Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Spring Football is BACK... USFL!!!

Born for USFL!!!

USFL kickoffs this Saturday with two games involving last year Freedom Cup (yup, that's the equivalency of the Super Bowl for USFL Championship game) teams, Philadelphia Stars and Birmingham Stallions who were the champions. Unfortunately, all the games will be on either Sat or Sun, unlike XFL who had Thursday and Monday nights football included in their schedule. However, USFL had the infamous "Pizza-gate" which was more drama and hilarious story than XFL's "Lemon-throwing gate"... lol.

XFL has some tweaks in their rules and are more heavily relied upon their QBs. However, USFL is more evenly balance with a slight lean on running. Thus, taking the under during the weekend and the underdogs, at least on Sat.

Tampa Bay Bandits was forced to leave Florida as Gov. DeSantis found out that the team went to Disney World... j/k. But for some reason, idk, Bandits left and relocated to Memphis and now are the old original USFL team of Memphis Showboats!

Philadelphia Stars v. Memphis Showboats +2.5 / u38.5

New Jersey Generals +5 v. Birmingham Stallions / u39.5

Headsterx

Headsterx

Run Your Pool got a great contest going, too!

The USFL season kicks off this weekend and we're offering a free-to-play pool for everyone to join in!

Get ready for the season with USFL odds, Week 1 picks and team previews!

Love football? Love winning big prizes? Of course, you do. Try our new format during the USFL season before the start of the NFL. A season-long pick em’ pool with streak tracking, no spread, and tons of weekly and end-of-season prizes.

8 Teams. 10 Weeks. 40 Games. A lot of Winners. Have what it takes?

Each week there are 4 USFL games. You will pick the winners and receive 1 point for every correct pick.
    If you go 4-0 in a week, you will gain a 1-week streak.
    To gain a 2-week streak, you will need to go 4-0 two weeks in a row. If you have any incorrect picks, your streak starts over.

One random entrant will win a Traeger Tailgater grill just for playing, so make sure you make your picks!

Streak Prizes*:
    6 Week Streak: Traeger Tailgater Grill, USFL Swag pack and a trip for 2 to Canton to see a USFL game, including flights and hotels, plus special meet and greet at the game
    5 Week Streak: Traeger Tailgater Grill and a USFL Swag pack
    4 Week Streak: USFL Swag pack
    3 Week Streak: USFL t-shirt
    2 Week Streak: 2 tickets to a USFL game and 20% off USFL merch store
    1 Week Streak: 20% off USFL merch store

Season long top score will win a trip for 2 to Canton to see a USFL game, including flights and hotels.

*You may only receive each prize once. 6 week streak prize limited to the first winner (tiebreaker, if necessary). Other streak prizes are limited while supplies last. Terms and conditions apply,

Headsterx

JJ is back with picks! That is by Covers very own Jeremy Jones!

But Memphis!?!

Covers:

Who doesn’t want more football?
    Well, just nine weeks removed from the Super Bowl and eight weeks removed from the revamp of the XFL, a new season begins! The USFL will return this weekend with a new team and new locations.

Last year's campaign saw every game played in Birmingham, Alabama, but this year will be different. Games will be played in multiple locations including Memphis, Canton, and Detroit, with the Memphis Showboats playing their inaugural season right at home.

This opening weekend sees four games: two on Saturday, two on Sunday, and one each day in Memphis and Birmingham. Get ready for the action with my USFL picks and predictions for Week 1.

USFL picks for Week 1
    Memphis ML
    Birmingham -5
    Michigan/Houston Over 38.5
    Pittsburgh/New Orleans Under 37.5

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16315

Yes im in on another season,of Fake crowd noise Mike Pierra and Drone Noise,Got warmed up by going to A XFL Game this spring in Arlington.Ive got 2 Pulled Trigger on Stars -3 1/2 and Breakers - 4 1/2.

mcaulay777

Also made 2 future Bets New Jersey +400 and New Orleans + 650 to win Freedom Cup!

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Yes im in on another season,of Fake crowd noise Mike Pierra and Drone Noise,Got warmed up by going to A XFL Game this spring in Arlington.Ive got 2 Pulled Trigger on Stars -3 1/2 and Breakers - 4 1/2.
    I took Showboats too early and didn't realize their QB last year went to XFL. I hope they get rid of the fake crowd noise but can't wait for that drone noise... lol

Good luck this 2nd season.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 203

Didn’t know they r doing this in top of xfl

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 446

What higher level

Usfl or xfl

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    What higher level

Usfl or xfl
    They're both same level "minor leagues", though XFL has more ties w/ NFL. There does seem to be more ex-NFL players in XFL or at least more high profile ex-NFL players. XFL was on hiatus and would be a major factor in not having XFL players in the NFL, but there were a handful of USFL players who are now in the NFL. If I was in NFL management, then I would consider USFL players more than XFL players as USFL style of football is more or less resemble NFL style of football.

mcaulay777

I thought the first half was very Entertaining, Will see what the second half brings.I do like the USFL But im in XFL Mode More because they had they had headstart and im very invested in the season, So later will switch to xfl and Sunday will be all XFL.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 446

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    They're both same level "minor leagues", though XFL has more ties w/ NFL. There does seem to be more ex-NFL players in XFL or at least more high profile ex-NFL players. XFL was on hiatus and would be a major factor in not having XFL players in the NFL, but there were a handful of USFL players who are now in the NFL. If I was in NFL management, then I would consider USFL players more than XFL players as USFL style of football is more or less resemble NFL style of football.
    Makes sense

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    I thought the first half was very Entertaining, Will see what the second half brings.I do like the USFL But im in XFL Mode More because they had they had headstart and im very invested in the season, So later will switch to xfl and Sunday will be all XFL.
    Oh yeah, this is very entertaining. I'm reconsidering my thoughts on the fake crowd noise, let's have it as it's dead in the stadium.

Headsterx

Yesterday scores:
    Stars 27-23 win over Showboats
    Stallions 27 -10 win over Generals

I went 2-2 yesterday and 2-0 in RYP contest. And we got another doubleheader on Sunday!

The early game is a toss up between Panthers and Gamblers. Both teams were not good last year and both have new head coaches. For Niners fans you might recognize Mike Nolan with Panthers. He wasn’t that good with the Niners and the only thing I remember about him was his suits he wore on the sidelines (which made NFL change it rules and now forces coaches to wear NFL sponsor gears only).

He’s replacing Jeff Fisher where interestingly the Panthers were one of the favorites last year to win it all, but that didn’t work out. QB Josh Love was decent as a replacement to Shea Patterson (now at CFL) last year and he’s from San Jose State (though Carson Strong from Nevada may actually start). So you’re thinking that I’m going to pick the Panthers to win with all this Bay Area connection going on but no I’m taking the Gamblers in the pick’em and the under 38.

Gamblers and u38
    Breakers -4.5 and o37.5

Sunday:
    Michigan Panthers at Houston Gamblers (in Memphis), Noon ET | NBC

Pittsburgh Maulers at New Orleans Breakers (in Birmingham), 6:30 p.m. ET | FS1