WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Sacramento Kings moving to LA

Anaheim to be exact. Starting next year. So the LA area will have 3 NBA teams and 0 football teams. Why has the 2nd largest market in the country not had a football team for so many years? Makes no sense at all. 3 NBA teams there makes no sense at all either. They should move to Seattle instead.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4979

Yeah moving the team to Anaheim is fuckn dumb. Now they will have 3 NBA teams like you said, basically in the same spot. Why not keep the same fan base and move to San Jose or somethin?

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I usually don't get upset when a team moves, but those fans in Sacramento are gettin hosed. Some of the most loyal fans in any sport.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

We don't want those putos down here.....

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

keep them in sac...so-cal has too many teams already

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I feel horrible for the fans of Sacramento, I went through this whole thing just a few years ago in Seattle. Sac has some great fans, and i always though Arco was one of the toughest arenas to play a road game in.

In all honesty though, Sac's situation doesn't even compare to the magnitude of Seattle situation. But I wish the Sactown king fans the best of luck, and hopefully they pull a miracle and keep the team.

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    We don't want those putos down here.....
    Sum crazy vatos there ya know!!

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

stupid move, would have been better to move the team to a city that does not already have an NBA team.

san2c
    san2c's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Less fans and It will not make them any better, sweet

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

What a joke. I hope this does not happen.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    stupid move, would have been better to move the team to a city that does not already have an NBA team.
    100% agree...they should move to somewhere else.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

What is the reason for the move?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

It would be nice to hear "The San Diego Kings" or keep the Kings in Anaheim and hear, "The San Diego Clippers" where they started off at.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Part of the reason I think is an economic one. Sacramento and surrounding cow town cities have been voted as one of the top 5 worst cities to live in.

With high unemployment rates, where do people get their money for a little bit of leisure time in basketball?

So they move to Anaheim and I'm sure the folk down south have more money to spend than them folks in Sac. The bids are out and the final wordings will be heard on Monday I think.

matosh
    matosh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    it s ok

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Why not move the team to St Louis, San Diego or Pittsburgh probably would get more support than a city that already has two teams.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

la has one team, the clippers don't count

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    Anaheim to be exact. Starting next year. So the LA area will have 3 NBA teams and 0 football teams. Why has the 2nd largest market in the country not had a football team for so many years? Makes no sense at all. 3 NBA teams there makes no sense at all either. They should move to Seattle instead.
    USC is considered their football team, or at least for the past decade.

Plus the homies from the hood still ride around in Black, and silver.

paciophobia
    paciophobia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

i live in the philippines and there's a news article out in the local news about the sacramento team being offered to one of our prominent businessmen here. dunno if they're just trying to fill the news with interesting stuff though haha

dherd
    dherd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

guess that makes LA the basketball capital of the world.

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

The owners would move to San Jo or Seattle if they had the $$. These muthafuckas ain't really wealthy no more. Not much of a choice. NBA needs to block the move and start revenue sharing.

My folks was at the game telling me how everyone was emotional. Sac has had the best fans since 85 IMO ... Coming from a Lakers fan

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

whats so bad about it? theyll sell out every game and make tons of money.

anaheim is an hour away from downtown la and fans there do not like to be associated with la fans.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Brosuf View Post
    Part of the reason I think is an economic one. Sacramento and surrounding cow town cities have been voted as one of the top 5 worst cities to live in.

With high unemployment rates, where do people get their money for a little bit of leisure time in basketball?

So they move to Anaheim and I'm sure the folk down south have more money to spend than them folks in Sac. The bids are out and the final wordings will be heard on Monday I think.
    Exactly. Although I could give a shit that they're moving 40 minutes from my home, the Maloof's realize that there is a lot more money to be made in Orange County. TV/Radio deals, advertising, luxury boxes, ticket prices, etc. etc. Honda Center is also a top notch facility.

Anaheim Royals

shermanator
    shermanator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2973

3 teams in la now.

bonestock
    bonestock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Anaheim is NOT LA. Anaheim is OC. OC has a market to support a basketball/football/baseball/hockey/what have you team. Ducks and Angels are doing just fine, Royals will be fine as well.

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

they should stay in Sac town...man I remember when they were good...they had a great team...with the cow bells....it was great...they got robbed by the Lakers and the NBA

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

maloofs still unsure if they'll file for a transfer. lakers owner to try hard to stop the move.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings...fs-mayors.html

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Unreal.
    Why not Kansas City, St. Louis, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Columbus, Austin,

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

why not contract them? the nba has enough bad teams. maloofs are poor by nba owner standards. very strong chance harrahs will own the palms by end of year.

o.c. can support an nba franchise.

no nfl in la because quite frankly the fans don't show up. weather too nice to be at over expensive game. chargers are a playoff team year in/year out and they have a gang of blacked out local games.

bonestock
    bonestock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Because you can profit the same way the Clippers do down here. They are one of the most unsuccessful but still profitable NBA team in the league. Sterling doesnt know how to run a winning NBA team but he sure knows how to run a profitable business.

Anaheim city counsel has already approved the 75 million dollar bond for the Royals move. Its just a matter of time now.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Wow guys-it is all about the $$$$$ SAC. HAS NO LUXURY boxes-Anaheim has quite a few. Sacramento will not build a new arena to put those in-loyalty means nothing-it is all about the money-greed and more greed.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

You can not get a loyal fan base if your stadium is too far for people to go see your games. In Northern California, the heavy populated areas are either Sacramento or the Bay Area and the bay area already has golden state warrior so if there is a zoning law, they don't want them kings to take away their customers.

If you go any higher like Eureka or them redwoods town, add up all the population and you wouldn't even fit them into a stadium for a sell out crowd. LOL

If you go any lower than the bay or to Fresno, there is no other surrounding cities that are big enough and populations wise to have a game.

If you go to Southern California, you have clippers and lakers all taking up most of the spots. San Diego might sound good but then again, the team will be called the San Diego Tacos. LOL

Basically, every big metropolitan in California is all booked up. If you fail in Sacramento, might as well try to open shop in another Metropolitan cities that have enough people to fill them stadium and start a new fan base there.

All them Kings fans, I'm sorry but without kings around, what are you going to do now? Are you going to jump ship because the closest to any game for you is in Oakland.

I'll wait to see the day when sac fans will go to oakland at a sac/warriors game just to cheer on them kings. 50/50 split fans down the middle in that house, now that's a ball game.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

If you ever want to see how fu**ed up the NBA and David Stern is. Watch this: www.sonicsgate.org/movie

It's a 2 hour documentary that is very well made and very good production with a ton of interviews with people like George Karl, Aaron Brookes, Jamal Crawford, Gary Payton and many more. Shows how Stern literally screwed every fan in Seattle over, and he is doing the same to Sacramento.

No team in the NBA is safe, unless you are the Lakers, Knicks or Celtics.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 04-14-11 at 07:12 PM.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

3 teams is insane, i don't get this move.

mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

LA and Anaheim is not the same. i rarely go downtown LA

12 Last