Betpoints: 84

Derby Preps ... Saturday 4/8

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'll be heading out to the track to bet those two races KDM

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Wood Memorial will be on ABC at 4pm EST.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

The Wood looks like a good betting race, but I just don't like anyone in the field. The SA Derby, won by longshots the last 3 years, should be like a public workout for Brother Derek at 1-5. I don't see him getting beat but no money can be made there.

I'm looking at a longshot play Saturday at Oaklawn in the Oaklawn Handicap for older horses. Andromada's Hero is 12-1 on the morning line. Will likely be 6 or 8-1 at the most but I think he's got a shot here. He finished 3rd in the Arkansas Derby last year on this track.

His last 2 races were a speed-favoring Gulfstream (3rd and a 5th), where he has no chance with his closing style. Oaklawn has a short stretch and is no paradise for closers either but it's better than Gulfstream. Calvin Borel gets the mount for Nick Zito. Buzzard's Bay the likely favorite off a win at Bay Meadows last out. The pace might be fast enough to set up for a closer.

Seattle Slew

Upon looking at the Wood Memorial PPs again, I'm going to take a shot on a longshot. Greeleys' Galaxy.

Just watched the replay of the Gotham where he finished 4th. Was kind of held down on the rail late because another horse was outside him. He finished well to be 4th. Top rider Coa had a couple choices in here and stays with Greeley's Galaxy. I'm going to play him with likely favorite Keyed Entry and toss out the West Coast horse Bob and John.

Seattle Slew

Looks like West Coast shipper Bob and John will be the favorite, not Keyed Entry. Greeley's Galaxy is 6-1 on the morning line.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Keyed Entry looks tough, I know Baffert said on a local T.V show
    he loves Bob and John's chances and his horse would of won his race
    if it weren't for the trip!

Brother Derek will win by 5 lengths!!

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Track will be off today ... Keyed Entry has a nice win on a sloppy track so that's my pick in the Wood.

Brother Derek looks tough in the Santa Anita Derby ... Going for the upset with Point Determined with BD 2nd.

Seattle Slew

The Illinois Derby is also today. I'm picking the Frankel horse Racketeer over the likely favorite Cause to Believe. Part of the NBC racing from 5 to 6.