milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

notice how there's no TIGER WOODS threads when he's doing well?

but if he misses a cut or has a bad round then there's 10 new threads in pt saying how much he sucks

just like jordan or kobe or lebron, for some reason a large % of the sports-watching public roots for these guys to fail just because of their greatness

and don't give me that b.s. that it's only because he was cheating on his wife because there were just as many haters before that

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Woods come across as arrogant and not appreciative of the fact that he makes millions for putting a little rock.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Woods come across as arrogant and not appreciative of the fact that he makes millions for putting a little rock.
    and haters come across as arrogant and not appreciative of the fact that in his prime he was the best golfer in the history of the world.

he doesn't have to be a choir boy, and fans for the most part like john daly don't they? ooh maybe it's because daly is white and can get away with cheating on his wives, not talking to the media, quitting tournaments, etc and people will still like him...

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

I do not follow golf, so I could care less that he was the best. I could also care less that he's half black/Asian. Maybe some dislike him for the reason that he dominated a traditional white sport at one time. But I can assure you I do not fall in that category. I just do not like the way he presents himself.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Rooting for him to fail since he started.

Don't care if he gets a hole in one on every shot.

No difference between him and bowlers, dart-throwers.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

This is why I keep bumping blacker's post about tiger nut huggers

How many guys in there say he will never win again?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pics of his niece?

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    I do not follow golf, so I could care less that he was the best. I could also care less that he's half black/Asian. Maybe some dislike him for the reason that he dominated a traditional white sport at one time. But I can assure you I do not fall in that category. I just do not like the way he presents himself.

I can personally simplify this. I could care less period.

Scores of better things to follow in the great game of golf. With all the great young players nowadays I have little or no interest in Tiger Woods. I appreciate all he has done for golf but choose to live in the present as a fan of the game.

milwaukee mike

completely rational posts in here, no problem with you guys that don't care either way

but you must admit every time he is injured or misses a cut there are 100 people on here laughing their asses off for some reason.

yet i only saw one thread about phil mickelson playing a terrible round and then quitting because he was tired on thursday

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    I can personally simplify this. I could care less period.

Scores of better things to follow in the great game of golf. With all the great young players nowadays I have little or no interest in Tiger Woods. I appreciate all he has done for golf but choose to live in the present as a fan of the game.
    and might i say that a large % of these great young players in the world would be doing something else if it weren't for tiger and the huge bump up he brought to purse money.
    the 100th best player in the world now makes over $1 million/year + endorsements, if that was only $100,000 then there's no way this many good athletes would put all their time and effort into golf from an early age.
    Last edited by milwaukee mike; 06-02-12 at 09:01 AM. Reason: wow you can't type i.point?

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    and might i say that a large % of these great young players in the world would be doing something else if it weren't for tiger and the huge bump up he brought to purse money.
    the 100th best player in the world now makes over $1 million/year + endorsements, if that was only $100,000 then there's no way this many good athletes would put all their time and effort into golf from an early age.
    Don't really care.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

he has always done extremely well in this tournie...people dont care unless its a major

milwaukee mike

you're a fan of the game but you don't care that rory mcilroy, dustin johnson, rickie fowler, etc play?

i am only a fan of the game because of the quality of players.
    when poker money got crazy good, it's amazing how many smart guys started playing it rather than doing something else

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rory has been 10x worse than Tiger the last 6 months

Its is sooooooooooooooooooooo hard to win 1 tourney a year on tour

Guys have no clue about Golf

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I don't follow golf much, but i'm rooting for Tiger to get back to where he was before and just absolutely dominate tourneys/majors.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    I don't follow golf much, but i'm rooting for Tiger to get back to where he was before and just absolutely dominate tourneys/majors.
    probably ain't gonna happen but i'm with you leafer!
    golf is so much more interesting to watch (and bet on) when tiger is near the top of the leaderboard

jjgold

Today is a prime example of the Tiger factor

I would never would watch if he was not in tourney or way out of it

Now I will watch every fukkin hole

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

how many new threads are really started when he is playing bad

more bumps of old threads. people don't like em. he's a fukkin doosh

will still stick by my original comment. don't think he will win this weekend.

don't think he will ever win big again. don't think he will ever win another major

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

but if he misses a cut or has a bad round then there's 10 new threads in pt saying how much he sucks

just like jordan or kobe or lebron, for some reason a large % of the sports-watching public roots for these guys to fail just because of their greatness

and don't give me that b.s. that it's only because he was cheating on his wife because there were just as many haters before that
    Actually I think it is because he cheated on his wife. It's more like... great career... had the affair crap... career took a splash... can he get it back?? Athletes have affairs all the time... you're away from your wife... sometimes a month at a time... who do you think is sucking on his rooster? his teammate? F no. Whores all over the US in major cities.
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 06-02-12 at 09:36 AM.

billysink

you're a fan of the game but you don't care that rory mcilroy, dustin johnson, rickie fowler, etc play?

i am only a fan of the game because of the quality of players.
    when poker money got crazy good, it's amazing how many smart guys started playing it rather than doing something else
    Huge fan of the game. Watch it like a hawk every week. Whoever is on the screen. Not interested in Tiger Woods any more than the next player. If he is on the screen when I get home on Sunday from my 8:52 tee time I will watch the end of the tourney. If he is not there I will watch whoever is.

I am like that with most sports. I am a fan of the game, not of the players or teams.

Golf was a huge favorite of mine long before Tiger and will be a huge favorite of mine long after. As mentioned I appreciate what he has done for the game but am of the opinion golf will always be here and would have always been here with or without the guy. If you are of the opinion that the above mentioned players would not be here without him that is fine. I do not share that viewpoint. If Rory, Dustin and Rickie were not there someone very talented would be.

Now the attention he brings to the game is much of the trainwreck variety and unfortunate. Not at all of importance to me.

Golf is way bigger than one player and has always had it's poster boy. Never been important to me at all. I did not watch golf because of Jack, Arnie, Norman or anyone else. I watch golf because I love the game.

I am like that with most sports, a fan of the games, not the players or teams in them.
    Last edited by billysink; 06-02-12 at 09:36 AM.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

if a thread was made when he's doing well we wouldn't have one but every 6 months

agree with bronxy, he won't win this weekend and will never catch jacks record

jjgold

Huge fan of the game. Watch it like a hawk every week. Whoever is on the screen. Not interested in Tiger Woods any more than the next player. If he is on the screen when I get home on Sunday from my 8:52 tee time I will watch the end of the tourney. If he is not there I will watch whoever is.

I am like that with most sports. I am a fan of the game, not of the players or teams.

Golf was a huge favorite of mine long before Tiger and will be a huge favorite of mine long after. As mentioned I appreciate what he has done for the game but am of the opinion golf will always be here and would have always been here with or without the guy. If you are of the opinion that the above mentioned players would not be here without him that is fine. I do not share that viewpoint. If Rory, Dustin and Rickie were not there someone very talented would be.

Now the attention he brings to the game is much of the trainwreck variety and unfortunate. Not at all of importance to me.

Golf is way bigger than one player and has always had it's poster boy. Never been important to me at all. I did not watch golf because of Jack, Arnie, Norman or anyone else. I watch golf because I love the game.

I am like that with most sports, a fan of the games, not the players or teams in them.
    Your a rarity in today's sports world, ratings are just not there if Tiger not around
    Parity has hurt the game..the quality of golf is probably at an all time high from top to bottom
    It is so hard to win any tourney now
    Sports needs stars..Golf lacking one to a degree right now
    Rory is not even close to a star....has lots of quit in him and has zero personality

milwaukee mike

agree with jj, you're a huge minority and a bit naive about the games continuing with or without superstars.
    places like milwaukee, we lost our golf tournament when superstars quit coming AND we lost our indy race until it came back this year.

so unfortunately I have witnessed first hand that when there isn't something to attract the casual fan, sometimes there is no game

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i started watching golf couple years ago when tiger started to suck. i would love to see the tiger of old and his dominating ways...

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

billysink whats your handicap? i will wear you out pal back tees only

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

tough track this week...even if he doesnt win, will be a huge confidence builder for him if he plays well....

screams in the backswing...that shits just rude

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

notice when all the tiger brown nosers post mutliple threads when tiger breaks par? and why all the love for tiger? are they gay?

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Tiger is akin to these so called 'professional' poker players that play in a million tournaments a year sooner or later you should get lucky and do well.

Tiger plays golf every week he should make a cut or two here or there maybe even win one. one out of 50 isnt a very good average, especially for a guy who was called the greatest golfer ever to play the game.

billysink

agree with jj, you're a huge minority and a bit naive about the games continuing with or without superstars.
    places like milwaukee, we lost our golf tournament when superstars quit coming AND we lost our indy race until it came back this year.

so unfortunately I have witnessed first hand that when there isn't something to attract the casual fan, sometimes there is no game
    Mike I am not the least bit naive. I don't frequent live events all that much and they will always be on the tube. They ain't going away in your lifetime or mine. You completely misread my post. Nowhere did I deny the existence of superstardom in any sport. I just plainly stated that I don't give a rat's ass about it. I being the exception to the norm, sports, competition will live forever.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    billysink whats your handicap? i will wear you out pal back tees only
    Billy has no problem whatsoever with the back tees. He just can't fukkin do anything else right.

About an 8 right now Drinker.

I need shots buddy. I need shots.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Tiger is akin to these so called 'professional' poker players that play in a million tournaments a year sooner or later you should get lucky and do well.

Tiger plays golf every week he should make a cut or two here or there maybe even win one. one out of 50 isnt a very good average, especially for a guy who was called the greatest golfer ever to play the game.
    He does not play every week..lucky if he averages every 3 weeks

Here is a prime example on how hard it is to win..some no name playing lights out and leading

It seems always a guy that has a great tourney

milwaukee mike

Mike I am not the least bit naive. I don't frequent live events all that much and they will always be on the tube. They ain't going away in your lifetime or mine. You completely misread my post. Nowhere did I deny the existence of superstardom in any sport. I just plainly stated that I don't give a rat's ass about it. I being the exception to the norm, sports, competition will live forever.
    the annual golf event in milwaukee is gone forever. never thought it would happen in my lifetime but it did.

look what happened to women's golf without annika, tournaments cancelled all over the place. look what has happened to boxing and horse racing over our lifetimes, those used to be the only things sportswriters cared about other than baseball.

i do understand your point, but watching athletic competitions (unless you have a large bet on it) is terribly boring if you don't give a rat's ass about rooting for or against superstars.

billysink

I get that Mike, I don't watch them that much really either anymore other that golf on Sunday's or NFL every Sunday for as long as I can stand it. I put the Tigers on the radio a lot and watch them most Saturday's.

I have spent so much time capping over the last 25 years that I don't fukkin care to do much more than that most days.

We are all different and I certainly don't begrudge superstardom nor do I pass judgement on those who have their heroes or favorites. Great for those who have kids or a common interest at work etc.

To each their own I guess.

milwaukee mike

yeah when someone asks who my favorite team is, i respond "the one i'm betting the most on today"

jjgold

Tiger faded a little today

Still in it but has to shoot -4 tomorrow

12 Last