gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raise your hand if you think Federer will beat Nadal..

Shame on you, for not realizing that the worst thing Fed could have done was beat Nadal two weeks ago in Rome, breaking Nadal's 80-something clay court winning streak.

All he did was get Rafa's attention, and when the two take the court at Roland Garros on Sunday, I just don't see Rafa letting down again.......

I believe Rafa -- the greatest clay court tennis player in history -- will win in 4 or 5.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

h

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fed

gridironguy

Those of you Fed backers are getting great odds right now..

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this will go 5 sets.

Won't ruin the pleasure of watching it with any bets.

tribet
    tribet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Nadal in 4 for me.

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by tribet View Post
    Nadal in 4 for me.
    I'm saying 4 or 5, but perhaps my heart wants a classic 5-setter.

I'm inclined to agree with you though, if I had to pick the number of sets I would say Nadal wins it in 4 (again).

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

We are on Nadal.
    Last edited by zootiehead; 06-09-07 at 05:04 AM.

Lucas
    i am broke
    Lucas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer should be around -140, only one shady fact I see... JJ likes Fedex too

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    -140 or +140?

Lucas
    i am broke

favorite: -140 ..yes

eve
    eve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fed 4 eva (Forever)

Lucas
    i am broke

3:0 +1050 on fed has big value too.. if he wins first set, he hould beat him, Nadal will lose some service and he would lose to Davydenko, Djokovic was too slow for him

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Whooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. hold on big fella..

Are you aware that Nadal has beaten Fed the past two years at the French? both times in only 4 sets.

Fed beat him in Hamburg a few weeks back, ending Nadal's 81 game clay winning streak. It was one freaking match, and the match did not mean as much to Nadal as it did to Fed.

The oddsmakers, and the bettors who are betting Nadal and moving the price, have this one right. Win or lose, Nadal deserves the respect of being the decided fav tomorrow.

Lucas
    i am broke

ok
    let we see

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll be shocked if Federer wins more than one set, and he may not get that. Nadal 6-4, 6-3, 4-6, 6-2.

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I'll be shocked if Federer wins more than one set, and he may not get that. Nadal 6-4, 6-3, 4-6, 6-2.
    Razz, you say you'll be shocked if Fed wins a set, then you predict that he will win a set!!! Interesting.

Even though he struggled some against Davydenko, Fed is playing the best clay-court tennis right now that I have ever seen him play. Considering that he took 1 set off of Nadal in each of the past two meetings at the French, it is not a stretch at all to say that he can not only 1, but perhaps 2 sets off of Nadal.

Naaaaaahhh, 3 sets to 1, Rafa.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

All right, since noone does, i'll dare say it.

Federer wins tomorrow.

If nothing else, at least i'll be the only one to do it.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think that any time you can get a plus number next to Federer just to win, you've got to consider it a value bet.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by gridironguy View Post
    Razz, you say you'll be shocked if Fed wins a set, then you predict that he will win a set!!! Interesting.
    No, I'll be shocked if he wins more than one.

homedog
    homedog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

There is no "value" in losing, guys.

Mistaflava
    Mistaflava's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roger Federer @3.00 over Rafael Nadal ($5000 to win $10000)

There is a lot to be said, a lot to be learned and now is not the time to bet with your cocks. So forget about which player is your favourite, forget about which player you love and think more of how much more you could love them if they show you some cash ****in money by winning or losing this match.I am not a big fan of Roger Federer's and I am not a big fan of the way he plays but right off the bat, the oddsmakers have slapped him in the face and dropped huge underdog odds on him. There comes a time in a every professional athletes life where all they really want to do is accomplish what they could not in the past. It happens in the NHL, all the guys want their names on the Stanley Cup before they retire. It happens in basketball, all the veteran guys like Karl Malone want a ring before they retire. Pete Sampras is one of the greatest of all-time but his legacy will never be the same as some of the other tennis greats who have won each slam at least once. That's how it works. Guys are remembered for championships won more than personal accomplishments which is why Roger Federer needs this win more than anything else in his career. However, the biggest mistake people tend to make is comparing Sampras with Federer. Pete Sampras won only 63% of his career matches on clay courts, was 24-13 at the French Open and never once reached the FINAL. Roger Federer has won almost 80% of his career matches on clay courts and is 26-7 at the French Open having reached the FINAL once and lost to Nadal. My point here is that Federer is twenty times more likely to win Roland Garros than Sampras was and nobody seems to understand that. For me it all started in Hamburg, and yes I know Nadal was tired but he's young and he's fit, when Federer ended Nadal record shattering win streak on clay courts. Not only did that win give Roger the kind of confidence boost he needed heading into the French Open but it also let Roger know that he can beat Nadal on this surface and he can beat him good. You also all forget that Roger took the first set from Nadal in last year's final and was within a few points of forcing a fifth set. The last 12 months have been a very good indication of what Roger's intentions are that those intentions are to win the French Open. Since last year's finals loss to Nadal, Federer is 32-0 in BEST OF FIVE SETS matches having destroyed everyone in his path while Nadal has shown at times that he is vulnerable and beatable. His losses to Federer in Hamburg, Gonzalez at the Australian Open and Mikhail Youzhny at the US Open are all signs to me that Rafa is not untouchable and that Roger has really stepped his game up since their meeting a year ago. The year leading up to Federer's loss in last year's French Open final, he had lost to Nadal in Rome, he had lost to Nadal in Monte Carlo and he had lost to David Nalbandian in Shanghai. Well this time around guys not only did he beat Nadal prior to the French Open but he also beat every single opponent he faced in a BEST OF FIVE SET match...something he has never done leading up to a French Open tournament. Believe me when I tell you guys that Roger is ready, Roger is loaded and Roger is more than capable of finally winning this elusive tournament. He is not getting younger so it's not like he would be okay with a loss here, it would be devastating. Nadal has yet to lose a set in this tournament but Federer is the one guy who probably has Nadal a little bit worried right and I say that only because he finally lost to him on clay courts and he is well aware what this tournament means to Roger. I you checkout my situation rating below, let it be known that Nadal had a big advantage on this heading into last year's final (and he won of course) but this year he does not. I am not going to discuss this match anymore but this is my largest wager of the year in tennis and I could not have been happier to have odds like this on the best all-around tennis player in the planet. GO FEDERER!

Roger Federer Situation Rating: 5.69
    Rafael Nadal Situation Rating: 4.90

Edge: Federer by 0.79

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I will play Fed small, I think it gores 5 sets though.

gridironguy

Mistaflava, as I stated in another thread, I have read your stuff on other boards, and I like your write-ups and respect your capping ability greatly. But I think you're wrong on this one.

Paralysis by over analysis

Fed has Rafa's FULL attention -- I guarantee you. Fed grew up playing on clay courts in Switzerland, most people do not know that. He is very comfortable on clay, unless he is playing Rafa.

2 French Opens in a row, 2 straight 3-1 losses in sets to Rafa.
    Complete domination by Rafa.

If Fed hadn't beaten Rafa in Hamburg, I'd like his chances much more tomorrow. He has Rafa's full attention, and when the chips are down, you've gotta go with the 21 yr old Rafa who is still young, hungry, and superbly talented on the dirt..

I hate to see you lose $5000, but unfortunately for you I think it will happen tomorrow..

Mistaflava

'' Federer said. ''I just have one match to go. Hopefully I can do it this year.''

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by Mistaflava View Post

I hope you're joking with these numbers.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Mistaflava View Post
    Roger Federer @3.00 over Rafael Nadal ($5000 to win $10000)

There is a lot to be said, a lot to be learned and now is not the time to bet with your cocks. So forget about which player is your favourite, forget about which player you love and think more of how much more you could love them if they show you some cash ****in money by winning or losing this match.I am not a big fan of Roger Federer's and I am not a big fan of the way he plays but right off the bat, the oddsmakers have slapped him in the face and dropped huge underdog odds on him. There comes a time in a every professional athletes life where all they really want to do is accomplish what they could not in the past. It happens in the NHL, all the guys want their names on the Stanley Cup before they retire. It happens in basketball, all the veteran guys like Karl Malone want a ring before they retire. Pete Sampras is one of the greatest of all-time but his legacy will never be the same as some of the other tennis greats who have won each slam at least once. That's how it works. Guys are remembered for championships won more than personal accomplishments which is why Roger Federer needs this win more than anything else in his career. However, the biggest mistake people tend to make is comparing Sampras with Federer. Pete Sampras won only 63% of his career matches on clay courts, was 24-13 at the French Open and never once reached the FINAL. Roger Federer has won almost 80% of his career matches on clay courts and is 26-7 at the French Open having reached the FINAL once and lost to Nadal. My point here is that Federer is twenty times more likely to win Roland Garros than Sampras was and nobody seems to understand that. For me it all started in Hamburg, and yes I know Nadal was tired but he's young and he's fit, when Federer ended Nadal record shattering win streak on clay courts. Not only did that win give Roger the kind of confidence boost he needed heading into the French Open but it also let Roger know that he can beat Nadal on this surface and he can beat him good. You also all forget that Roger took the first set from Nadal in last year's final and was within a few points of forcing a fifth set. The last 12 months have been a very good indication of what Roger's intentions are that those intentions are to win the French Open. Since last year's finals loss to Nadal, Federer is 32-0 in BEST OF FIVE SETS matches having destroyed everyone in his path while Nadal has shown at times that he is vulnerable and beatable. His losses to Federer in Hamburg, Gonzalez at the Australian Open and Mikhail Youzhny at the US Open are all signs to me that Rafa is not untouchable and that Roger has really stepped his game up since their meeting a year ago. The year leading up to Federer's loss in last year's French Open final, he had lost to Nadal in Rome, he had lost to Nadal in Monte Carlo and he had lost to David Nalbandian in Shanghai. Well this time around guys not only did he beat Nadal prior to the French Open but he also beat every single opponent he faced in a BEST OF FIVE SET match...something he has never done leading up to a French Open tournament. Believe me when I tell you guys that Roger is ready, Roger is loaded and Roger is more than capable of finally winning this elusive tournament. He is not getting younger so it's not like he would be okay with a loss here, it would be devastating. Nadal has yet to lose a set in this tournament but Federer is the one guy who probably has Nadal a little bit worried right and I say that only because he finally lost to him on clay courts and he is well aware what this tournament means to Roger. I you checkout my situation rating below, let it be known that Nadal had a big advantage on this heading into last year's final (and he won of course) but this year he does not. I am not going to discuss this match anymore but this is my largest wager of the year in tennis and I could not have been happier to have odds like this on the best all-around tennis player in the planet. GO FEDERER!

This will end similarly.

gridironguy

Closing in on showtime here fellas..

moses millsap

Just going to watch this one with no action. Wanted Nadal, but -220 is too much to lay.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i dont even know what sport your talking about

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    i dont even know what sport your talking about

Read the first thread.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

Nadal 6-3,4-6,6-3,6-4.

$40million traded on betfair on this match

moses millsap

Roger is still Rafa's bitch at Roland Garros.

Mistaflava

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    Just going to watch this one with no action. Wanted Nadal, but -220 is too much to lay.
    I´m sorry for you

Congrats to all Nadal backers

12 Last