will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

CP3 and Billups are a poor combination

Both are very gifted and intelligent but I don't think that they'll mesh well together. CP3 really blew it when not becoming a New York Knick. He would be the perfect fit. Mike Bibby is a has been.

Dallas is the team to beat. I like the long odds and the addition of Odom is fantastic. Expect Lamar to have a huge season. Can you imagine this 6 foot 10 guy taking the ball court length and setting Dirk up? It's going to be amazing

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Maybe your boy Tebow will be in the celebrity section after he kicks Aaron Rodgers ass in the Super Bowl

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

he wants to play for a contender..honestly....clippers are a way better team than knicks now.

jimmy snuka
    jimmy snuka's Avatar Become A Pro!

terrible comobo they wont win

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Both are very gifted and intelligent but I don't think that they'll mesh well together. CP3 really blew it when not becoming a New York Knick. He would be the perfect fit. Mike Bibby is a has been. Dallas is the team to beat. I like the long odds and the addition of Odom is fantastic. Expect Lamar to have a huge season. Can you imagine this 6 foot 10 guy taking the ball court length and setting Dirk up? It's going to be amazing
    Getting Lamar doesn't nearly make up for the fact that they lost Chandler. Defense wins championships in the NBA, and Chandler was a huge reason why that defense was so good. If they were to make the finals this season, the Heat would stomp them. The way things are sitting now though, it's going to be Oklahoma City taking that Finals spot for the West.

Also, CP3 wanted to be a Knick, but that wasn't a realistic option. They had absolutely nothing to trade for him, and he knew it. So i don't think it's fair to say he blew it. It wasn't his fault that the Knicks didn't have enough to trade for him.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Getting Lamar doesn't nearly make up for the fact that they lost Chandler. Defense wins championships in the NBA, and Chandler was a huge reason why that defense was so good. If they were to make the finals this season, the Heat would stomp them. The way things are sitting now though, it's going to be Oklahoma City taking that Finals spot for the West.

Also, CP3 wanted to be a Knick, but that wasn't a realistic option. They had absolutely nothing to trade for him, and he knew it. So i don't think it's fair to say he blew it. It wasn't his fault that the Knicks didn't have enough to trade for him.

OKC is going to be fierce. Kendrick Perkins dropped 32 pounds. The only thing that I disagree with is that Lamar can "D up" against the best. He can play any position and is a far superior player than Chandler. He wasn't wanted in LA and will have something to prove.

Where CP3 is concerned, New Orleans was dying to get rid of him in fear of free agency next year without the highest level of compensation.

Tree Rollins

This is my best guess, the way things sit today, as to how the West will look heading into the playoffs, . The schedule will definitely benefit the young teams.

1. OKC
    2. Dallas
    3. Memphis
    4. Clippers
    5. Lakers (there will be so much turmoil with this team having to deal with trade rumors all season. And they're old guys playing in a shortened season)
    6. Nuggets
    7. Portland
    8. Spurs

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

This is my best guess, the way things sit today, as to how the West will look heading into the playoffs, . The schedule will definitely benefit the young teams.

1. OKC
    2. Dallas
    3. Memphis
    4. Clippers
    5. Lakers (there will be so much turmoil with this team having to deal with trade rumors all season. And they're old guys playing in a shortened season)
    6. Nuggets
    7. Portland
    8. Spurs

I like the list but Dallas is a veteran club that's slightly ahead of the Thunder at the present time. The Thunder have a huge future ahead of them. I would like to see Durant put on some weight. Westbrook is a warrior. IF THE THUNDER COULD GET JEFF GREEN BACK, I'D SAY THAT THEY'RE NUMBER 1

Tree Rollins

OKC is going to be fierce. Kendrick Perkins dropped 32 pounds. The only thing that I disagree with is that Lamar can "D up" against the best. He can play any position and is a far superior player than Chandler. He wasn't wanted in LA and will have something to prove.

Where CP3 is concerned, New Orleans was dying to get rid of him in fear of free agency next year without the highest level of compensation.
    Not questioning Lamar's D. And he is a much better offensive player then Chandler. But i think you are underestimating how important Tyson Chandler is on defense. He totally dominated the area around the rim defensively for the Mavericks in the playoffs. A guy who is that tall and athletic, roaming around the middle blocking shots, contesting everything, snatching up rebounds, and bringing overall toughness is something Lamar won't be able to touch. The Mavs will be able to put up a lot of points, and be very versatile offensively, but who is going to be there to shut down guys like Wade and Lebron when they beat their man and come charging toward the hoop? Chandler was that guy, Brendan Haywood isn't. And Lamar Odom definitely isn't. As a Laker fan, my only real complaint about Lamar is that he's soft. The Mavs had a soft rep for most of last season and Chandler is the biggest reason that changed.

And as far as CP3, the Hornets knew they had to trade him. They're trying to sell that team and there's no way you let him walk in free agency with nothing in return. They were just playing hardball, but always knew they had no option but to trade him.

Tree Rollins

I like the list but Dallas is a veteran club that's slightly ahead of the Thunder at the present time. The Thunder have a huge future ahead of them. I would like to see Durant put on some weight. Westbrook is a warrior. IF THE THUNDER COULD GET JEFF GREEN BACK, I'D SAY THAT THEY'RE NUMBER 1
    I would argue that it's actually a good thing Green left b/c it opens up more time for Harden. Don't forget how good Harden is. He was a totally different player after the all-star break last season. All-around, he was better then Westbrook in the playoffs. He makes such good decisions. Definitely the smartest player in OKC. He can stroke the 3, athletic as hell, and he's tough. He's going to be a stud this season, mark my words.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: will2survive

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Tree I apologize bout the other night.

You put the Clippers that high up? Really think they'll be able to make that big of a turn around with a short pre season?

Cp3 will be their best defender but the team as a whole still needs to learn how to defend
    Last edited by zoo youk; 12-14-11 at 08:49 PM.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

I would argue that it's actually a good thing Green left b/c it opens up more time for Harden. Don't forget how good Harden is. He was a totally different player after the all-star break last season. All-around, he was better then Westbrook in the playoffs. He makes such good decisions. Definitely the smartest player in OKC. He can stroke the 3, athletic as hell, and he's tough. He's going to be a stud this season, mark my words.

You're correct about James Harden. At times, he was the Thunder's best player in the playoffs and is really young. This kid is super productive and confident. He's Jeff Van Gundy's favorite player and I must say, I like watching him play. He makes everything look so easy.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Tree I apologize bout the other night. You put the Clippers that high up? Really think they'll be able to make that big of a turn around with a short pre season? Cp3 will be their best defender but the team as a whole still needs to learn how to defend
    I appreciate that man. I get to riled up about this NBA shit sometimes, nothing personal. Sorry man.

But yeah, i might have the Clippers to high. They don't have any depth except at PG. But then you have to think about what CP3 did to Lakers last year in the playoffs with Willie Green, Belinelli, and Aaron Gray playing big minutes. All with no David West....

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

it has to work..griffin demands a double team or he will bury you single handedly..this will open up paul and all shooters on the floor..anytime you get a guard that needs to be doubled at times and you have a dominant post player its a winning combo.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Memphis and Oklahoma City are western powerhouses? God the western conference has turned into a joke....

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    he wants to play for a contender..honestly....clippers are a way better team than knicks now.
    i no you just won 250k but

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Why are we still talking about Billups like his playing days with the Pistons?

This guy is probably 6th man status now. Hate to say it... but a bench player. You'll soon start to see what I'm talking about once we get into the middle of the season. I don't think he's a starter anymore.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

man this reminds me of when the t-wolves drafted all those point guards a couple years ago.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Mo Williams can shoot the three.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's a better shooting guard then a point guard, will be fun to watch. Then with mo and Bledsoe off the bench Chauncey isn't going to need to play big minutes. I think it's a good fit for him. Not sure why people think he's done, he was hurt last year that's why he struggled.

zsr

I think you guys are overrating okc too, they don't have anybody that can score in the post. Perkins is a great defender, ibaka is a great shot blocker but neither can score consistently.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

cp3 surprising he went to lac

Glitch

where did jimmer fredette go again? should probably put a future on them.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    where did jimmer fredette go again? should probably put a future on them.
    Kings
    Points Awarded:

Glitch gave zsr 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Glitch

thanks.

zsr