JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

AEW's MJF really got the boot? (Pro-wrestling stuff)

If you don't know MJF, this guy is the next big thing in pro-wrestling. Probably WWE will sign him. Here's why MJF probably got the boot.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/ezoimgf...oogle-play.png

Is this a work or real?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

This is a work. They are playing off the media attention they received before Double or Nothing. This has the potential to be the best storyline in all of wrestling for a long time. I hope AEW plays this right. I'm sure he is being compensated quite well for the lack of merchandise sales he will not be receiving for the short term future.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

people actually believed that ?

Unreal

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    This is a work. They are playing off the media attention they received before Double or Nothing. This has the potential to be the best storyline in all of wrestling for a long time. I hope AEW plays this right. I'm sure he is being compensated quite well for the lack of merchandise sales he will not be receiving for the short term future.
    What he said.

It's all a work.

*off topic*
    I just read Dave Metzler where he reports it was Vince who told Stephanie to take time off, "it's not working"

With the possible exception of the Rhodes fight Hell in a Cell was a terrible show.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

1.1 million views and counting. This guy got people talking about and watching wrestling again. I don't know where they're going with this, but a lot of people will be following (and paying $) to find out where it goes.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Punk breaking his foot kind of messed things up. if I was working creative, I’d have this Wednesday night battle royal winner become the “interim” Aew champ.
    I would have had Mjf as one of the entrants, with him winning it and then leaving thru the stands

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Nasher, Stephanie may come back one day? but her job is gone. she got blamed for not meeting the ad/sponsorship goals.
    now she has been replaced:

WWE has hired Catherine Newman as their new Executive Vice President and Head of Marketing. The move makes Newman part of WWE’s senior leadership team, according to the release, and she will oversee marketing, brand, community relations, and other areas within WWE.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    1.1 million views and counting. This guy got people talking about and watching wrestling again. I don't know where they're going with this, but a lot of people will be following (and paying $) to find out where it goes.
    That's what I'm talking about

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I was pissed that they had Judgement Day turn on Edge last night. Way too soon. I guess they needed another high profile face since Rhodes will be out for a little while. They need to make Damian Priest shine with this setup.

stevenash

I was pissed that they had Judgement Day turn on Edge last night. Way too soon. I guess they needed another high profile face since Rhodes will be out for a little while. They need to make Damian Priest shine with this setup.
    Why isn't Ricochet getting more of a push.
    He's got crazy talent.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Why isn't Ricochet getting more of a push.
    He's got crazy talent.
    Vince loves the bigger guys. I would say he might be pushed harder with better mic skills but then Mustafa Ali came to mind.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    If you don't know MJF, this guy is the next big thing in pro-wrestling. Probably WWE will sign him. Here's why MJF probably got the boot.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/ezoimgf...oogle-play.png

Is this a work or real?
    Work with alot of truth tied in. Guy has been on fire recently.

Fued with CM Punk. Great.
    Fued with Wardlow. Great.

Come a long way from doing a musical number with Jericho. Hopefully they dont mess this up.

stevenash

Vince loves the bigger guys. I would say he might be pushed harder with better mic skills but then Mustafa Ali came to mind.
    Ali gave Theory a good fight last night, he's winning me over,

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18983

meh. Coincidentally I watched HIAC last night and then started watching Double or Nothing. I hadn't watched for months but it was the same as always. The WWE was predictable but done really well. AEW looked like an amateur hour bodge. I gave up during their 3rd match.MJF isn't great. He's an updated version of the Miz.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    meh. Coincidentally I watched HIAC last night and then started watching Double or Nothing. I hadn't watched for months but it was the same as always. The WWE was predictable but done really well. AEW looked like an amateur hour bodge. I gave up during their 3rd match.MJF isn't great. He's an updated version of the Miz.
    I'm not crazy about MJF either, great mic skills though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Do you guys realize this is all make-believe, but some of the intelligence here you probably think it’s real

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Do you guys realize this is all make-believe, but some of the intelligence here you probably think it’s real
    You shouldn’t trash other Trump voters like this. Why not stick together and give wrestling a chance. You might find out you think it is real.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Do you guys realize this is all make-believe
    Kind of like the NBA or some of those defensive PI calls in the NFL.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Some wrestlers just keep going back to the shelf