EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

So Uh This Is The Greatest Coach Ever?

Zen Master Phil. Totally exposed. True that you can't control a team that quits, but he's made zero adjustments this series to anything Dallas does. Happy Retirement.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

always felt he was overrated

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He looks happy that it's over.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Agreed. Definitely overrated. Greatest player/ego manager ever, but not the greatest coach.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

He's fine as long as he has motivated talent that is superior.

He likes to pick and choose his spots.

I'd love to see what he would do with an "average" team. I think he'd be exposed as nothing special. I give him credit for finding the right gigs at the right time. Surprised he didn't go to Miami this year.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Lakers haters, stop bitching.. Lakers will be back... While you're team, will be lucky to win one championship in 20 years...

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

He has had some of the best players EVER. Overrated, overhyped and now OLD. Funny how he dates the Laker's owner's daughter. Keep it in the family Phil.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Lakers haters, stop bitching.. Lakers will be back... While you're team, will be lucky to win one championship in 20 years...
    It's going to be a while.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Here's the best coach with the last name Jackson: Now this guy really is a Zen Master.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

dude, nobody cares about rings or championships(for any team), only minorities watch basketball anyway (unless there is a bet going).... I cannot even name the starting line up for my team and I live in the 4th most populated city in the US.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

I can't hate on the Lakers... most of their starters Player Props have been inflated all year long which has made me a decent amount of money. If you took all Unders on Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and even Fisher you could have made a killing today...

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Coach K is a far better coach.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    dude, nobody cares about rings or championships(for any team), only minorities watch basketball anyway (unless there is a bet going).... I cannot even name the starting line up for my team and I live in the 4th most populated city in the US.
    only minorities watch basketball?? Come to the bars in SOCal....

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

only minorities watch basketball?? Come to the bars in SOCal....
    oh yeah, and TOOLS! stupid ***s with the untucked white shirts and jeans. lol ill pass. Im sure I could find something better to do! Go to a bar and watch basketball...

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

So, we should judge his status as the greatest coach ever by one playoff series rather than his full body of work?

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Overrate Lakers coach could never do what Larry Brown did. Phill Jackson is a wuss that would only coach the most talented teams. Make him the coach of Milwaukee and they still suck.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

oh yeah, and TOOLS! stupid ***s with the untucked white shirts and jeans. lol ill pass. Im sure I could find something better to do! Go to a bar and watch basketball...
    yeah SoCal has tools and beautiful bitches.. I'll go to the bar for that.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

wow, check out this dumb thread. phil jackson bad coach. lol. if he is bad who is good? give the guy a break.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdiggity11 View Post
    So, we should judge his status as the greatest coach ever by one playoff series rather than his full body of work?
    That's the point... he's not the greatest ever.

What, specifically, makes him the best coach ever? Other than rings

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

King Mayen just keep quiet today son. And take this beating like a man son like the Lakers didn't do vs the Mavs. Reverting to cheap shots and making the hall of fame coach look like a joke in this series. Phil Jackson last game his team loses by 37 and his team gets swept nice send off

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers got owned

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

phil is definatley the best coach ever. 6 rings with bulls. 5 rings with lakers. yes i am judging by rings. "other than rings". lol.

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

watch a guy trip and 30 people start kicking him while he's down...

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Let's clarify: you do play a sport professionally with the goal of winning the most important title in said sport?

Thought so.

Plenty of players in the NBA have the opportunity to be great. It takes a great coach to harness greatness. Kobe and Michael will be remembered forever, FOREVER, as truly great players, and part of that is Phil Jackson's doing.

Larry Brown? Did he push AI to THAT elite plateau? The PPG numbers say yes, but nearly every other statistic/metric/team accomplishments say no.
    Don Nelson? Did he push Nowitzki and/or Nash to THAT elite plateau? Considering that Nash won 2 MVP's after leaving for Phoenix that speaks for itself. Dirk is only now taking over and showing the leadership on a possible championship team, sans Nelson....

point is, even the coaches known as great couldn't do what jackson did. Call it luck or whatever you want to, mad props on a legendary career Phillip.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

So this thread is based on the assumption that Phil still gives a fukk

No chance he does...which is why he's gone now

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    phil is definatley the best coach ever. 6 rings with bulls. 5 rings with lakers. yes i am judging by rings. "other than rings". lol.

Jackson is a good coach that had great teams where owners was committed to winning and would spend the money. Jackson coached two teams in his career both was great franchise's before he got there. It's not like he took teams like the Clippers, Blazers, Wizards to the Championship

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Maybe you need to get out more. The ratings indicates more than just minorities are watching the games.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hard to coach when Dallas played lights out

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

King Mayan needs to take his beating like a man.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    There's much more to coaching than winning rings. Are you saying that any coach without a ring is a bad coach? I want to know what Phil contributed to the game of basketball, because rings alone aren't enough to claim the 'Best Coach Ever' title. See-

Red Auerbach. 9 rings in 10 years (also won 2 of the next 3 years, when Red moved to GM and Russell was coach). Built the team himself, didn't just switch to a stacked team like Phil. Total of 16 rings as a coach and GM/President. Could've had more if Len Bias hadn't died.

Innovated the fast break as a weapon. Made defense and team play successful and an important part of a strategy, rather than just offense. Pretty much invented the 6th man and the idea of a role player.

THAT is the resume of a great coach. What does Phil have?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

What??rsnnh12 talking about the celtics?? Noooo??

rsnnh12

What??rsnnh12 talking about the celtics?? Noooo??
    What?? KingMayan adding nothing to a discussion?? Noooo??

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

most overrated aspect in sports is a fkin coach....put terry sloan on lakers and he's a coach of a winning champ team...he has never won a title. What do you think a coach can do..in hockey it matters nill..take Al arbour of isles..he won with great players and was mediocre with them.

nyplayer33

Does anyone remember Joe Torre being fired from manager of other teams and then he lands with Yanks and with those top players wins...hmmm...then few years back he was falling asleep in dugout

nyplayer33

When you win 2yrs ago and still have the best player in nba you are not out of coming back to top form. If sports was this easy to predict then more of you would rich. When the lakers lost Shaq i heard they were done and that was wrong.

12 Last