7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

ai had the nicest braids

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

AI single-handedly brought his team to the finals
    he was damn near unguardable in his prime, ball hog or not

j kidd was a very good player, i'll give him that, but i'd still take AI no question

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Congruency View Post
    AI single-handedly brought his team to the finals
    he was damn near unguardable in his prime, ball hog or not

j kidd was a very good player, i'll give him that, but i'd still take AI no question
    Mutombo was way better than anyone on Kidd's NJ teams that went to two straight finals.

vinnydevitz
    vinnydevitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

depends on the team if your team sucks you want AI cuz he can elevate an average team to a contender like he did with the 76ers but on a good a team you want kidd.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Kidd by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Not even close. Jason Kidd.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

AI was only an regular season player...he could not handle the hay maker defense shot's!

elchampion33
    elchampion33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kidd, you put him with a better team they'd win a championship, AI is too difficult to play with and Kidd maximized the talent around him... big difference

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

iverson by a hair

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18837

Jason Kidd and it isn't even close. Jason Kidd can get a triple double any night and point guard is the most important position imo. AI was a 2 guard and was more exciting to watch but he was not the better all around player.

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    AI not even close

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

AI. Dude was a warrior and when he was in the zone, he was unstoppable.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not even close, AI. Kidd was a good player but AI was unstoppable. He took those sorry ass 76ers to the finals and even won a game AI

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Kidd was more of a team player (multi-talented). He's one of the best passers in NBA history but his accuracy (shooting) was awful.

AI gave his heart and soul and took a beating. He wasn't a team player and that won't help in winning a championship.

Iverson's offensive game is far superior. I would have to take AI. Kidd had no confidence regarding his shooting. Kidd's been hitting 3 pointers lately but overall he's an offensive nightmare

Iverson
    If you are a teammate and you had to answer this question you would want to play with Kidd instead of Iverson. I wouldnt say Kidd in his prime was an offensive nightmare, he was so fast from end to end on the court, players couldnt keep up with him. He didnt shoot particularly well from the floor but at his position its really not required considering he more than made up for it with getting the whole team involved with his passing, not to mention instead of fading to the corner for an outlet pass, he would go in for rebounds. As for as pure scoring though its AI hands down, loved watching him play. Just a gifted athlete.

beach nut
    beach nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Jason Kidd and it isn't even close really. Iverson's personality and his off court problems are a distraction for any locker room.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

You guys choosing Kidd are crazy.

Dont get me wrong, I think J Kidds game is awesome.

But AI is one of the best individual talents of all time in any sport.

Yes, he is a ball hog, but we are forgetting he never had any talent with him (while he was in his prime).

There will never be anything like him.

BOP24
    BOP24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Jason Kidd with Phoenix - winners
    Jason Kidd with the Nets - 2 finals
    Jason Kidd back with the Mavs - about to take out the Almighty Fakers

Iverson - playing in Turkey

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

AI 51%-49% very close

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11304

Two completely different players. My choice is Kidd because I like team ball and think one player taking all the shots is what makes NBA ball so chitty. AI was good, not great. Kidd was really good, not great.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

It really depends on whether you want to win or not.

Some posters here don't value winning much, I guess.

big cheyo
    big cheyo's Avatar Become A Pro!

kids better

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    It really depends on whether you want to win or not. Some posters here don't value winning much, I guess.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

u dont win with iverson.
    people who think it was all iverson the year they went to the finals are crazy

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

jason kidd.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

AI was like a shooting star, brilliant but could not last long.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    AI was like a shooting star, brilliant but could not last long.
    He played a long time.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Is this question a joke? Jason Kidd was NEVER a dominant player- never. He was always one of the best if not the best pg in basketball for many years, but could NEVER take over a game single-handedly.

WIthout his teammates, without some good players next to him, Jason Kidd never accomplished anything. His NJ teams were very good overall teams.

If you know anything about basketball, in their primes, there was no comprison at all between Jason Kidd and Iverson, Yisman. Seriously- these gamblers only remember who wins them more money, don't actually know shit about the game. Many NBA superstars claimed that Allen Iverson was the most agile player ever to come into the NBA in its history. There are stories of people claiming he could do things people thought were impossible, not from a physical standpoint, from a creative standpoint. Kidd could do that but not with his feet, only with his passing ability.

Think of it this way, at no point in their careers was J Kidd a top 5 player in the NBA! A.I. was on that list for a couple years during his career. So who would I take in their PRIME?

Um....its not even close, despite Kidd being one of the best PG's in the game if not the best during his Prime.

Goat Milk

That's like asking who would you take in their prime Steve Nash or Dwayne Wade.

Its Dwayne Wade and its not even close. Nash will never be a top 5 player in the NBA, and never was at any point in his career.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Is this question a joke? Jason Kidd was NEVER a dominant player- never. He was always one of the best if not the best pg in basketball for many years, but could NEVER take over a game single-handedly.

WIthout his teammates, without some good players next to him, Jason Kidd never accomplished anything. His NJ teams were very good overall teams.

If you know anything about basketball, in their primes, there was no comprison at all between Jason Kidd and Iverson, Yisman. Seriously- these gamblers only remember who wins them more money, don't actually know shit about the game. Many NBA superstars claimed that Allen Iverson was the most agile player ever to come into the NBA in its history. There are stories of people claiming he could do things people thought were impossible, not from a physical standpoint, from a creative standpoint. Kidd could do that but not with his feet, only with his passing ability.

Think of it this way, at no point in their careers was J Kidd a top 5 player in the NBA! A.I. was on that list for a couple years during his career. So who would I take in their PRIME?

Um....its not even close, despite Kidd being one of the best PG's in the game if not the best during his Prime.
    Next to Jordan AI is my favorite player but if you asked a player who they rather play next to it would be Kidd's. AI great one on one player but had a shoot first, shoot second mentality, and pass if all else fails. I think people forget or didn't see Kidd when he first came into the league. At NJ he wasn't in his prime, had already lost a step, it was his first stint in Dallas.

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

AI for sure

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Next to Jordan AI is my favorite player but if you asked a player who they rather play next to it would be Kidd's. AI great one on one player but had a shoot first, shoot second mentality, and pass if all else fails. I think people forget or didn't see Kidd when he first came into the league. At NJ he wasn't in his prime, had already lost a step, it was his first stint in Dallas.
    Bernard I agree Kidd made everyone better and personally as a team mate I would want Kidd to because I know he can turn me into a solid player. But we're talking individually here, Kidd never was a top 5 player in the nba at any point in his career bro. AI we can say he was for at least a couple of years. To be fair for the majority of iverson's career he never was able to hand the ball off to someone on his team that could create shots for other players at will. He was the focal point of everything, and had to be.

Iverson was always a selfish player and I hated him for that, especially when he couldn't make it work in Detroit. But as a pure basketball player, both are certainly HOFmers and on in a team game, its arguably that you would want Kid, but as far as who was the better player, its not even close....

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Jason Kidd. Not a scorer like AI, but contributes tremendously on the offensive and defensive end and can grab a board.

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iverson

Glider
    Glider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

If I was the GM of a new franchise and had to pick between the two in their prime to be a key piece of the new team - AI in a heartbeat. Noe that said, he brings all that "AI" baggage, but if you can harness that, AI would be the best player on the floor 95% of the time you played. Kidd was great, but not AI great.

First 123 Last