Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Mike D'Antoni

Its not brain surgery. Ray Allen 8 3's and its uncontested every time. This is hysterical.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Worst coach in NBA

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

He should be fired.

Ralphie1412

He wont get fired. Ill admit for a split second I wanted him to come to the bulls until I started thinking about the phoenix team. I was so happy we didnt. Hes absolutely awful.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

He's not awful. He's just not a championship coach. Mediocre and there surely is a place for him in the NBA. He deserves some props for how the Knicks played the 1st 2 games actually. NY are historic losers anyway, they dont deserve any better.

Ralphie1412

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    He's not awful. He's just not a championship coach. Mediocre and there surely is a place for him in the NBA. He deserves some props for how the Knicks played the 1st 2 games actually. NY are historic losers anyway, they dont deserve any better.
    Im talking specifically on defense. How can you not see what Rivers and Thibodeau do and say hey theres something to this defense thing.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Doc Rivers will take this season off, and then replace D'Antoni in the 12-13 season.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Carmelo is the MAN!!!

vincanity15
    vincanity15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Players league, Doc Rivers was a bum coach himself till he got some good players.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Dumb'antonio

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

I cant believe the Knicks hired this clown

top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

Boston for the series was easy $$$

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Im talking specifically on defense. How can you not see what Rivers and Thibodeau do and say hey theres something to this defense thing.
    He's just not a defensive coach, and he's not the only one in the league. I dont know why he gets so much slack for it. He has a show on MSG, and he TRIES to coach defense, he's just not good at it. We all know it, just like some players are not good at defense. Not much you can do about it. He is a superb offensive coach though and deserves props for that.

Would i want him coaching my team? Not really. But there is a place for him in the NBA.

demens
    Square -910

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I cant believe the Knicks hired this clown
    Ohh yeah, after Larry Clown and Isiah, its DAntoni that you can't believe they hired.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

@ disrespecting Larry Brown. You're a moron.

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

DEFENSE wins Championships. End rant.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by vincanity15 View Post
    Players league, Doc Rivers was a bum coach himself till he got some good players.
    Then D'Antoni should be considered a great coach because he had enough talent in Phx to do a hell of a lot more than they did.

Mark Jackson is coaching the Knicks next year.

Where's SVG gonna be next year? No way he returns after they lose to atl.

Ralphie1412

Such a stupid comment. Get a clue. Have you watched the celtics play?
    Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post

He's just not a defensive coach, and he's not the only one in the league. I dont know why he gets so much slack for it. He has a show on MSG, and he TRIES to coach defense, he's just not good at it. We all know it, just like some players are not good at defense. Not much you can do about it. He is a superb offensive coach though and deserves props for that.

Would i want him coaching my team? Not really. But there is a place for him in the NBA.

Where does "he got so much slack for it?" My point of this thread is that he doesnt.

vincanity15

Yeah real stupid comment, 2 losing seasons no playoffs before they got players, god your naive.

And incase you misunderstood cause you seem a little slow, i was not calling Doc Rivers a bum coach, that was the public perception of him during the losing seasons. Its about players the end.
    Last edited by vincanity15; 04-22-11 at 11:06 PM.

suman
    suman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Okay guy

Ralphie1412

Yeah real stupid comment, 2 losing seasons no playoffs before they got players, god your naive.

And incase you misunderstood cause you seem a little slow, i was not calling Doc Rivers a bum coach, that was the public perception of him during the losing seasons. Its about players the end.
    You are right, I have never seen doc draw up a good inbound play, make a great halftime adjustment, get a midseason trade and have to adjust.....doc is a good coach, if you dont think so you can have Mike D'Antoni and Ill take Doc.

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18831

I have no idea why he thinks he can just outscore his opponents every time. I can't remember a NBA team that plays no defense and wins it all.

vincanity15

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    You are right, I have never seen doc draw up a good inbound play, make a great halftime adjustment, get a midseason trade and have to adjust.....doc is a good coach, if you dont think so you can have Mike D'Antoni and Ill take Doc.
    No ill just take the celtics rosters and you can have the knicks roster, that will do

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

ray allen cant be denied. big time players show up in big time games. its as simple as that

Ralphie1412

Game 1 and Game 2 are perfect examples of doc using his talent perfectly. Got Ray an open shot then eveyone thinks him and paul will get it in game 2 and he calls a play for garnett. What exactly makes you think hes a bad coach? Ive given reasons and you just say doc sucks he has good players. Doesnt really make sense.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I'll never forget the time he was coaching the Suns in the playoffs and the Suns were up by 3 with little time left on the clock. Does he tell his players to foul the player on the inbound pass? No. The opponent gets of a 3 and ties the game and the Suns lose in OT.

I've watched D'Antoni coach over several seasons with the Suns. He's not a championship-caliber coach.

vincanity15

I never said he sucks your just giving coaches way too much credit in the nba. So you honestly think if Doc Rivers was coaching this Knicks team tonight they would have beat the Celtics?

Ralphie1412

Amare and Melo need to grow up a little. Carmelo is so naturally talented in strong he just needs to learn how to give it up faster on the double team. He tries to do way too much and then doesnt get back on defense. tonight was really really bad.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

should be canned after they get swept.

Ralphie1412

I never said he sucks your just giving coaches way too much credit in the nba. So you honestly think if Doc Rivers was coaching this Knicks team tonight they would have beat the Celtics?

talk about putting words in my mouth. Not at all, doc has a great team what does that matter? Phil Jackson has had the best rosters one can hope for, hes still a GREAT coach.

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

bring back Isiah!!

rufflesmuncher
    rufflesmuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

the guy is a wreck what the hell is he doing COACHING AN NBA TEAM

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Butler would have beaten the Knicks in a 7 game series.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Yeah real stupid comment, 2 losing seasons no playoffs before they got players, god your naive. And incase you misunderstood cause you seem a little slow, i was not calling Doc Rivers a bum coach, that was the public perception of him during the losing seasons. Its about players the end.
    Goes both ways. Doc had a coach of the year season before the Celtics, and he also almost got fired a couple times he got a hold of that overhauled Celtics roster.
    I think he has always been a good coach, but there are a lot of good coaches who don't win games. The key is to get players to buy into what you're doing. Doc was able to pick up some studs who wanted to win so badly that they would buy into whatever he was selling. And now that he's won it, he'll always have the respect of players, and they'll play how he asks them to. Some teams don't allow their coach to actually coach. They don't trust him. Doc doesn't have to deal with that anymore.

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dantoni believes in his system like Gamblers believe in the martingale system(b4 they lose it all)

12 Last