat and the spurs tomorrow. san antonio will get it together after the embarrassments faced against cleveland and in portland. they're too well coached to allow another team to take advantage of them not looking, and tim duncan's minute mixing will be corrected against the clippers. spurs have a favorable history over the clippers. baron davis' big ass will have his hands full with tony parker. spurs -??.

pho3nix32

goodluck in the tourney CK!

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Nothing to it Pho3nix. Best of luck to you. I hate putting money on the Wizzles but having the President courtside and getting a win does wonders for a youngster's confidence. And we know the Wizzles have a lot of those. I won't go big but I am trying to cap my own games and trust myself. I did well with my picks yesterday. That gave me a little boost.

Booked
    Miami+4
    Washington+4.5
    My Philly line has already moved a half of a point. Will wait to see.

texhooper

ck, you like my tigers to win it all? am i reading you correctly?

i started feeling that way after the uab win. but i try not to look that far ahead. i DAMN SURE hope you're right. i'm really tired of seeing highlights of mario chalmers' ridiculous shot and how kansas snatched that game right out from underneath us.

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by AdaBarber View Post
    Nothing to it Pho3nix. Best of luck to you. I hate putting money on the Wizzles but having the President courtside and getting a win does wonders for a youngster's confidence. And we know the Wizzles have a lot of those. I won't go big but I am trying to cap my own games and trust myself. I did well with my picks yesterday. That gave me a little boost.

Booked
    Miami+4
    Washington+4.5
    My Philly line has already moved a half of a point. Will wait to see.
    BOL to you too. You did a nice job with the pacers pick today.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i like the heat and the spurs tomorrow. san antonio will get it together after the embarrassments faced against cleveland and in portland. they're too well coached to allow another team to take advantage of them not looking, and tim duncan's minute mixing will be corrected against the clippers. spurs have a favorable history over the clippers. baron davis' big ass will have his hands full with tony parker. spurs -??.
    I am with you on this one. I hate it for the Spurs during practice tomorrow!

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

BOL to you too. You did a nice job with the pacers pick today.
    Thank you, kind sir!

peetlui
    peetlui's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Orleans is only 3-12 lately as an underdog and they've only covered 2 out of their last 10 ATS. The line has jumped from 1.5 to 2.5 in Philly's favor and rightfully so imo. At home and with revenge I say Philly gets it done.

texhooper

ada, awesome, let's get em bro.

pop will be saying words that haven't even been invented yet at practice tomorrow!

nonsense48
    nonsense48's Avatar Become A Pro!

booked:
    phil.76ers-2.5
    atl.hawks-4.5
    good luck everyone

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense48 View Post
    booked:
    phil.76ers-2.5
    atl.hawks-4.5
    good luck everyone
    nice to see you have the hawks as well non

nonsense48

after losing to clev today like the hawks did, the hawks will be hot as fire pissed off and they're going to take it out on the poor wiz. they'll be b/b but it's not a far travel for them.

bumppinee
    bumppinee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1384

I'm leaning towards the under in the oklahoma/dallas game, last score was 108 to 110 for a total of 218, the line was set at 209, 28 of those points came in overtime, so the regulation score was 190, last game played in oklahoma between the two teams the total went under. add in the factor that durant is out and dallas is coming off a btb the under looks good.

nonsense48

pho, have faith my friend. the hawks cover this one with ease.

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense48 View Post
    pho, have faith my friend. the hawks cover this one with ease.
    besides bibby's flu, i dont think there should be any problem for the hawks to cover this line.

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

ATL-4, PHI -2, NMXST -6

The PHI pick has been well documented already along w/ ATL by Pho. Also going w/ New Mexico St small.

NMXST is 4-1 in their last 5 overall and 12-3 at home. Boise St. conversely is 1-4 in their last 5 overall and 5-8 on the road and have lost the last 3 ATS on the road.

nonsense48

Good nite all. Type to you later.

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

i'd would stay away from the atl. hawks... 83% of the public so far on atl and they wont get into their hotel rooms till early morning... snow storm on the east coast... so far im totally down w/ the miami pick.. cleve. has a division game next and then plays boston... randolph for the clippers will not play vs. the spurs monday night
    Last edited by danrman; 03-02-09 at 01:25 AM.

handimann
    handimann's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good to see you back CK. I'm not having a good start this March and would need the help of you and the Mafia to get back on the winning track wagering-wise.

line: ah@ww+4.5
    pick: ah-4.5

Trends:

- The Hawks are a decent 17-14 ATS on the road this season.
    - The Wizards are 18-27 ATS as underdogs this season.
    - The Wizards are 12-19 ATS at home this season.
    - The Wizards are 2-10 ATS against division opponents this season.
    - The Wizards are 16-26 ATS when revenging a loss this season.
    - Head to head, the Hawks are 5-0 in the last 3 seasons.

Keys to a Hawks cover:

1. Hawks are healthy.
    2. Hawks lost by a squeaker today and will be seeing red tomorrow.
    3. Hawks are #4 in the east and holds a slim lead over Miami.
    4. Wizards have yet to win ATS against teams above 0.500 this 2nd half of the season.
    5. Wizards are at last place in the east and looks forward in staying there to get a shot at Ricky Rubio.
    is ricky rubio coming out this draft? i thought he was waiting until next year. damn the suns will have to try to trade up then. but i still have hope in dragic. i like how gentry's been playing him a lot.

1234 ... Last