mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Well, Gelfand finally drew first blood. A rather dull game, Anand was left with a bad bishop, and white knights penetrated easily.

Now things look bad for Anand, he has 3 chances left with white. What shall he play? In chessbookie (played with worthless tokens, but still solid parimutuel lines), Grunfeld is favored at +160, followed by Sicilian +171. After that, all other option are +1000 or higher (English, QGD, Petroff, etc).

In other things, chess matches of this level tend to be dull. Very few decided games in recent long mateches: Kasparov-Kramnik, Kramnik-Leko, Kramnik-Topalov, Kramnik-Anand, Anand-Topalov... I do not remember an exciting match recently. Only Topalov dinamic style made some lively moments, but he finally was defeated twice.
    Anand has over twenty years of high level player. If he ever has a novelty or pet line to show the world, now is the time. It should get more interesting, it has too

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Well, Gelfand finally drew first blood. A rather dull game, Anand was left with a bad bishop, and white knights penetrated easily.

Now things look bad for Anand, he has 3 chances left with white. What shall he play? In chessbookie (played with worthless tokens, but still solid parimutuel lines), Grunfeld is favored at +160, followed by Sicilian +171. After that, all other option are +1000 or higher (English, QGD, Petroff, etc).

In other things, chess matches of this level tend to be dull. Very few decided games in recent long mateches: Kasparov-Kramnik, Kramnik-Leko, Kramnik-Topalov, Kramnik-Anand, Anand-Topalov... I do not remember an exciting match recently. Only Topalov dinamic style made some lively moments, but he finally was defeated twice.
    Even b4 this, Kaspy-Short, and the 5 Kaspy-Karpov matches did not set the world on fire on the board. The drama from the 2k matches were from length, attrition, and the difference of styles.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

wow, gelfand with a nice crushing position in game 7! It's rare to see anand dominated like that in a chess game. Forced mate on it's way with no way out. I wonder what the odds on Anand are now? 5Dimes doesn't seem to have an offer for it. I have no doubt in my mind Anand can take 1 out of 5 from Gelfand.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    Even b4 this, Kaspy-Short, and the 5 Kaspy-Karpov matches did not set the world on fire on the board. The drama from the 2k matches were from length, attrition, and the difference of styles.
    Kasparov Karpov were all incredible matches I have no idea what you're talking about

People still discussing them

Kasparov-Short games all had a ton of play in them

Don't agree at all

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

anand wins the next game with a nice queen trap. I'm kind of surprised gelfand was so aggressive holding the lead.

mathdotcom

Just a huge blunder on Gelfand's part

mathdotcom

Tiebreaks obviously favor Anand here but not as much as people think.

Liking my Gelfand +282 or whatever the number was

mathdotcom

Could you imagine if Pinnacle had live betting on this ???

mathdotcom

Anand wins best of 4 rapid games 2.5-1.5

Such a joke to have WCh decided this way, but it is what it is.

Gelfand really was outmatched in the rapid format.

First 12