ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Four-time olympic gold medalist: Slavery descendants have a ‘superior athletic gene’

Four-time Olympic gold medalist Michael Johnson said he believes the reason black athletes tend to dominate certain competitions is because the descendants of slaves have a “superior athletic gene.”The retired American sprinter, who recently traced his lineage back to West Africa as part of a British documentary, told the Daily Mail slavery has left “an imprint through the generations.”“Over the last few years, athletes of Afro-Caribbean and Afro-American descent have dominated athletics finals,” Johnson said. “It’s a fact that hasn’t been discussed openly before. It’s a taboo subject in the States but it is what it is. Why shouldn’t we discuss it?”The Mail explained:
    Some scientists believe a combination of selective breeding by slave owners and appalling conditions meant that only the strongest slaves endured, creating a group predisposed to record-breaking athletic performance.African slaves underwent a rigorous selection process and only the fittest were transported on ships.
    “All my life I believed I became an athlete through my own determination, but it’s impossible to think that being descended from slaves hasn’t left an imprint through the generations,” Johnson said.“Difficult as it was to hear, slavery has benefited descendants like me – I believe there is a superior athletic gene in us.”
    As Yahoo! Sports observed, it took about a week for Johnson’s comments to gain notice in the U.S.:
    For good reason: It’s a third rail topic in the States. Even intelligent debate on the subject runs the risk of becoming controversial. Any statement is treated as polarizing.The comments section on the Daily Mail piece is a fine example. Either Johnson is a hero for bringing his views to light or he’s ignorant for his “trash” beliefs. There’s no middle ground in a topic like this.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Why is it racist if a white person or asian person suggests their races are smarter concerning standardized testing, math, and science?

Bazz27
    Bazz27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2896

THE GREEK made that comment 30 yrs ago and his tv sports tipping career ended that day !!!

probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

He forgot to mention that one of the fact for which they were brought is because they were stronger that any other race, a native indian would die doing the farm labor that black people were endured to do. If you add that to what he says it makes sense. Hittler also forced selection, no wonder Dirk beat the hell out of Lebron last year.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

yeah huge double standard. and its no secret that the slave owners benefitted from some survival of the fittest with the boat conditios killing many week africans. they further benefitted by breeding the biggest strongest men and women. Johnson has the right idea, but it just stronger genes from a manipulated gene pool. not one single gene.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    He forgot to mention that one of the fact for which they were brought is because they were stronger that any other race, a native indian would die doing the farm labor that black people were endured to do. If you add that to what he says it makes sense. Hittler also forced selection, no wonder Dirk beat the hell out of Lebron last year.

strongest of the dumb. wasnt like bulgarians and icelanders were getting enslaved at the same rate....

PickWinnerAllDay

I have no problem saying that a black person is going to be able to jump higher, run faster, etc. than a white.

Why is it racist if you acknowledge that whites and asians can do things academically that blacks can't?

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

sick of that fukkin bitch Chi Archie

go play w/ your fukking chimps, zookeepr

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I have no problem saying that a black person is going to be able to jump higher, run faster, etc. than a white.

Why is it racist if you acknowledge that whites and asians can do things academically that blacks can't?
    As long as you use scientific evidence is not racist, if you use your dumb opinion then is racist. Copy and paste some scientific article and we will believe you.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

truthful comments got great american Rush limbaugh in hot water too.

PickWinnerAllDay

As long as you use scientific evidence is not racist, if you use your dumb opinion then is racist. Copy and paste some scientific article and we will believe you.
    There have been studies that log standardized testing results with results separated for socio-economic factors.

And whites/asians scored dramatically higher than blacks. I know my opinion/beliefs. If you don't know yours, feel free to look up whatever info you feel is necessary.

probettor1

There have been studies that log standardized testing results with results separated for socio-economic factors.

And whites/asians scored dramatically higher than blacks. I know my opinion/beliefs. If you don't know yours, feel free to look up whatever info you feel is necessary.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    strongest of the dumb. wasnt like bulgarians and icelanders were getting enslaved at the same rate....
    They were getting enslaved 1500 years before that.

ttwarrior1

probettor1

This country has been going down at a fast speed, still Obama has been making a bunch of money meanwhile, and still will probably be re-elected. It proves that obama is smartest that most americans. And is black.

PickWinnerAllDay

This country has been going down at a fast speed, still Obama has been making a bunch of money meanwhile, and still will probably be re-elected. It proves that obama is smartest that most americans. And is black.
    Half of Obama's heritage is white...

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    They were getting enslaved 1500 years before that.

no doubt. The dominant societies have and still do enslave the weakest people groups that they can within reason. Africa wasn't really reasonable in the BC's

there are more slaves today than any other time in history...

probettor1

If there was a league for white players in basketball, like white NBA would any one watch it?

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

White and Black people have more of different types of muscle fibers. Black people have more fast twitch muscles, better for speed sports. White people have more slow twitch muscles, good for sports like power lifting.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    White and Black people have more of different types of muscle fibers. Black people have more fast twitch muscles, better for speed sports. White people have more slow twitch muscles, good for sports like power lifting.
    This is wrong, power lifting also uses fast twitch fibers. Slow twitch fibers are for endurance stuff, like marathons, cycling, and long swimming events.

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

But Johnson is right. Black people have really good genes when it comes to physical abilities because of the slavery thing. They build muscle faster, have on average lower levels of fat, etc. That's not to say you can't have fat black people, we know there are millions of them. But that has to do with income and the food sources they are able to afford.

As far as the whole standardized testing thing, as hard as they work on making the tests non-biased, it's almost impossible. Minorities are at a disadvantage when taking those tests, just like non-blacks are at a disadvantage if they want to compete in physical activities with black people.

Let's call it a push.

ttwarrior1

they also got the fat gene, racist gene, dumb gene, and a few mo

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

this is actually true. There is no scientific explanation though, saying black people are genetically less intelligent based on this information would be racist. It has to do with overall culture and the parenting within it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    they also got the fat gene, racist gene, dumb gene, and a few mo

wow, TT is apparently BLACK...

TT, can you dance? TT how long is your schlong?

some good responses coop.

its true its not just nature its nurture too when we talk intelligence ect.

probettor1

Pickawinner

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    this is actually true. There is no scientific explanation though, saying black people are genetically less intelligent based on this information would be racist. It has to do with overall culture and the parenting within it.
    Possibly. But at the same time, I don't think it is insane to say that asian minds might be more powerful than african minds... Think back 500-1000 years ago, to what the average Asian mind would do on a day to day basis compared to the average African mind.

It is cultural, but it isn't crazy to think that brains can evolve within a culture... Or undergo de-evolution.

My favorite movie of all time is probably Idiocracy...

probettor1

Possibly. But at the same time, I don't think it is insane to say that asian minds might be more powerful than african minds... Think back 500-1000 years ago, to what the average Asian mind would do on a day to day basis compared to the average African mind.

It is cultural, but it isn't crazy to think that brains can evolve within a culture... Or undergo de-evolution.

My favorite movie of all time is probably Idiocracy...
    Pickawinner do you have insomnia?

PickWinnerAllDay

Pickawinner do you have insomnia?
    Yeah man, I hate sleep. I sleep 4-5 hours a night max. Sleep around 4, wake up around 9.

probettor1

Yeah man, I hate sleep. I sleep 4-5 hours a night max. Sleep around 4, wake up around 9.
    We should be friend bro, we are both ******

PickWinnerAllDay

We should be friend bro, we are both ******
    I dunno what it is actually. Even when I was like 10-11 I would hate sleep. Only thing that gets me to sleep is alcohol or muscle relaxers... neither too great for you regularly.

probettor1

Betting/gambling/posting make it worse. It is 3 am here, have to wake up at 7.30 am.

probettor1

pickawinner I'm always busting balls, but I really like every one here, sorry for trolling you some times, you are a nice kid.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

We don't sleep around here

12 Last