dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Are Bethpage galleries the most obnoxious in golf?

Lot of loud mouthed yankees in the crowd that need their wig split it sounds like

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

trust me

noone likes playing there

i know for a fact

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Dlo...Yankees??
    What year is this??

10 things not to do at a PGA Tour event

Heading to a PGA Tour event in the upcoming season? Don’t do this stuff.

Wear your golf shoes

“Hello, sir. Are you participating in the tournament today?” If the answer to that question is no, you have NO business wearing your golf shoes at a PGA Tour event.

Period.
    Do the spike-wearers also lace up their cleats when they head to football and baseball games?
    And whatever material advantage one gains in terms of on-course traction is surely outweighed by the ridiculousness quotient.
    Note: Caddies don’t wear golf shoes and they walk the course with 50-plus pound bags strapped to their back. Thus, you don’t need to either.

Be the beer-and-cigar guy

Do you know this guy/these guys (they usually travel in packs)? Booming alcohol voice, douchily attired, clutching three-plus empty plastic beer cups in one hand and a (lit or unlit) cigar in the other?

And whether the product of beer-induced tunnel vision, total lack of concern, or general ignorance, beer-and-cigar guy (and his beer-and-cigar buddies) is always spouting off with little regard for those around him.
    He’ll be happy to add a few colorful words to your child’s vocabulary and will offer unrestrained praise for the assets of the fairer sex he spots in the gallery.

Yell “Baba Booey,” or “mashed potatoes,” or “get in the hole”

You’d like to think that even repeat “Baba Booey-ers” are annoyed when they hear the signature exclamation of golf fan idiocy bellowed as a Tour pro tees off.
    If you find yourself compelled to belt out the above or any other ridiculous exclamation for that most-rewarding knowledge that you “got on television,” please don’t.
    It’s a race to the bottom with these folks, and the upcoming season will bring with it new moronic vocalization.
    Great.

Trample or otherwise fight children for autographs

Look, I understand adults have the right to ask pros for autographs. Maybe you have a sports memorabilia business, want to make a quick buck on eBay, or are merely looking proudly display a signed Phil Mickelson 8-by-10 in your office.

All of that is fine. Still, children must have first priority in the hunter for Tour pros’ Sharpie scribbles.
    Why?
    Do you not remember being a kid? Do you not remember the deities that professional athletes were to you? Do you not remember the overwhelming sentimental value of an autograph?
    Autographs are most important to children and children’s enjoyment of golf is most important to the future of the game.
    Don’t be one of those guys trampling children in an effort to get Adam Scott’s autograph.

Offer on-course commentary

Have you seen this guy (and it’s usually a guy)? He posts up at a hole and shares his expansive knowledge of the game of golf and the players on the PGA Tour with anyone who will listen. As he’s often attending the tournament alone, he has no choice but to scatter his pearls of wisdom before strangers.

In addition providing color commentary (“Dufner’s wife is hot”…”He has great hands. Shouldn’t have any trouble with this pitch”), he’ll share his green reads with anyone in his proximity.
    He’s honed the reads, of course, from camping out at the same green all day.

Act like an idiot around Tiger Woods/ say stupid things when players walk by

The two behaviors above go hand in hand. It’s a gross oversimplification to say golf fan behavior has gotten worse in the near two decades Tiger Woods has been on tour. Still, there is an element of truth in that statement. Certainly, there are fans who pay the price of admission purely to see El Tigre who wouldn’t otherwise be in the gallery of a PGA Tour event.

And unlike most other sports, golfers walk right in front of fans. Thus, anyone in the gallery can say basically anything to any player’s face. For those who enjoy heckling from the cheap seats, the opportunity is too much to pass up and they end up saying something dumb to a player. Multiply this by at least a power of 10 where Tiger Woods is concerned.

Inappropriately bust out your camera phone

[youtube id=”kIJqVG3gzWs” width=”620″ height=”360″]
    Whatever the cell phone policy of the event you’re attending is, can you please adhere to it?
    And don’t try to snap a photo of Bubba Watson for Instagram or record his swing to post to YouTube.
    Just don’t.

Try to sneak by when marshals have quiet signs raised

Don’t you love these people? If you’ve been to a PGA Tour event you’ve seen them: When the marshal in your immediate vicinity raises his/her hands because a player is about to hit, everyone stops dead in their tracks.

Everyone, that is, except the slithering or obvious doofus to whom the rules apparently do not apply.
    Don’t be a marshal-disobeyer.

Show up without a clue

Here’s something you shouldn’t do mostly for your own sake, not because it aggravates others, but rather because it compromised your experience at a PGA Tour event: Don’t show up without a clue.

Check the list of prohibited items. If you bring a bag, make sure it’s clear. Have some idea of the course layout. Figure out if you want to follow groups (Who? When? Where?), or if you want to hang out at a hole and watch players come through.
    An ounce of preparation will save you a lot of wasted time wandering around like an idiot, and it’ll increase your enjoyment of the event substantially.

Interrupt a trophy presentation and make bird calls

Finally, don’t do this…

Y

Your Reaction?

Last edited by 19th Hole; 05-18-19 at 01:30 PM.
    Points Awarded:

reigle9 gave 19th Hole 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Dlo...Yankees??
    What year is this??

10 things not to do at a PGA Tour event

Heading to a PGA Tour event in the upcoming season? Don’t do this stuff.

Wear your golf shoes

“Hello, sir. Are you participating in the tournament today?” If the answer to that question is no, you have NO business wearing your golf shoes at a PGA Tour event.

Period.
    Do the spike-wearers also lace up their cleats when they head to football and baseball games?
    And whatever material advantage one gains in terms of on-course traction is surely outweighed by the ridiculousness quotient.
    Note: Caddies don’t wear golf shoes and they walk the course with 50-plus pound bags strapped to their back. Thus, you don’t need to either.

Be the beer-and-cigar guy

Do you know this guy/these guys (they usually travel in packs)? Booming alcohol voice, douchily attired, clutching three-plus empty plastic beer cups in one hand and a (lit or unlit) cigar in the other?

And whether the product of beer-induced tunnel vision, total lack of concern, or general ignorance, beer-and-cigar guy (and his beer-and-cigar buddies) is always spouting off with little regard for those around him.
    He’ll be happy to add a few colorful words to your child’s vocabulary and will offer unrestrained praise for the assets of the fairer sex he spots in the gallery.

Yell “Baba Booey,” or “mashed potatoes,” or “get in the hole”

You’d like to think that even repeat “Baba Booey-ers” are annoyed when they hear the signature exclamation of golf fan idiocy bellowed as a Tour pro tees off.
    If you find yourself compelled to belt out the above or any other ridiculous exclamation for that most-rewarding knowledge that you “got on television,” please don’t.
    It’s a race to the bottom with these folks, and the upcoming season will bring with it new moronic vocalization.
    Great.

Trample or otherwise fight children for autographs

Look, I understand adults have the right to ask pros for autographs. Maybe you have a sports memorabilia business, want to make a quick buck on eBay, or are merely looking proudly display a signed Phil Mickelson 8-by-10 in your office.

All of that is fine. Still, children must have first priority in the hunter for Tour pros’ Sharpie scribbles.
    Why?
    Do you not remember being a kid? Do you not remember the deities that professional athletes were to you? Do you not remember the overwhelming sentimental value of an autograph?
    Autographs are most important to children and children’s enjoyment of golf is most important to the future of the game.
    Don’t be one of those guys trampling children in an effort to get Adam Scott’s autograph.

Offer on-course commentary

Have you seen this guy (and it’s usually a guy)? He posts up at a hole and shares his expansive knowledge of the game of golf and the players on the PGA Tour with anyone who will listen. As he’s often attending the tournament alone, he has no choice but to scatter his pearls of wisdom before strangers.

In addition providing color commentary (“Dufner’s wife is hot”…”He has great hands. Shouldn’t have any trouble with this pitch”), he’ll share his green reads with anyone in his proximity.
    He’s honed the reads, of course, from camping out at the same green all day.

Act like an idiot around Tiger Woods/ say stupid things when players walk by

The two behaviors above go hand in hand. It’s a gross oversimplification to say golf fan behavior has gotten worse in the near two decades Tiger Woods has been on tour. Still, there is an element of truth in that statement. Certainly, there are fans who pay the price of admission purely to see El Tigre who wouldn’t otherwise be in the gallery of a PGA Tour event.

And unlike most other sports, golfers walk right in front of fans. Thus, anyone in the gallery can say basically anything to any player’s face. For those who enjoy heckling from the cheap seats, the opportunity is too much to pass up and they end up saying something dumb to a player. Multiply this by at least a power of 10 where Tiger Woods is concerned.

Inappropriately bust out your camera phone

[youtube id=”kIJqVG3gzWs” width=”620″ height=”360″]
    Whatever the cell phone policy of the event you’re attending is, can you please adhere to it?
    And don’t try to snap a photo of Bubba Watson for Instagram or record his swing to post to YouTube.
    Just don’t.

Try to sneak by when marshals have quiet signs raised

Don’t you love these people? If you’ve been to a PGA Tour event you’ve seen them: When the marshal in your immediate vicinity raises his/her hands because a player is about to hit, everyone stops dead in their tracks.

Everyone, that is, except the slithering or obvious doofus to whom the rules apparently do not apply.
    Don’t be a marshal-disobeyer.

Show up without a clue

Here’s something you shouldn’t do mostly for your own sake, not because it aggravates others, but rather because it compromised your experience at a PGA Tour event: Don’t show up without a clue.

Check the list of prohibited items. If you bring a bag, make sure it’s clear. Have some idea of the course layout. Figure out if you want to follow groups (Who? When? Where?), or if you want to hang out at a hole and watch players come through.
    An ounce of preparation will save you a lot of wasted time wandering around like an idiot, and it’ll increase your enjoyment of the event substantially.

Interrupt a trophy presentation and make bird calls

Finally, don’t do this…

Y

Your Reaction?

i hope you wrote that article and didnt copy it thinking it is accurate

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Looks from the picture that all of them are white. Do other races watch golf?

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Looks from the picture that all of them are white. Do other races watch golf?
    we arent all greek like you

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who is even watching ?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Blowout

dlowilly

Bunch of clowns

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Golf is too stuffy even for a white ass dude like myself, they make it interesting. As long as they aren not screaming during guys actual swings, get over yourself.

Oh someone sneezed 200 feet away while I'm putting, boo fuggin who.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Golf is too stuffy even for a white ass dude like myself, they make it interesting. As long as they aren not screaming during guys actual swings, get over yourself.

Oh someone sneezed 200 feet away while I'm putting, boo fuggin who.
    But they are

Big reason I started the thread

Also, if u have any self respect don't be a cuck and do the self deprecating white guy thing like you've been propagandized to do.
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave dlowilly 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Totally agree with OP. New Yorkers are the loudest, most obnoxious people on the planet. Whoever decided Bethpage was a good place to host a Ryder Cup is a moron. These people will embarrass the entire country.

Rosie O'Donnell, Cardi B, Michael Rappaport, Donald Trump, Stephen A. Smith, Max Kellerman, Jets fans, Maddog Russo, Spike Lee, Alec Baldwin, Nicki Minaj, Howard Stern, Mike Francesca, Joy Behar.......you want me to keep going? Each one is louder and more obnoxious than the last.

Embarrassing.

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Lot of loud mouthed yankees in the crowd that need their wig split it sounds like
    Was thinking the same thing today.

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Totally agree with OP. New Yorkers are the loudest, most obnoxious people on the planet. Whoever decided Bethpage was a good place to host a Ryder Cup is a moron. These people will embarrass the entire country.

Rosie O'Donnell, Cardi B, Michael Rappaport, Donald Trump, Stephen A. Smith, Max Kellerman, Jets fans, Maddog Russo, Spike Lee, Alec Baldwin, Nicki Minaj, Howard Stern, Mike Francesca, Joy Behar.......you want me to keep going? Each one is louder and more obnoxious than the last.

Embarrassing.
    What's embarrassing is stuck up white elitist golf fans thinking they can control shit like that.

Get over yourself for real

Is it sad that people are so basic that I already know you're politics and persuasion just buy a stupid post on the gambling site?

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    But they are

Big reason I started the thread

Also, if u have any self respect don't be a cuck and do the self deprecating white guy thing like you've been propagandized to do.
    Who gives a penetrate? These guys make millions of dollars a year, every single sport in the world has a yelling and screaming and noises during a action.

Every. Single. one.

Should we yell at the birds or planes or boats or helicopters or cars etc going by during the action to?

This isn't the public library.

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by turbobets View Post
    Was thinking the same thing today.
    I can assure you New Yorkers will split your penetrating wig

Harry N. Lloyd

What's embarrassing is stuck up white elitist golf fans thinking they can control shit like that.

Get over yourself for real

Is it sad that people are so basic that I already know you're politics and persuasion just buy a stupid post on the gambling site?
    And I already know 'your' level of education 'by' a stupid post.

Put down the keyboard and pick up a book.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Who gives a penetrate? These guys make millions of dollars a year, every single sport in the world has a yelling and screaming and noises during a action.

Every. Single. one.

Should we yell at the birds or planes or boats or helicopters or cars etc going by during the action to?

This isn't the public library.
    individual sports don't

tennis - no noise
    bowling - no noise
    golf - no noise
    ice skating - no noise

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    individual sports don't

tennis - no noise
    bowling - no noise
    golf - no noise
    ice skating - no noise
    Holy shit well I was at the US open (tennis) and it certainly wasn't quiet.

As I said before, as long as they're not actually yelling in the backswing, which I watched all four days and never heard on TV or stream, then I'm okay with them being rambunctious.

Even Koepka said they never yelled during his backswing but talk plenty of shit in between, which is totally great for the sport, trust me

milwaukee mike

Holy shit well I was at the US open (tennis) and it certainly wasn't quiet.

As I said before, as long as they're not actually yelling in the backswing, which I watched all four days and never heard on TV or stream, then I'm okay with them being rambunctious.

Even Koepka said they never yelled during his backswing but talk plenty of shit in between, which is totally great for the sport, trust me
    i've been to the us open tennis and where i was sitting it was so quiet you could hear every grunt/squeak/hit

yeah it's not a really big deal, these golfers/caddies get a bit ridiculous... i've been yelled at more than once for taking pictures or doing stuff that isn't rude or disrespectful

near the end when someone was yelling while dj was swinging, that could've decided the tournament, that's uncalled for and i've never found anything funny about "get in the hole" on a 400 yard tee shot

and i was at the ryder cup where people said some really nasty stuff to willett's family and were shouting all kinds of nasty stuff, that certainly wasn't good for the game and i was embarassed for the whole country

Harry N. Lloyd

Let it go, Milwaukee Mike. If you have to explain why certain sports demand more class from the fans......you're probably talking to a loudmouth moron.....which is exactly what this thread is pointing out.

Some areas of the country (and world) have more class and decorum than others.

New Yorkers are loud and obnoxious.....and are not as funny as they think they are.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Whoever decided Bethpage was a good place to host a Ryder Cup is a moron.
    1000 percent correct. This will turn out to be a horrible decision.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    individual sports don't

tennis - no noise
    bowling - no noise
    golf - no noise
    ice skating - no noise
    LOL at those "sports"

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    1000 percent correct. This will turn out to be a horrible decision.
    Golf

Lol

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i hope you wrote that article and didnt copy it thinking it is accurate
    lol rudy mad he's all of these guys

accurate as fukk!

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Golf

Lol
    what do you have against golf?

it's right in my wheelhouse... you can ride around and drink, while still scoring the same on any particular hole that a professional would

my basketball skills while drunk are terrible, and you have to run back and forth, no fun in that

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

mike brings up a lot of strong points