onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

NASCAR 2008 - AARONS 499 - Talladega

Talladega Superspeedway | Sunday, Apr. 27, 2008 - 2 PM ET on Fox

Here are my fantasy five drivers for today's race.

Jimmie Johnson
    Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
    Kurt Busch
    Jamie McMurray
    Brian Vickers

These are the drivers I am looking at betting.

Tony Stewart
    Kyle Busch
    Kurt Busch
    Jeff Gordon

I will post as soon as I get the bets in.
    Good luck guys.

Big_Cheese
    Big_Cheese's Avatar Become A Pro!

Match-Up BB Today

Jimmie Johnson (-135) over Denny Hamlin (5*)

http://www.betgameday.com

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Kyle Busch +600
    Jeff Gordon +700
    Jimmie Johnson +700

I replaced Tony Stewart with Jimmie Johnson because I didn't like the 3/1 odds on Stewart. Let's hope he don't sweep the weekend.

I might still throw something on Kurt Busch at 15/1. If I do I will post it before race time.

Again. Good luck everyone.

Big_Cheese

To Lead the Most Laps

Tony Stewart (11 to 4 Odds)

Dale Earnhardt Jr (7 to 2 Odds) To cover the risk amount on Tony...

OVER Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch and Jimmie Johnson.

I might Throw one more in there. If so It would be to just cover the risk amount on Tony.

Im adding Dale Jr.
    Last edited by Big_Cheese; 04-27-08 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added driver

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

I added Stewart +145 top 3. Theres a reason he gets 2nd here so often. He knows how to draft and doesn't mind 2nd as long as he's getting his points. Hope he decides to push Hamlin across 1st.

Big_Cheese

Aarons 499 - Best Dodge

Kurt Busch (7 to 4 Odds)
    Ryan Newman (11 to 4 Odds)

Over Kasey Kahne, Juan Pablo Montoya, and Reed Sorenson...

If you do the figuring, you will find out that this is a even money wager. Example if you risk $47.00 you will win $50.00.
    It all depends on how you bet it. In my case I am going for the big money, much like the Most laps lead wager. I have Kurt to win alot and then Ryan Newman to back him to just cover the risk amount. Have fun and gl fellas.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Travis Kvapel over Paul Menard -110

Big_Cheese

Match-Up

Dale Earnhardt Jr over (-125) Jeff Gordon (2*)

www.betgameday.com

Big_Cheese

Match-up

Kurt Busch (-140) over Clint Bowyer (4*)

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Kyle Busch +600
    Jeff Gordon +700
    Jimmie Johnson +700

I replaced Tony Stewart with Jimmie Johnson because I didn't like the 3/1 odds on Stewart. Let's hope he don't sweep the weekend.

I might still throw something on Kurt Busch at 15/1. If I do I will post it before race time.

Good job looker, I thought Hamlin might win there for a while.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice job Onlooker

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kyle Busch +600
    Jeff Gordon +700
    Jimmie Johnson +700

dodif

i took some of the units i won in hoops and blackjack and played kyle 7/1

so i made out nicely. of course i didnt post it cuz i committed to hendrick. Cant give u guys 6 favorites. But i do take profit units and put them on other racers. I also had hamlin 12/1. I won but couldnt get u guys a winner. If i woulda waited till qualifying i definiely would have out put kyle. it was obvious toyota was the car to beat.

however, i got 8/1 on kyle on one ticket. When i went to cash it in the guy said LOOK AT IT. I said WHY, WHATS THE PROBLEM? I looked at it and it said +800 to win Sprint Cup Championship. I just canceled the bet and got my money back. I was pissed. I asked the stupid clerk for the Talledega odds. I do this shit 10 times a week every week. Its my job to double check the ticket. But tellers are morons! At least my other kyle tickets cashed. Second time I have done that BTW.
    Last edited by dodif; 04-27-08 at 10:55 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Thanks guys. I am glad it finished with the caution at the end, because I think Montoya would of sling shotted around Kyle at the end.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Jimmie Johnson 13th
    Dale Earnhardt, Jr. 10th
    Kurt Busch 39th
    Jamie McMurray 17th
    Brian Vickers 5th
    All top 20's besides Kurt that got caught up in that last big crash. I guess a decide day for my fantasy team.

Big_Cheese

Everything was going so good, until Kurt got wiped out. He is good at this track, wouldve had a good finish. That last wreck screwed up alot of my money. I cant believe I got beat on best dodge by Montoya I had both Kurt and Newman there to take em. Things probably would have been different if they called the caution on that last spin, the white was being waived but the leader was not past the start/finish line yet. Green/white checker I believe Newman would have gotten around Montoya. Last year I won 7 strait match-ups on WHOEVER over Montoya. Got to give him credit though, he is slowly improving. Tony clearly lead the most laps so I made some big easy money there. Because of the big Mishap at the end I lost 2 out of 3 matchups though, and since jimmie over Hamlin was my 5* wager I did lose a little cash. Oh well Im used to getting ate up by this track located 15 miles from me. My specialty is the mile and a halfers. Way to Pick-em OUTLOOKER. Kyle Has been hot but with him wrecking out 6 out of 10 races here, resulting in an average finish of 31st I couldnt bring myself to bet him. Shouldve mirrored your wagers

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I was happy to hear once the white flag is waving, if a caution is caused, it is official.

Sorry to hear about the small loss BC, but lets go get them again next week. We have a solid group of NASCAR cappers here, and lets keep things rollling.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nascar should do something about the car. It is handling to well, I saw several chances for a nice wreck on Sunday only to have it not happen Either speed the cars up or loosen them up a little. It was like watching traffic Sunday, if the don't get some more wrecks into the race, I believe that the popularity of this "sport" will start to go down hill.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by RageWizard View Post
    Nascar should do something about the car. It is handling to well, I saw several chances for a nice wreck on Sunday only to have it not happen Either speed the cars up or loosen them up a little. It was like watching traffic Sunday, if the don't get some more wrecks into the race, I believe that the popularity of this "sport" will start to go down hill.
    I disagree. This isn't hockey were the casual fan watches for the fighting, and the NHL needs it for ratings. NASCAR doesn't need the wreacks for ratings. These drivers are going 195+. We don't need to make the cars more unsafe.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

I like the wrecks.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love racing whether there are wrecks or not and personally like the fewer wrecks since I believe in the end it will make the points battle that much better since the contenders won't be getting caught up in as many wrecks that are not their fault.

What is there not to love about Talladega...I would love that race if it went caution free for sure.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

There was a lot going on yesterday even without the wrecks. There was a lot of passing.

But I am somewhat blood thirsty and really like the crashes.

dodif

best race of the year

RageWizard

Perhaps Nascar can be a racing league with little to no wrecks and still be popular like F-1, but I doubt it for a couple of reasons. The first is the F-1 tracks have left and right turns. The second is the cars are much more techincal than their nascar counterparts, and three they race in the rain. I know several people like myself who haven't been watching as much this year because the handling is up and the wrecks are down. I love a good wreck with 10 to 15 cars involved with possible some car parts flying into the stands for added excitement for the fans and maybe a crew member being run over when they all go to the pits. Yes I admit it and if the current trend continues in Nascar, I believe america will vote with a ratings decrease. Of course the hardcore fans will always watch but the new occasional fan will go somewhere else.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Did you see the Nationwide race on Saturday? I don't watch that series like the Sprint Cup but I have my exceptions. Talladega being one of them. There was a good wreck during that race with 15 cars involved. Talk about your boneheaded move. What was Kevin LePage thinking pulling out onto the track like that?

RageWizard

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Did you see the Nationwide race on Saturday? I don't watch that series like the Sprint Cup but I have my exceptions. Talladega being one of them. There was a good wreck during that race with 15 cars involved. Talk about your boneheaded move. What was Kevin LePage thinking pulling out onto the track like that?

I couldn't see the race on Saturday because of a NFL draft party I was attending. I usually like the Busch or whatever the name is now because of the more wreck status.