BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Probably have the intensity of College ball since most would actually care about every game....

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    Here's my way and I mean WAY the F out of the box suggestion........but it might just be so out of the box, so EFFed in the head.......that it just might work!

You get a bunch of scabs, CBA guys, whatever, and start playing in a new league - but in a league that has new, bigger dimensions

You make the court and/or ball and/or rim bigger/higher, and maybe tinker with the scoring rules a little bit, maybe have a 4-point shot that is really hard, and you also maybe take a look at the rules and refereeing in general to at least try to make it more clear and consistent regarding what is and isn't a foul and a rules violation

The result will be less scoring, but the goal is to get a MUCH much much more strategy-oriented and team-oriented and more nuanced game

I think the result will be a game and product that is far far more attractive to fans over the long haul

Right now you really do just have something that is creeping dangerously close to professional wrestling, and that's maybe slightly good in the very short run, but disastrous in the long run

Just take a look at soccer, which has universal and enormous appeal with almost no scoring, and the natural higher appeal of college hoops, specifically because it has a more team-oriented feel to it, and you see how there really could be a great product of professional basketball, but you would have to make some key essential changes

perfect opportunity here!
    Already been done. It's called slam ball. Trampolines included.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I've seen zero hints of this from the owners. I'm sticking to my prediction that there will be a break through in the next 8 days and the season will start on Dec 15th ish.

First 12