thegreatdiatchi
    thegreatdiatchi's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about Danica winning IndyCar

I was wondering when this was actually going to happen. Do you think this brings more women into the sport?

indy62
    indy62's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdiatchi View Post
    I was wondering when this was actually going to happen. Do you think this brings more women into the sport?
    i think her winning will have more women watching the sport(keeping in mind ratings are so low that even if 200 women watched the next race it would skew the ratings)..i love open wheel racing and with unification i hopr her win sets a new tone..unfortunatley the race was in j
    apan and most people did not get too watch it but she did a great job and cheers to her

as far as more womendrivers that will depend on sponsorship and the above mentioned tv ratings sorry about the spelling i blame it on 3 races and lager and myself...cheers
    Last edited by indy62; 04-20-08 at 06:24 PM. Reason: i wanted to add on

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdiatchi View Post
    Do you think this brings more women into the sport?
    No. Women in race cars will always be the exception. One of the most male dominated sports, so only pretty girls are even up for consideration.

Because they are marketable.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    No. Women in race cars will always be the exception. One of the most male dominated sports, so only pretty girls are even up for consideration.

Because they are marketable.
    You will never see one in football,basketball, or baseball. They can't compete physically. Racing they can so maybe...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

I think the only thing this does is, make her mind up to going to NASCAR. I think she said she wanted to succeed in Indy before moving on. Well she won a race, so I bet she goes after the money and tries to enter NASCAR.

I'm happy to see her win a race.

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-29-16 at 10:49 AM. Reason: image does not exist