kaos11
    kaos11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma City Thunder (-1) vs Memphis Grizzlies

OKC is hot @ 2-0 while Grizzlies not looking at all like how they did in playoffs. Griz got destroyed by San Antonio mon night, the team they beat last playoffs in 6 games. Thunder beat Griz last playoffs in 7 games, but only won 1 out of 3 in memphis. Memphis has home court advantage but OKC is the better team right now and at only -1, they just need to win. Good team + low spread= Good value play

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Huge Thunder fan that attends games from time to time.

Horrible spot for the Thunder. I think the Grizzlies win straight up. Thunder are 2-0 and will not be as hungry as Memphis.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

playoff revenge for griz..

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I like Thunder too, much more mature team this year.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    I like Thunder too, much more mature team this year.
    How do we know that after two games?

I think the Thunder are the better team but I don't like the spot for them. Memphis is coming off of a bad loss and will be hungry in their home opener.

On the other side, OKC is 2-0 and one their first game on the road. I don't feel like they will want this game as bad as Memphis. Memphis is a good team and is at home. I like Memphis in this spot.

Betting isn't always about taking the better team. This will be a really tough game for OKC. I wouldn't be surprised to see Memphis win pretty comfortably.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14022

cardinal rule in betting sports/if it looks too good lay off/lakers tonite best bet of entire week/did anyone really think they would be 0-3 having absol. owned jazz for years /okc. being only -1 vs memphis says grizzlies/hey lions are -3.5 vs. green bay/what does that say/

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

3 game in 4 nights? Playing on the road in Fedex Forum can be scary for road team backers. Esp when you have to lay points. Gotta consider home opener also. Other factors too that i used, but

Grizzlies +1 here.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Wont be easy, they barely escaped the T-Wolves. Memphis plays well at home, nobody comes through there without a tough time when their healthy. I think Im gonna take Memphis but gonna wait a little while, line will move a little in Thunder favor.

kaos11

line inched upward to okc -1.5

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

to add to what bigdofba said, as i agree with all of that, this is also a potential lookahead spot for the thunder who have the mavs at home on thursday. i guarantee you they want that game a lot more than the one over the team they already feel like they have a leg up on after last year's playoffs. it's about motivation.

i am holding memphis +1 and think they will close as the favorites here.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I like the Grizz. They play tough at home. I made a lot of money on the Grizz at home in the playoffs last year. Crowd will be hyped for the home opener. And they'll be hungry to get that first win.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8502

Grizz looked completely out of sync against the spurs and with Gay back, they seemed to forget what got them so far last year and that was riding a hot Zach in the post. I won't touch this grizz team strictly based on last years run until they figure out who they are going to be this season. As good as Gay is, his offense needs to come from the inside-out post game they had with Zach and Gasol. If they go away from that and try to ride Gay as the first option like they were in the first game, they lose their identity and won't be nearly as good this year IMO. He might avg 20+ a game but that won't equate to wins. Plus Zach looked like he hadn't touched a basketball all offseason which wasn't a good thing.

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    Grizz looked completely out of sync against the spurs and with Gay back, they seemed to forget what got them so far last year and that was riding a hot Zach in the post. I won't touch this grizz team strictly based on last years run until they figure out who they are going to be this season. As good as Gay is, his offense needs to come from the inside-out post game they had with Zach and Gasol. If they go away from that and try to ride Gay as the first option like they were in the first game, they lose their identity and won't be nearly as good this year IMO. He might avg 20+ a game but that won't equate to wins. Plus Zach looked like he hadn't touched a basketball all offseason which wasn't a good thing.
    Grizzlies dont get up for away games, i knew it but for some reason i still bet them vs the spurs, i know theyre beast at home. They are also playing an OKC team playing 3 outta 4 days and last day before going home to play mavericks on TNT. Revenge factor with the crowd jumping. I took it at +1, but looks like i shoulda waited

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29982

don't like either side but do like over 194.5. grizzlies 82 pt game vs the spurs doesn't scare me that much, they can put up plenty of points here and obviously OKC scores a lot and has a tendency towards high scoring games

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Grizz ML
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

kaos11

Randolph, gay, gasol, conley managed only 53 points against spurs. okc durant and westbrook avg 52 points between them. add in hardin who averages 17 points and that will neglect randolph having a hot day. okc averages 100.5 points per game compared to memphis 82 points against spurs. okc is a scoring machine.

i don't buy the 3 games in 4 days for okc, look at lakers, who b2b2b and still managed to out hustle the jazz. Both okc and memphis had the night off so fatigue is a non factor.

mikea33
    Why Canucks, why?
    mikea33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

on okc.........all they need to do is win, there young and hungry.

kaos11

closer than expected, but okc did lead most of the game and was the better team even with westbrook having a horrible game. A hot kevin durant and OKC @ only -1, this bet was a clear value play. On a side note, spurs a very under-rated team, clearly age is not affecting them.