KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Traveler's Championship Cromwell Connecticut

Bubba Watson was a champion here in 2010 and a runner up in 2012. He began as the odds on favorite to win this Sunday. Now he’s leading after round one by two strokes. I’d like to point out that it’s not easy to win a tournament after being the sole leader in the first round.

Hell no for Watson, not this year…I’m going with the Field vs Watson -245, using it in parlays, and will continue to check the Field vs Watson offerings each day.

One golfer flying under the radar who may fair well this weekend is Jason Bohn. I’m picking up Jason Bohn -155 vs Bo Van Pelt as well as Bohn -1/2 (-127) vs. Bo Van Pelt… both plays for the Second round.

I do not expect Bohn to win, but I expect him to be up there come Sunday.

I also expect Harris English to be on the leaderboard come Sunday and am picking up Harris English +1400. There may be an opportunity to sell back come Sunday. English vs. Padraig Harrington for the 2nd round is just too expensive.

Zach Johnson could also be on the leaderboard come Sunday, he was a tremendous value before the tournament began and likely, hopefully, a sucker bet.

Good Luck

Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave KVB 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Watson loves this course and he will be tough to beat

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Offtopic but KVB I do not want to bump a certain thread but we got our Bohn Bohn's kicked....what do you think about Bubble Gum +195 now?
    Fuggin Bohn, I had that one outright wrong. Van Pelt played better than I thought too; I got fooled by the line. Still have a bit of a position in Bubba to not win, was happy to see him relinquish the lead, but maybe too soon. It’s kind of like when a team loses the lead in the 3rd quarter only to take it back and win in the fourth.

You’ll find with almost all of my plays, I hate to be winning early and almost always have to come from behind. With Bubba in 2nd place, and as much as I have of him to not win the tournament, it kind of feels like I’m winning…Uh, oh. For this reason, I am not buying more NOT Watson at -230.

At this point, it's very tough to tell who's going to win, if it’s not Watson. I don't think it's going to be Harman and the markets sure point to Watson, not because he’s favored, but also when positions and odds are considered for players in contention.

But screw the markets, if it's not Bubba then who? I can't place my finger on it just yet (Probably makes it Watson). Zach Johnson still looks like a sucker bet and I look for him to tease the suckers tomorrow.

Thing about Johnson, well, there’s a few things. I look at most sports through several lenses and Johnson, who seemed like a gift of a number when the tournament started, has some appeal.

From a market perspective, I have reasons to believe some of the deeper value bets will pay in the upcoming weeks. Some of these warrant risk if the conditions are right. You can’t force these things.

Specifically, I think the Watson comeback is a bit of a decoy and the winner comes from further behind. Snedeker is, of course, live in this situation, but so is Zach Johnson.

While I have forgone the early real value in Johnson, I’m picking up Zach Johnson +1020 to win it all. I am avoiding any matchup and am not afraid to sell back for profit as I have a good position in NO Bubba and remember what I said about giving back after a good win.

Harman will likely lose a stroke or two very early on Sunday and blow this thing wide open. When that happens, let’s see who, if anyone makes a run at Bubbs.

Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave KVB 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Take a listen, Zach Johnson knows what's up with the drama on the back nine...

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

KVB with a thoughtful and insightful write up. Rained about an inch last night but they are playing it down today. Adv Bubba. He's a head case but he's a pro golfer, they're all a little screwy. It's honestly about a par 67 for him.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Paul Casey shoots 5 under to come from the -11 through 54 holes crowd. The same crowd where Zach Johnson and Brandt Snedeker were sitting.

Bubba with a key bogey at 17, perhaps making up a bit for the eagle he nailed earlier today.

Playoff time.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Tough to hit such specific analysis two weeks in a row. It was a good overall effort by Casey but there was a reason Bubba was favored. Nice finish.

We'll get them again, best to wait for the plays to come to us than to force it. These markets will reveal themselves again; it's best to manage the money to make sure you're there when it does. Patience and discipline will prevail.

Turn it up...

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Watson loves easy courses

Casey having strong year